Hubby and I spent two delightful nights at this hotel. As members of LHW, we were upgraded to an amazing suite on the 17th floor. Yeah, the TV at the end of the bath tub was neat and the suite lovely. Most of all, the service and attention to detail by the staff MUST be noted. The concierge service was outstanding. Sophia got us great tickets to a jazz performance at Casa da Musica and made sure all questions were answered as to transportation and places to visit. This certainly greatly enhanced our stay in Porto.
I must also highly commend our treatment and the food in the Portuguese restaurant. I was very taken by the quality and taste of the olive oil served with the bread and commented on it wondering where it could be purchased. Lo and behold, the chef made it possible to purchase a bottle of Quinta Vale do Conde olive oil. Such things rarely happen and it was a delight I will treasure and enjoy every time I get to enjoy this olive oil at home.
There are two nagging negatives I must recount. As a technology person, there is definitely some thing wrong with the wireless. I brought my iPad with me and had NO problems logging on at the many hotels we stayed in over our three week work/vacation trip. I did get my laptop on the network but ended up hard wiring my husband's laptop so he could do his work email. This is a problem that could be easily resolved with proper technology help.
Just before arriving at the hotel in Porto, we stayed at another LHW in Cascais. We had rather got used to the quality of breakfast items offered and the display of such. The breakfast buffet is definitely not up to this standard of that or the other LHW in Lisbon that we stayed. Breakfast was disappointing but not the staff who did their best.
Please do not take me wrong. Without a doubt, we would return to this hotel when we return to Porto. I would say the staff and the quality of the rooms are of the a five star hotel of the highest standard and the minor disappointments fade in comparison to the positives.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High-rise Hotel in city center; 5 minutes from Palacio de Cristal Exhibition Center; 10 minutes from Exponor Exhibition Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, TravelUp, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Porto Palacio Congress Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Palacio Congress Hotel Porto
- Porto Palacio Congress Hotel And Spa