A modern hotel in a great location.
We had a room rate including breakfast, which was a great start to the day - much more than a standard Continental offering with plenty of fresh choice.
The staff throughout were all very courteous and on hand for any queries.
On departure we had a query with our room tariffs, but this was dealt with very swiftly by the front office management.
Nice rooms with very comfortable beds, but with a few oversights:
1. No spyholes in the doors - not great as a woman in a room on her own.
2. Lovely powerful showers - but no shelf to put shampoo / soap etc.
3. No hand soap for the basin - had to use the shower gel for washing hands.
4. No complimentary water or tea/coffee making facilities in a 4 star hotel
The room I was in was small but, as mentioned by other reviewers, you only really use it as a base, and it was more than sufficient for single occupancy and the air-conditioning was very effective.
However, on the down side, there seemed to be a distinct lack of soundproofing. We could hear everything going on in the corridor and the adjoining rooms. One evening I was going back to my room and could hear snoring from one of the rooms - I pity whoever was in the room next to it!
Having said that, noise was not a problem overnight (maybe because the hotel wasn't too busy).
For the location alone, I would more than likely stay here again, and recommend it to others.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Carris Porto Ribeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.