“Great Hotel, Nice location”

InterContinental Porto Palacio das Cardosas
Ranked #1 of 106 Hotels in Porto
Hamilton, Canada
“Great Hotel, Nice location”
Reviewed 30 September 2011

Stayed here only one night in September of this year. Really nice hotel, clean, quiet. Very helpfull staff from the minute you pull up to the front door until you leave. Staff were all very helpfull and accomodating. Rooms and beds very comfortable, had a great nights sleep which is rare for me. Would love to have stayed another night or two. Knowledgable staff. Would return to this hotel if we are ever back in Porto. Did not try the hotel restuarant.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Gavin W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Prellenkirchen
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Me and my husband stayed at the Intercontinental Porto for 2 nights and this hotel was absolutely amazing with very good service. The hotel is located in the centre of Porto and we had a very nice Double bed Deluxe Room. The room was wonderful. Not very big, but elegant with luxurious feeling. Bathroom was very spacious on the other side, one of the best I have ever experienced. One downside was that the room was oriented to the main square, so with open window it would be quite noisy. Breakfast was very good, excellent service,but nothing exeptional. Generaly staf was also really helpful and professional, one of the best I have experienced. So in final I have to say that this hotel was our best experience in Portugal (we totaly stayed at 5 hotels) and honestly it is among the best hotels we have ever visited.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Beata H
Paris, France
Reviewed 2 September 2011

We stayed at the Intercontinental for 3 nights with Rewards Points. A Day before the check-in, the guest relations gave me a call to let me know that the Presidential Suite was not available for some issues (decoration not finished). Because -> Brand new hotel. So we get a very nice (Double bed Deluxe) Room on the ''Praca Liberdade''. Moreover, we asked for free Breakfast (25 Euros initial fees per peson) and we kindly got it. Personalized Check-in.

The room was wonderful. Spacious, elegant, old fashion style with high tech devices. Very nice bed. Noiseless, even on the first floor facing the square.

Staff is really helpful. The concierge and the reception staff don't hesitate to help you and are very kind. The waiter from the breakfast remembered our names and what we took the day before.

Perfect location. Right in the middle of the historic district. 10 Mn walking from the Douro's river. Plenty of restaurants nearby. Not so touristic. Very convenient for bus, train and subway. Free internet downstairs under the front desk.

Only one negative point. The restaurant served only some snacks. But I'm sure it's a little bit early to launch the main menu. The bar (Astoria) was very classy and The bartender very professionnal and very ''courtoix''!

If you wanna stay for a couple of days in Porto, I fully recommend you this outstanding Intercontinental. You can trust my words because I'm working in Hotel business too...

Thomas A.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Thomas A
Madrid
Reviewed 22 August 2011

My wife and kids stayed there for a couple of nights during our Summer trip across Portugal. The hotel is great, in mint condition (opened in July, and not all rooms are finished, I have been told). The location couldn't be better, right on the center of Oporto -- notice that most of the nice hotels are on the other side of the river, in Vila Nova de Gaia. Service is good, but one can see that they are still learning on the job a little bit. Totally recommended. A nice addition to the Intercontinental offerings.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank antonioschuh
macau
Reviewed 11 August 2011

Stayed on August 7th, I booked a Presidential Suite Duplex but the hotel called me a day earlier to say the suite was unfinished until August 15th, so they moved me to 2 executive rooms.

There's another review here for the same date, of a stay at the Suite Duplex, with a photo.

I have to assume the hotel made a double booking,and gave it to them.

I have another booking for August 20th, that I hope will be honored this time.

I am from Porto,but live in Macau,China.
I am a long time loyal Platinum Ambassador with IC Hotels.
I am very happy that IC finally has an hotel in Porto, that no doubt is the best in this city.
There is another very nice hotel but on the other side of the river in Gaia and far from the "heat" of the city.
From the moment we arrive, we feel the usual IC atmosphere and good service.
The room was a bit small but very comfortable and the view to the "Praca",fantastic.
The location is unbeatable to move around Porto center and bars.
There's a nice coffeeshop inside,Astoria.
Forget Starbucks!!!
I ordered a coffe that comes with a glass of cold water and a free cake for 2 euros...
.... free internet and all newspapers for reading.

I fully advise to spend this little more and stay with class in this beautiful city,Porto.

MARIO COSTA

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank mariomacau
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 5 August 2011

This is an outstanding hotel. Brand new, there are some adjustments to be done, but still was for me one of the best stays ever. Can´t think about a better spot to stay in Porto. The beautiful historical building adds lots of charm. I´ve got a room with a wonderful view of the Praça da Liberdade and loved it, but very sensitive sleepers (not my case) may find it a bit noisy in the morning (around 8 am).

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank AGupi
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Stayed within first few weeks of Hotel opening so not all facilities available.
Has the potential to be the best hotel in Porto.
Rooms lovely. We stayed in Exec room on 2nd floor overlooking Square. Beautiful and very comfortable. Bathrooms fab.
Staff could not have been more helpful - especially Concierge Clara.

• Stayed July 2011