Moov Hotel Porto Centro
Agoda.com
US$383
Cancelon
2,740 results
All reviewshomeless peoplebudget hotelcentral locationhotel breakfastrooms are cleanshopping streetwalking distancelocation is greattrain stationsao bento stationwalked everywheregreat showermodern hotelcoffee machineshort stayby footthe river
Reviewed 19 June 2013

Stayed for 4 nights and found our 5 th floor room to be clean and mostly comfortable. The breakfast was very good but the coffee machine was slow and malfunctioned frequently. Many important attractions were within easy walking distance as were the trams, bus station and train station . Unfortunately, the air conditioning in our room and our neighbours room did not work and was not fixed after 3 reports to the front desk.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I lived in Porto until 1968 and this building was an old cinema (Águia d’Ouro) where I saw a lot of movies. So, for me, as I arrive to B&B, I always remember the cinema.
B&B has an excellent location and a good value for money. In case you have a car, there are parking around, even in the hotel, but I did not use it.
The rooms are comfortable (TV is too small) and quiet even those on the front, because of the 2 double glass windows.
WiFi is free and strong in public areas, although not so strong in some rooms.
Breakfast is OK and not expensive.
On the 1 st floor there is a very nice public area where you can relax. Watch TV or work, with a few tables and comfortable chairs.
It is very easy to get a taxi, the 22 tramway (and other public transports) stops at 150 m and Funicular dos Guindais is not far, some 500 m walking in the direction of Teatro S. João.
I’ve mention Funicular dos Guindais because it is “must experience”: it takes you in 2 minutes down to Douro River and “Ribeira” area.
A final word for the staff: I've stayed a few times and have the feeling that they are not as friendly as they should be.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CMDuarte
Reviewed 17 June 2013

A converted movie theatre! Small but adequate rooms - clean bathrooms. Comfy beds - €45 a night. Downside - breakfast €5.95 per person. Not worth it. Couldn't get a better location - within walking distance to everything! Will definitely stay here again! And free wi-fi!

1  Thank Mary C
Reviewed 17 June 2013

We were in Porto for 2 days to visit friends and stayed at this very reasonable hotel - excellent value. The room was small but offered everything we needed. We had breakfast at the hotel and enjoyed it. I should add that it was pouring rain during our visit and so we were glad we had the option to eat there. The location was good for buses - very central.

I loved the movie theme of the hotel. The dark corridors were a bit disorienting at first but the lights did come on! As I mentioned, it was cold and raining during the whole time but I did get a glimpse of Porto's beauty. I would definitely select this hotel for my return visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AuroraSky
Reviewed 16 June 2013

My husband and I stayed for 3 nights over a weekend in June 2013. Prime location.

We took the metro from the airport and got off Bolhoa station. Walk down Rua de Santa Catarina for less than 10 minutes and you're there.

Check in staff was friendly and efficient.
The room is modern and clean. Bathroom included soap and shampoo.
You don't get a room key/swipe card, just a pin code to enter your room which I thought was good.
Free and fast wifi throughout the hotel.

We paid 5.95 euro for buffet breakfast for each morning. It gets very busy especially at the coffee machine. So I would advise to go earlier or after 9am.
Breakfast included ham, cheese, selection of bread, yoghurt, cereal and variety of cakes.

Location is fabulous as we could walk to all the popular sites in Porto. 15 minutes to the harbour.

I would definitely recommend this hotel.