“High quality hotel for affordable price” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Eurostars Oporto

Eurostars Oporto
Ranked #16 of 103 Hotels in Porto
Helsinki
“High quality hotel for affordable price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2011

A four star hotel very close to Hospital Sao Joao metro stop. Nice, peaceful environment with some basic restaurants nearby (main dishes 5-15 euros).

Service was excellent with both receptionists speaking excellent English. They were able to provide me help with all matters.

The room was very clean and the building appeared to be very new. The bed wasn't too soft, tv has all the channels (room with two single beds), decorations were modern, high speed WiFi in the room, small kitchen included (to get access to homeware you'd had to pay 8e). For the price I paid (50e per night, 1 person, July 2011) I got a high quality accommodation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with balcony.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank tomumo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
Porto, Portugal
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2011

We've been many times at this hotel since their first week, in different rooms, and we loved all of them.
Always perfectly clean, very cool staff and nice prices!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank maria_catarina
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2011

Stayed 3 nights while visiting Porto. As the other reviewers said, it is a little out of the city but the metro is so reliable and frequent it was not an issue at all. The room was large and tastefully decorated. There is a small kitchenette but no utensils. We had a balcony - view was of undeveloped area. Bathroom was big. As the hotel is newly opened, everything looked fresh and new. We didn't eat in the hotel, there are a number of cafes across the road and we tried breakfast at 2 of them. Both were good and very reasonably priced. Porto is a lovely city, would visit again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Southern NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2011

We really enjoyed our stay at Eurostars. Location was great for seeing the sights. Our bed was the most comfortable one of all our hotels in Portugal...The room was quite nice. Staff was generally helpful.

Parking was included in our room rate. The parking lot was spacious by European standards, with both outdoor and an indoor sections, and relatively easy to get in and out of.

Step out the front door to the right and go a block to the Ze de Braga restaurant for a good dinner of traditional Portuguese food at at good price. Step out and go left one block to a small supermarket where we bought food so that we did not have to pay for the European breakfast.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GreenUnicorn
Alexandria, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2011

I picked this hotel based on reviews by other trip advisor reviews and I am so glad I did. I cancelled bookings at two other hotels in favor of this one and I love it!

The hotel is not located in the center of town and my driver worried me a bit when he told me "it is so far; you will not be able to do anything", but I liked what I saw when I entered the lobby. Yes, the hotel is a bit off from the center of town but the outstanding public transport system in Porto dispells that - the start/end of the metro (which by the way is ultra modern clean and efficient) is just across the main street and is about 3 mins walk.

The rooms are spacious, modern, and delightful (and trust me, I am picky about my hotel rooms!) The hotel is billed as an ApartHotel and that it is; there is a small well appointed kitchenette in the entry area with a refrigerator, double burner induction hob, a microwave, a sink and storage cabinets. I like everything about this hotel. The staff are friendly, knowledgeable and helpful. Lilliana, one of the front desk staff, took time to help me with a problem I had for an activity, two days in a row, until we got it sorted.

This hotel gives you the feel of a boutique hotel but at a budget hotel price. Even the buffet breakfast (not included) is a steal at 12 Euros. This hotel would be rated 5 stars in most major cities and I give them 5 stars!

Chef G.

Room Tip: All the rooms are well appointed
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank ChefG-A2011
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

We spend 4 nights in this amazing hotel and I can't complain about a single thing. The hotel is brand new, very modern and stylish. It's location may not suit everyone but it was perfect for us. It's located in a nice residential area only 3 minutes walk from a metro station and it take only 10 minutes to get to the city centre. The area is really quiet with lots of little cafes and a few restaurants, no noise pollution at all. There is also a small shopping centre with a supermarket 10-15 minutes walk from the hotel.

The rooms were spotless clean and spacious with plenty of storage. The only minor downside was that there was a small kitchenette in our room however there were no plates or cups. But I will still give it 5 out of 5.

In terms of breakfast, you have lots of options and all the food was fresh and delicious.

Also the hotel staff were really friendly, gave us some useful tips and recommendations on where to go. Especially Piedro the bartender was really helpful.

Overall the hotel is just great value for money. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
1 Thank wizzy_g
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

I loved my stay in this hotel. Everything was perfect. the service was polite, charming and very helpful. The room was big, the bathroom was big, everything brand new and of good quality. There was even a small kitchen, but I believe you had to pay extra to use, I never neded, so I did not ask. There is even a pillow menu, so that one can chose the pillow he/she needs.I also loved the balcony. I've staid in other 5 eurostars hotels, in Europe, but this was the best so far. The only possible disadvantage one might think is the disstance from downtown, but considering how deploring anddestroied Porto looks like, it is much better to stay outside the old town.
I would recommend this hotel to everyone I know and do not forget the it is the best value for the money in Porto! Congratulations Eurostars!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple