“excellent service”

Belver Beta Porto Hotel
Ranked #97 of 108 Hotels in Porto
Reviewed 12 October 2012

what that gives to an hotel 4 stars is the service and in this hotel the service is excellent. Everybody work to make your stay perfect. the 6° floor was recently renovated.
it is placed near the city center and there is the 600's bus stop in front of the entrance so is very easy move without car.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank girogio

Reviewed 2 October 2012

We stay for 2 nights in this hotel, the room was good, the beds were ok, an the bathroom was nice. It not in downtown but it has a bus stop in front, you can be in 8 in downtown with bus 600. The best was the breakfast, plenty of good food.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Cecilia H
Reviewed 26 June 2012

I was a little worried about staying here after reading mixed reviews, but was pleasantly surprised to discover clean and modern rooms. Probably the four star rating is a little exaggerated, I'd rate it a good three stars. A little far from downtown Porto, the bus 601 stops infront of the hotel and goes directly to the center in eight minutes.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank AlexanderIJohnson
Reviewed 10 October 2010

We booked a double room with a queen-size bed for a night in Beta Porto Hotel. When we arrived they sent us to a room in the 1st floor. The front desk was simple and the elevator was old but what was the first sign of failure was the 1st floor corridor. It had stains in the floor and was very old and dirty. When we entered the room we were shocked. The furniture was old (not old as a decoration theme but really old and degrading), the draw knobs were broken and inside the drawers, the toilet flush was broken and when we opened the tap water it ran brown and dirty. Not to mention the stains in the carpet and the dirty walls. So, we immediatly went downstairs and complained. The recepcionist apologized and told was that by the end of the afternoon the toilet would be working nicely, but, of course, we told him we didn't want the room by the afternoon, that we wanted it now and we even told him about the other problems. Then, he gave us a twin-bed room, because it was the only one available. At this time I was pissed, but we didn't have anywhere else to stay. The other room they gave us wasn't that bad, but the furniture was in bad shape anyway. The next morning we came down for breakfast. The table towels were very very dirty, but they tried to cover them with sheets of paper. There wasn't that much variety of food and it was always everything empty. We had to ask them to refill almost every item. In the end, I don't mind little, simple rooms if they're clean and confortable but this is not a 4 stars hotel and it's not worth 67euros per night, that's for sure, and it's a broken and filthy hotel!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sarag18
Reviewed 19 September 2010

when we arrived there was no porter no take our bags there is no tea or coffee facility in the room the shower was broken when i spoke to the front desk about the shower he said he would get it fixed nothing done when asked about the shower he said he forgot to tell the handy man he would tell him the next day went back to find handy man away for the week.room service very bad carpet not hoovered all week.and if you went down for breakfast after 9.15 there was nothing left most mornings just cornflakes, and a four star hotel no chance,

Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bobjlongstaff
Reviewed 29 June 2010

Stayed 2 nights, old hotel with very dated rooms, the hanging panel was hanging, didn't try the pool area/jacuzzi.
However the food is good, lunch and breakfast and the staff are friendly.
Overall a nice 3* hotel, but most certainly not a 4* as they claim.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank lrascao
Reviewed 6 June 2009

I stayed here from 23rd to 27th May 2009 and it felt like an endurance test staying here! The air conditioning didn't work, the shower was broken, the room was dirty even after room cleans each day and the staff were very unhelpful.

I normally stay in hostels when travelling but I decided to 'treat myself' to a 4star hotel.. what I didn't realise is that 4 star by UK standards is not the same across the board. This place was simply awful.

Everything is very dated and in need of repair. The hotel is miles out of town and you need to get a bus in and out (number 600 from Trindad) It's in a dodgy area too which I didn't realise until I got there. One night I didn't get to slepptil the early hours due to cars flying past with their hand stuck to their horns.. they never seemed tolift their handsoff them after acouple of seconds. Apparently there are alot of muggings and petty crime in the area and there is a waste ground right infront of the hotel which doesn't look good. I didn't feel all that safe -and I've travelled alone backpacking alot including in South Africa.

I had a minor run in with the staff at the front desk as I had asked when I booked the room that I have loan of a hairdryer... well they confirmed this at check in and told me it would be delivered to my room that day. I went out to go exploring but by late evening it still wasn't there and I went back down to reception to see where it was. The guyat the desk was very rude and said I had made a mistake and it had been delivered. When Ipushed it and said it hadn't and if I had made a mistake I would bring the extra one back (I'd just come from the room and knew it wasn't there!) He gave me the hairdryer but he implied that I was a liar and that I might be trying to steal one! It was ridiculous.

Another time I asked for a bathrobe and the girl on the desk said "yes there's one behind you, and in your room".. this is an example of non-English speaking staff, The woman on the desk on the way into the indoor pool couldn't even say hello. By the way, if you use the pool you must wear a swimming cap.. and in the absence of owning one (who brings a swimming capon holiday?) I had to ask for one.. to which I got a shower cap!

Just don't stay here, it's awful. The lack of people sitting eating breakfast in the morning by the sombre hotel 'restaurant' staff spoke volumes.

Oh, and if you're vegetarian - good luck finding anywhere which serves vegetarians food! I ended up eating fruit I bought in a supermarket for 3 nights dinner.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled solo