“Yes! Hostels Are Amazing”
Review of Yes! Hostel Porto

Yes! Hostel Porto
Ranked #4 of 232 Speciality Lodging in Porto
Charlotte, NC
“Yes! Hostels Are Amazing”
Reviewed 2 May 2012

I have lived in Spain for about a year and stayed in many hostels around Europe. There is no doubt in my mind that Yes! Hostel is the best hostel in Europe. I stayed at their hostel in Lisbon and had such a wonderful experience that I went to Porto solely to stay in another Yes! Hostel. It is that great. My experience in Porto did not disappoint. The location is central to most things you want to see in Porto. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to accommodate us. You can pay for dinner at the hostel which is usually quite delicious and only around 8 euro. The rooms are new and spotless along with the bathrooms. There are electronic locks on lockers in the room so you feel safe leaving your things during the day. There are mac computers in the lobby for those who don't have computers and the internet is great. They have karaoke at night and the staff just genuinely look like they enjoy their jobs. The first night we went out to the bars with the staff and they showed us the good local bars. The second night we stayed in the hostel and just had our own party in the lobby at the bar with the other people staying there. Music, fun, cheap drinks and a great atmosphere to meet friends. I really cannot recommend this hostel enough. Traveled to Porto for this hostel and ended up discovering the beautiful city as a bonus! STAY HERE!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 22 April 2012

the location was perfect- in the center of porto within walking distance to everything. it's very new so everything was super clean. the key to your room uses a high-tech sensor and also acts as the key to the giant drawer under your bed. the main area has two mac computers you can use, a nice lounge area, and a great kitchen where you can eat dinner for 8 euros! my friend and i did this both nights and the food was delicious. you also get a free shot every night, a nice touch. we loved our stay here. thank you yes! hostel!

Room Tip: we stayed in a 4-bed room for all females. it had 2 bunk beds with locker drawers underneath and a s...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with friends
Merida, Mexico
Reviewed 28 March 2012

By far. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, and really well designed; we especially liked the "locker/drawers" under the beds, which were big enough to fit more than an entire suitcase, and loved the staff: super nice, friendly and helpful. In my opinion, it really sets a standard for what hostels should be like. The ONE thing I'd add to make it impossible to top is liquid hand-soap dispensers.

Make sure to take the free walking tour of Porto they offer; Pedro was a fantastic guide and made a fantastic job showing us the city and telling us all about its history.

An amazing deal for the price.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 March 2012

What a great hostel!! Very clean and comfortable rooms, clean amenities, kitchen available to cook your own meals, free WIFI, comfy lounge area AND free shot every night!! Great location and the staff are extremely friendly and helpful. Great choice for anybody wanting to stay in Porto - you get the location, affordability, local advice on food/activities plus meeting other travellers.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Reviewed 19 March 2012

This hostel is amazing. I usually don't rate hotels or hostels but I have to this time. The room is very clean. What makes this place absolutely amazing is the staffs. They welcomed me and my friends. They were very helpful. A staff recommended a Portuguese restaurant and the food was delicious and it was somethinig that I've never tried before! You can get towels when you put down five euro deposit. At 11:30 you can have a free shot with all other travelers. It's really easy to get around with others if you go on a pub crawl which is after the free shot time. My friends and I had a great time here and I am sure I will go back!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D I love you YES PORTO

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Efland, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 March 2012

This is by far the nicest hostel I have ever stayed in. The people who worked there were awesome and very helpful; heck, they even took the time to learn everyones name and when they saw you would call you by your name and say hello. The cleanliness is a huge selling point as well. This place was spotless and loads of fun. Dinner is served at a reasonable price every night and they give shots to everyone at 11:30. The location is great its about a block away from Porto's nightlife! I highly recommend this establishment so stay here and help grow the YES! hostel chain!

Room Tip: book with a large group so you can get the suite on the top floor
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 February 2012

I rate the hostels I stay in based primarily on the staff. The facilities are always considered, but the staff make or break it. Yes hostel has both. A good looking crew with smiles and good conversation. The lounge is bright and bubbly. The kitchen is more than sufficient for you chefs out there. Go there and have a great stay in Porto!

• Stayed February 2012