This hotel claims to be one of the 'Leading Hotels of the World'. Don't know how it managed that. It also claims to be 5 star hotel but by European standards it would be classed as a 4 star. We found that the star rating in Portugal was not equivalent to UK ratings. The room was adequate and had double doors which cut down on noise in the corridor. The bathroom had a separate WC which was a good idea. There were no coffee and tea-making facilities in the room but when we asked if they had a kettle we could borrow, this was provided immediately (but with no cups!). The hotel has a swimming pool but there is a charge for using this. It also has a Spa but treatments were rather expensive. We stayed here as part of a big group and ate in the restaurant on several occasions , I don't know if the food we were served was their usual fare but it was well below average for this class of hotel. The breakfasts, however, were excellent and the staff very helpful and friendly. If we were to visit Porto on our own we would probably not stay here again. There are lots of good hotels in Porto.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- High-rise Hotel in city center; 5 minutes from Palacio de Cristal Exhibition Center; 10 minutes from Exponor Exhibition Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Splitty, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Prestigia, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Porto Palacio Congress Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Porto Palacio Congress Hotel Porto
- Porto Palacio Congress Hotel And Spa