All reviews free walking tour cinema room meet other guests bed dorm female dorm deluxe suite douro valley cleaned daily common areas roof terrace great facilities would definitely stay here again stayed longer visiting porto decent breakfast beautiful building great recommendations
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Right from our arrival at this hostel, we knew our stay would be unlike any hostel we'd been at before! The staff were incredibly friendly, and offered to tour us around the facilities and tell us about the city upon check-in. The attention and service was better than even some of the fanciest hotels I have stayed at before. The building itself is old, but beautifully restored and well maintained. The common areas and rooms were exceptionally clean and comfortable (we stayed in a six-person dorm that was very spacious). Breakfast is included, as are towels, and walking tours (these are run by hostel staff, often locals, so you hear interesting tidbits of information about various parts of the city). One thing I noticed is that a lot of the other guests were older or families with children (I was travelling with other students, ~20 years old). I think this is because the price is a bit higher than some of the other offerings in the area, though I think the value makes it well worth paying a few extra euros! If you stay here, definitely make reservations to do at least one dinner at the hostel! The cost is 10 euros; it is prepared by the owners (who are lovely!) and was fantastic! It fills up quickly, so try to make arrangements earlier rather than later. The hostel also has a movie room, which we enjoyed in the evenings after long days touring Porto and the surrounding area. Finally, take time to explore the area around the hostel. The hostel is in the gallery district, and I think there are a lot of cool little cafés and shops to be discovered; I regret not spending more time doing this. Overall, I cannot say enough good things about this place! I would recommend it to anyone, and would love to go back...

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank teeyap3
NunoGH, Manager at Gallery Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Teeyap,

Thank you so much for such lovely revire about your stay at the Gallery Hostel.

We are very proud to have been chosen to accomodate you during your stay in Porto. Those words helps us go and strive every day to keep it up :)!

We all wish you an amazing Summer ahead and please come back to see us soo :)!

Warm regards,

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I don't know what more to say. Three weeks after I stayed there I am still thinking about what a great experience I had there. Location: ideal - minutes from excellent restaurants, bars & shopping and very close to the main attractions in the city. Facilities: clean, BEAUTIFUL & quite luxurious for a hostel. The best part though was the staff. Everyone who worked thee was very friendly. We especially loved Alex - he couldn't have been friendlier or more helpful. The hostel offers a great breakfast (free) each morning, and for 10 euro you can eat a three course dinner there (prepared by their resident chef) with other guests and staff. I highly suggest staying at this hostel when visiting Porto - you won't regret it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Aria F
NunoGH, Gerente at Gallery Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear Aria F,

I wanted to thank you for reaching out to other future guests by giving your great opinion about your stay with us :)!

We promise to keep up the good work… so when you come back you feel like home again!

Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

I loved this hostel!! It was amazing. The staff remembered my name and would introduce new hostel goers to me as they showed them around the hostel. The staff helped me put many times and were extremely helpful with lots of tips!

The Hostel is extremely clean. The amenities are awesome! I worked my way through there port list at the bar but they don't mind you drinking your own wine (which I did more then once in the movie room).

The other hostel goers were friendly, respectful and quiet. Met many people over breakfast in the morning which had scrambled eggs and fruit salad.

All in all one of the best hostels I have been too. It's also an art gallery and amazing inside. Great location too!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Sparklylouise

Dear Sparklylouise,

It was a pleasure to read your review about the overall experience at the Gallery Hostel… it made us all very happy to know you felt welcomed here!

Our location is indeed very special… in the Art District, a “corner” away from the Historical Centre and on a quiet street.

Please let us know if you’re thinking of coming again to Porto… We will be delighted to welcome you again in a near future!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

This is by far the best hostel I've ever stayed in. The interiors were beautiful, they had a lounge, a big screen movie room, a library/working space, a cozy kitchen and some outdoor areas.
They had a common 3 course dinner every night, at a very cheap price. Unfortunately we only stayed for three nights and didn't get the time to try it.
I stayed in an 8-bed dorm, but it felt luxurious even still. It was spacious and classy, with a big bathroom with two toilets and two showers, and there were big lockable cabinets for our stuff.
But the best part were the common areas, I absolutely loved them. Wish I could stay for longer!

Room Tip: 8-bed dorms are fine too! Spacious and wasn't fully occupied.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Julie984

Dear Julie,

Thank you very much for such detailed review about our facilities and services :).

We are also glad to know you enjoy the great space on your 6-bed dorm (we don’t have 8-beds yet) and that the common areas were up to your satisfaction.

We will be waiting for your return.
Stay well!

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is a fantastic hostel! It is clean, welcoming, well-located and the staff are incredibly helpful and friendly. Remember to join them for dinner at night. I would stay here again without any hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
NunoGH, Gerente at Gallery Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear Karen,

Thank you for your time on writing your feedback about your stay.

Those kind words are really important to us. We all hope to see you again soon !
Stay well.