“Dining in Porto”

Price range: US$65 - US$94
Cuisines: Portuguese, Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Welcome to a quite, rustic 19th century house, just in front of river Douro, where Portuguese wine and food are the perfect excuse to forget the world and to enjoy the moment. An open kitchen where we love what we do to whom we do. A wide variety of Portuguese wines (15 by the glass) from which you can choose. Far from confusion, protected yet exposed, we look to pay an Ode to those who visit us - our guests. Relax. Fell at home.
Reviewed 23 April 2014

My wife and I recently visited Porto and found the experience to be great. Both food and service was wonderful. I was able to book the table via e-mail for the USA and the table was waiting as promised. I would highly recommend stopping in when in Porto.

1  Thank Dennis08053

Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

What a delight! I arranged to take my husband to Porto for his 30th birthday and the during my research was recommended this place by a friend of a friend. It is a complete gastronomic experience, the food is full of layers and needs to be tasted not just devoured. It isn't the cheapest plate in town, however I think I would pay 3 x as much for the experience in London. Wonderful food and staff can't recommend this place enough if you want an experience as well as a wonderful plate of food.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Don't be put off by the sign on the door that says it takes 3 hrs for dinner. We recently dinned at ODE and they were right it did take 3 hours but it was a really enjoyable experience. The food was really high quality , the service excellent and an added bonus that as they cook each dish as you order they can cater for ceoliac's easily. They even had gluten free bread! Go eat and enjoy

Reviewed 19 April 2014

There are many ordinary restaurants in Porto and many tourist traps. ODE is in a league of its own. My best recommendation in Porto!
Everything was outstanding from the arrival, the starters, the food with matching wines, the desert, and especially the staff who were all very pleasant and helpful. Instantly you had the feeling of being guest in their private home.
Remember to reserve a table in advance. There are only 7 tables, and we were lucky to get the very last table. Many guests didn't get a table.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We called into Ode on our first night in Porto and were lucky enough to get a table fir two. The owner and his staff were knowledgable and passionate. The owner intervened to get us a table and insisted that we complain to him if even the tiniest thing was not right.

We had the mixed appetisers followed by the pork in orange sauce and finished with their speciality desert, the Grandmother's pudding. All were excellent. We asked for wine recommendations for each course and had a glass of excellent white and red Portuguese wine.

We had a table for two on a raised platform in the corner of the first floor. The service was excellent throughout.

I had one teeny complaint which, as instructed, I shared with the owner at the end of our meal. An unsightly strip light was visible from our table. He said he would have it fixed.

We so much enjoyed our meal that our last task was to book for a second night. Again we had an excellent meal and service. Oh and the owner explained that he had already commissioned an electrician to change the lighting.

If you are going to Porto, do yourself a big favour and book a table at this restaurant. It is small so I would book as early as possible. Note that they are closed Sunday and Monday and only take cash.

PS. They also sell a range of excellent ports they make themselves under the Ode label.