“Great Hotel in Middle of Porto”

iStay Hotel Porto Centro
Ranked #57 of 253 Speciality Lodging in Porto
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Arrived in Porto early on a Tuesday afternoon parked in middle of Town to survey map for accommodation that evening – just across the road was an easyHotel – walked in booked a room for the night the receptionist was extremely helpful (helped us find accommodation in Albufeira for the Thursday and Friday) – paid the 34 euro’s then took the lift to our room – which was very spacious twin beds very comfortable deposited our luggage and set off to tour the town and Port Houses – we left the car parked opposite the hotel from arrival until we left 10:30 the next morning with no problem. Fully recommend this hotel for future travellers’.

Room Tip: If travelling by public transport couldnt ask for a more central spot.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie B

Reviewed 9 May 2013

I used the GROUPON voucher for this hotel. And I was not dissapointed. The staff there is very welcoming and helpful. They gave me much advice about the city. The room which I got was very big as for this kind of hotel - but maybe I was lucky. As I am used to those "plastic kind of bathrooms" I will not comments on it - as for me it is fine - but maybe not for everbody. What I missed a bit is the WI-Fi - I would need to pay for it and actually I am used to getting it for free.
What is also very nice is the fact that it is very,. very close to the bus station and quite close to the train station - basically it is in the centre which is wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2013

great place to stay, near to santa catrina shopping belt. front desk staff philipe is very friendly and helpful. 5 stars for him. room and bathroom is very clean. though room is a bit small, I got what I needed: just a night stay.

Room Tip: get a high floor room and you may pass the building opposite.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 February 2013

A great service, a very kind staff and a great location. A clean and comfortable room, allied with a very well informed staff and a very central location... Here are the ingredients to good times!
Another interesting fact: big number of young guests... In some way, I was feeling a little younger.
About the staff, they were very kind, very well informed and made me feel a little "portista".
Great times, very worthy to repeat.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Hendrik R
Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

The service in this hotel is amazing. Super friendly receptionists with very good knowledge of Porto. They answered every single question i had with kindness and gave accurate information. The room was clean, there was no extra payment for using the tv or the ac in contrast with other easyhotels. We were allocoted in the 6th floor as we requested, it was still not very quiet we slept very well though... The matress was very comfortable. I really enjoyed my stay there

• Stayed: September 2012
3  Thank SOTIRIS S
Reviewed 4 August 2012

We were with friends and we loved it. Basically simple, of course it is a low cost, so we pay less. But it has a very comfortable bed and a very clean room and bathroom. Helpful staff.

100% recommend!

Room Tip: Very good location!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank Simon C
Reviewed 27 July 2012

Myself And partner decided to stay at the easyhotel in Porto for our very first trip to Portugal as I have a particular interest in airlines we thought if I liked easyjet let's try their hotels. We arrived at the hotel a few minutes before the check-in (2:58 to be precise) and they said please wait the rooms aren't ready yet! Considering that you check out at 10am, am sorry it doesn't take long even for the crappest of cleaners to clean the room it's not exactley a large room it's a small panic cell with a phone.
But never the less we all (about 2 of us and 15 other folk) waited like cattle eagerly for the 120 seconds to pass!! As we finally checked in, a seen an A4 sheet of paper on the desk with a list of extras you have to pay for if you require them the obvious ones where there (Iron, Wifi,) then towels ...... I had to do a double take but yea you guessed it €1 for a towel, even though you don't get enough towels for the amount of guests staying there. We arrived at the room and wow it was small and quite warm so obvious thing to do (Open the windows) SURPRISE SURPRISE windows don't open!! (think to get the windows fully open you have to pay extra) even though you pay extra for the window room. We settled in and watched tv (most channels in German) yes you heard me not even Portugese but German!!! I dropped my card key under the bed so lifting the mattress i was greeted by A mountain of dust you would think we where staying at a monument and not a easyhotel, considering my partner has a severe allergy to dust it was to extreme importance to notify reception to get the cleaners come and clean it , The receptionist said it would be cleaned the next day, next day came and went and still no clean room. Went back to reception and they said we cleaned the room! Really??? Cause by the look of these photos we showed them it clearly shows that this wasn't done he said he would report it and get it done as soon as possible. The next day STILL NO CLEAN ROOM getting a bit angry of waiting 3 days to get the room clean ( they told us cause we where staying a week we get our room cleaned once for free and that it be half way through our stay) but spoke to a senior member of hotel staff who rude is putting it nicely said "I DECIDE IF YOUR ROOM GETS CLEANED OR NOT" then she came up with the excuse "As there where clothes ON the bed the cleaners couldn't clean your room " I wasnt asking for a 60 minute makeover we just wanted the bins emptied and UNDERNEATH the bed hoovered! FINALLY the next day the room was cleaned!! A whole 5 days after we asked for the dust to be cleaned ( even though this should have been done immediately considering my partners allergy)

I paid €5 euro for wifi to get back in touch with my family. But then told me I have to go to the -1 floor in the canteen to get access to it as you can't get access from the rooms. If the wifi was free fair enough can't argue with that. But to pay a fiver to sit in a canteen in the freezing cold is ridiculous and should be made accessible from the comfort of your own room.

And the air conditioning in the room is soooo noisy it fells like easyhotel is using one of their own easyjet plane
Engines to cool the place the noise was unbelievable and the temperature setting doesn't work!

And I know hotels in the city may be a tad bit more noisy , But the hotel is above a bus station every 5 minutes all you hear is BEEP BEEP!! so if you want a long lie set your alarm for 7AM!

But on the last night and I pulled the duvet back and the sheet and on this white sheet A MASSIVE URINE STAIN on the sheet!! Considering me or my partner dont have bed wetting problems this must have been from the guests before us and that the rooms haven't been cleaned ( which comes to no surprise)

Ok so air conditioning might be noisy and you have to pay for most things but lying on someone else's p*ss is the last straw.

Finally there's guest information leaflet they give you that says "We are like no other hotel to get the best price ALL WE ASK IS THAT YOU TO SACRAFICE A BIT OF
LUXURY"

It didnt say anything about sacrificing human rights !!

Best Bet: pay that extra £30 for a better hotel least you don't have to be scared to ask for more toilet paper or towels!!

• Stayed: July 2012