“Average hotel”

iStay Hotel Porto Centro
Ranked #50 of 262 Speciality Lodging in Porto
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Hotel is located near main station and Cathedral. Check in and check out is very easy and quick. Price wise very very cheap.
Room was very basic but clean. Wifi was not included in room price. Good for 1 night stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 27 June 2013

Clean, quiet, well-located. Online rates from re-sellers same as from easyHotel site. Be careful as "double" means double i.e. one big bed that can not be split into two twins. Otherwise be prepared to get intimate with your travel companion!

I like this concept of paying only for what you need/use. Be prepared for extras however if you need extra towels or room cleaning.

If you're not a heavy internet user, make use of the free wifi at Cafe Lobito a few doors down while having your breakfast or lunch.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2013

The location is amazing. Nearby the downtown area and available to walk by to all atractions by bubway or train. The staff was amazing. The room mas big enough to a couple with luggage of 30 days traveling... The wifi is free of charge different of all easyHotel's. Certainly will stay ther in my next visit to Porto.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 June 2013

We stayed here for a week in a visit to Porto for Sao Joao. We got a decent price for the week, and the location is very good, very central.

One thing that you should know about easyHotel is that you pay for any additional extras, including left luggage, wifi, fresh towels etc. After a couple of days, we requested that we have more toilet roll put into our room, as well as maybe some fresh towels, and we were told that as a favour since we were staying 7 nights, that they would do it this once free of charge. We were not happy with this. A 7 night stay would surely warrant at least two towel changes, without having to worry about extra charges.

The room and bathroom were clean, new feeling, and pretty spacious. The shower was good, and I wouldn't have much bad to say about any of this. Except maybe that there were only two pillows for the bed, one would expect four.

Generally made for a comfortable stay, however I would like to stress how we were not happy with having to pay for 'extras', especially the wifi - at €5 per stay is not good, though obviously better for us as we were there 7 nights.

Room Tip: If you're disturbed by traffic noise, try get a room off the street.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2013

Good location of hotel lets get in most places by walk. Room and bathroom was new and clean. My room was big, but I would say it is really easy hotel - basic hotel. There was a plenty space for some desk or table with some coffe/tea maker. That was missed, because hotel not serving breakfast and other meals. On leaflet of hotel there is an information that on one of the floor there is a coffe/tea maker. When I needed tea I went downstairs and what I've seen: machine with ready "tea" and "coffe" to buy. Size od cups was for 2 sips and "tea" wasn't real tea - probably some granules instatnt - horible sweet. Coffe was similar quality. Awful. So finally there wasn't a chance to get some hot water and even do tea myself.
What quest also should know before booking: there is a one towel per person for stay. If u need new towel it cost additional charge. Service room is cost additional money as well. So what can I say it was ok stay (but only ok).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2013

Arrived in Porto early on a Tuesday afternoon parked in middle of Town to survey map for accommodation that evening – just across the road was an easyHotel – walked in booked a room for the night the receptionist was extremely helpful (helped us find accommodation in Albufeira for the Thursday and Friday) – paid the 34 euro’s then took the lift to our room – which was very spacious twin beds very comfortable deposited our luggage and set off to tour the town and Port Houses – we left the car parked opposite the hotel from arrival until we left 10:30 the next morning with no problem. Fully recommend this hotel for future travellers’.

Room Tip: If travelling by public transport couldnt ask for a more central spot.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Julie B
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I used the GROUPON voucher for this hotel. And I was not dissapointed. The staff there is very welcoming and helpful. They gave me much advice about the city. The room which I got was very big as for this kind of hotel - but maybe I was lucky. As I am used to those "plastic kind of bathrooms" I will not comments on it - as for me it is fine - but maybe not for everbody. What I missed a bit is the WI-Fi - I would need to pay for it and actually I am used to getting it for free.
What is also very nice is the fact that it is very,. very close to the bus station and quite close to the train station - basically it is in the centre which is wonderful.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple