“Relaxing day trip: Wine and culture in the Douro valley”

Living Tours Portugal
Full-Day Tour to Santiago de Compostela and Valença do Minho from Porto
Ranked #10 of 174 Tours in Porto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Living Tours Portugal & Spain is a tour operator. We are a young team of professionals passionate for tourism and both countries. Our mission is to give our visitors the very best of this beautiful and charm countries - Portugal & Spain! Since 2004, we organize mini bus trips, shared and private, events and many other activities for our visitors!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Fantastic day, everything I was hoping for and more. I was only in Porto for 2 days and really wanted a chance to get out and see some of the much spoken about Douro valley. I was picked up from the hotel and right from the start went on a relaxing interesting day. Our tour guide; Paula Marinho was fantastic, and being a very small group (there was just myself and another girl from China), we talked about everything from relationships to unemployment in Portugal. The area is absolutely stunning and it was such a nice break to see the countryside. Highly recommended.

Just a note though, this agency has poor sign posting. If you wish to find this place do not rely on being about to turn up in the right location and simply finding it. I gave up trying to find it and only realised when I was inside booking the tour (with what I thought was a different agency) that it was actually living tours.

1  Thank Francescasmiles
LivingTours, Guest Relations Manager at Living Tours Portugal, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Francescasmiles, Thank you so much for sharing your experience within your tour! I am glad you were able to find us and visiting the Douro Valley with us! It is indeed a unique place! Thank you for all your kind words. We will work in improving our signage. Hope you can visit us again soon! Regards, Living Tours team

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Great tour! Intelligent & customized solution to see the beautiful, remarkable and historically rich sites in 1 day. Nevertheless the sites are quite distant from Porto, the tour was comprehensive. Very well-organized with personalized treatment (for a small group of persons up to 8) and friendly environment. No stress, no rush with a plenty of time for free exploration. Our guide, Paula Marinho, was just outstanding leading the tour in 2 languages: English & Portuguese, driving the van, guiding through the sites with explanations, giving good tipps about the local habits and cuisine, maintaining the right mood and friendly atmosphere and even responding to every personal question. Will defintely recommend the tour and the company to friends.

Regards,

Ilham

3  Thank 2907Ilham

Dear Ilham,

Thank you so much for your kind words.

I am very happy you had a fantastic experience on our Fatima and Coimbra full day tour!
Many thanks for the recommendation!

Hope we can be of further assistance in a future visit!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

We just had a wonderful day touring the Douro valley. Everything went smoothly and our tour guide, Joao, was courteous, friendly, knowledgeable and fun. I would definitely book with this company again. they even picked us up at our hotel! The tourist information center in the center of the city helped us to book this tour. They were most helpful!
nbrady

1  Thank NCRBrady
LivingTours, Guest Relations Manager at Living Tours Portugal, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear NCRBrady,
Many thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us!
I am very happy to hear you enjoyed the Douro tour, our guide and had a great time during the trip. Thank you so much for the recommendation and trust!
Hope you can visit us again in the near future.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We loved our guide, Paula. She spoke excellent Emglish and she was very knowledgeable about the area. She was also a very safe driver!

1  Thank Tove A

Dear Tove A,
Many thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We do appreciate it very much!
I am very happy to hear you had a lovely time and also our guide made a good job!
Hope we can be of further assistance in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

I spent an amazing day on this tour. My tour guide was fantastic and couldn't have been more helpful. The Douro valley is simply stunning and the visit to the vineyard was unforgettable. I would love to do this tour again when I next return to Porto.
Thankyou

1  Thank susiestephen

Dear susiestephen,
Thank you so much for your kind words and for sharing your feedback with us.
I am very happy to hear you had a great time. Thank you so much for the recommendation!
Hope we can be of further assistance in the future.