All reviews free walking tour cinema room meet other guests bed dorm female dorm deluxe suite douro valley cleaned daily common areas roof terrace great facilities would definitely stay here again stayed longer visiting porto decent breakfast beautiful building great recommendations
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This hostel was amazing. On arrival we were given an extensive tour of the hostel and surrounding area. Our room (six bed mixed dorm) was spacious and comfortable with amazing attention to detail. The hostel has everything you could possibly need and the staff are very helpful and friendly. Definitely make time to do the hostels free walking tour of the city and their walking tour of the local art district, we really enjoyed these.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
NunoGH, Gerente at Gallery Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Dear Emily R,

Thank you for time on writing your kind review.

We believe that every guest should feel home when they first walk in the Gallery Hostel. This is why we take everyone on a tour of the property and make our best to explain each guest about Porto.

We all hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

The Gallery Hostel at Porto is a beautiful and extremely comfortable place to stay. The staff are really friendly and helpful, and the location is quite convenient. I absolutely loved it, highly recommend it!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
NunoGH, Gerente at Gallery Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear DelhiciousA,

Thank you very much for your precious time on writing this great review.
We are all very glad to hear you felt welcomed and taken care of by us staff.

Don't hesitate to come back soon :)!

Adriano Mineiro

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Everything was really excellent. Big and clean rooms, but the most amazed was the common rooms. All of them were cozy and stylish. I have stayed in hotels that can not even reach the quality of this hostel. Staff was really friendly and nice, especially Luis, who was always there from our after-midnight return from the bars of Porto serving us the last drink always with smile. I enjoyed Porto, but while I was leaving, I was thinking that I'll definitely coming back, only just because of the hostel.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Anastasia,

It is with great pleasure I read your genuine review. Everyone from staff feels honored by your great compliments.

You can be assured that we will keep up with the good work so next time you come, you'll feel the same way :)!

Best regards,
Adriano Mineiro

Reviewed 1 March 2014

This hostel is by far the best I have ever stayed in! From the get go the staff are so welcoming and make you feel at home. The location is perfect in the funky art district of porto! The rooms are modern with excellent facilities. The common rooms are great to chill out in. Breakfast is exceptional! The dinners at the hostel are well worth joining in on. I was there for the monthly Fado night, a great night of music met some awesome people! Overall... Porto was the best city I visited during my European travels, and this was by far the best place to stay! Thank you everyone at gallery hostel, I will be back definitely!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ashton W
NunoGH, Gerente at Gallery Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Ashton,

I want to thank you very much for your kind words and time on writing your review.
We are all very proud to hear you had such a great experience and also that you take Porto in your heart :)!

It is a pleasure to have contributed on highlighting your journey in Europe.
We will be around when you come back to Porto.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

Nice place! Felt just like home. The staff is very good! The place is clean and cosy. The tourist guides are very friendly, specially Pepe! Should take a trip to the Douro river!! And spend some time drinking Porto Wine in the hostel, listening to some good music! Nice play list they have.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo