“Like sleeping on the motorway on someone else's urine!!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of iStay Hotel Porto Centro

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
iStay Hotel Porto Centro
Ranked #59 of 205 Speciality Lodging in Porto
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Like sleeping on the motorway on someone else's urine!!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Myself And partner decided to stay at the easyhotel in Porto for our very first trip to Portugal as I have a particular interest in airlines we thought if I liked easyjet let's try their hotels. We arrived at the hotel a few minutes before the check-in (2:58 to be precise) and they said please wait the rooms aren't ready yet! Considering that you check out at 10am, am sorry it doesn't take long even for the crappest of cleaners to clean the room it's not exactley a large room it's a small panic cell with a phone.
But never the less we all (about 2 of us and 15 other folk) waited like cattle eagerly for the 120 seconds to pass!! As we finally checked in, a seen an A4 sheet of paper on the desk with a list of extras you have to pay for if you require them the obvious ones where there (Iron, Wifi,) then towels ...... I had to do a double take but yea you guessed it €1 for a towel, even though you don't get enough towels for the amount of guests staying there. We arrived at the room and wow it was small and quite warm so obvious thing to do (Open the windows) SURPRISE SURPRISE windows don't open!! (think to get the windows fully open you have to pay extra) even though you pay extra for the window room. We settled in and watched tv (most channels in German) yes you heard me not even Portugese but German!!! I dropped my card key under the bed so lifting the mattress i was greeted by A mountain of dust you would think we where staying at a monument and not a easyhotel, considering my partner has a severe allergy to dust it was to extreme importance to notify reception to get the cleaners come and clean it , The receptionist said it would be cleaned the next day, next day came and went and still no clean room. Went back to reception and they said we cleaned the room! Really??? Cause by the look of these photos we showed them it clearly shows that this wasn't done he said he would report it and get it done as soon as possible. The next day STILL NO CLEAN ROOM getting a bit angry of waiting 3 days to get the room clean ( they told us cause we where staying a week we get our room cleaned once for free and that it be half way through our stay) but spoke to a senior member of hotel staff who rude is putting it nicely said "I DECIDE IF YOUR ROOM GETS CLEANED OR NOT" then she came up with the excuse "As there where clothes ON the bed the cleaners couldn't clean your room " I wasnt asking for a 60 minute makeover we just wanted the bins emptied and UNDERNEATH the bed hoovered! FINALLY the next day the room was cleaned!! A whole 5 days after we asked for the dust to be cleaned ( even though this should have been done immediately considering my partners allergy)

I paid €5 euro for wifi to get back in touch with my family. But then told me I have to go to the -1 floor in the canteen to get access to it as you can't get access from the rooms. If the wifi was free fair enough can't argue with that. But to pay a fiver to sit in a canteen in the freezing cold is ridiculous and should be made accessible from the comfort of your own room.

And the air conditioning in the room is soooo noisy it fells like easyhotel is using one of their own easyjet plane
Engines to cool the place the noise was unbelievable and the temperature setting doesn't work!

And I know hotels in the city may be a tad bit more noisy , But the hotel is above a bus station every 5 minutes all you hear is BEEP BEEP!! so if you want a long lie set your alarm for 7AM!

But on the last night and I pulled the duvet back and the sheet and on this white sheet A MASSIVE URINE STAIN on the sheet!! Considering me or my partner dont have bed wetting problems this must have been from the guests before us and that the rooms haven't been cleaned ( which comes to no surprise)

Ok so air conditioning might be noisy and you have to pay for most things but lying on someone else's p*ss is the last straw.

Finally there's guest information leaflet they give you that says "We are like no other hotel to get the best price ALL WE ASK IS THAT YOU TO SACRAFICE A BIT OF
LUXURY"

It didnt say anything about sacrificing human rights !!

Best Bet: pay that extra £30 for a better hotel least you don't have to be scared to ask for more toilet paper or towels!!

• Stayed July 2012
5 Thank Craig_C2

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

I arrived on the 19th of July 2012 and they asked me to wait with another ten guests in the smallest reception area as they couldnt check us in until 3pm, but ot was 2:58 pm (ridiculous). Once I got in to the room, I found out the amount of dust that was undermeath the bed, i repported it each day as I am allergic and nothing was done to the matter all I got was abouse from one of the staff. The bins were constanly full and had to keep using my bags in order to have a bin in the room, I then requested for the cleaning service and after 2 days they still hadnt done it. This hotels also claims to be cheap but after u add on all the extras ; towels changed, room cleaned, tv, check out at 12, it works out more expensive than most hotels, but with worse service. On the last day I was left without soap in my room to shower pr wash my hands. By the wat they also charge 5 euros to go online via wifi in the canteen (terrible).

• Stayed July 2012
3 Thank Ernenito

Travellers are raving about these Porto hotels

Sydney, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2012

The good thing about this hotel is the price. Being part of the easyjet company this hotel is a budget hotel and pretty cheap as well. Like the airplane any other necessity, like internet, soaps etc, come as extra charge - which are fair enough. The room is comfortable enough and the hotel itself is walking distance to main shopping street – around 5 mins walk to the church and cathedral and other main attractions.

HOWEVER... I have stayed in easy hotel in Budapest before (that one was a good stay), but it is nothing like this one. We came in at 4 pm (check in time is 3 pm) to be told that the room was not ready yet due to some cleaners problem. All good we said, so we just left our luggage in the reception and went to some attractions. Came back after dinner around 11 pm and then went to our room to find there are specks of BLOOD on the toilet seats. Which beg the question whether the room had actually been cleaned.. the staff hotel are friendly enough, however they are very unhelpful. When asked how to do we get to places, all they said, o go this bridge/road/corner and ask around there, the people around there will know. Eeerrrr...

Because of this, I will NOT recommend this hotel, look for other hotels in Porto – overall accommodation in Porto are quite cheap and one should be better than this one!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Christie T
Lisbon, Portugal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

Well located, near everything, clean, professional service.
The rooms in lower flower are noisy. You can ear the people passing and speaking in the street, even without speaking loud, feeling that you are sleeping in the street. Noisy street, lots of traffic and buses all the night, increasing earlier. This can be improved with another set of windows, I suppose.

Room Tip: The rooms in lower flower are noisy.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank John the First S
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012 via mobile

This room cost 24 euros per night. What I got was a totally functional room; double bed, hot power shower, air con and black out blinds.
The hotel was well located, ten mins wander from all the sights and the river front.
The room lacked character, but I guess that's to be expected for the price.
The thing that prevents me giving a 5 star rating is that there were extra fees for the tv and the wifi. I know this makes them optional, but part of me would prefer to pay a bit extra on the room and have them included.
I'd stay here again thou, a b

• Stayed May 2012

Stayed May 2012
2 Thank SohoSquare
Stellenbosch, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

hotel is 2 doors down from bus terminus, bus from Lisbon. young energetic people at reception working shifts, has vending machines fom coffee to water. lifts to rooms. clean, plain white linen, we had room on the street so of course it was noisey due to all the buses driving pass but that was understandable, the hop on bus is also 50mters either way, walkign distance to shops and restaurants, wants we got the lay we walked to the cathedralm down to the waterfront, value for money

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends