1,473 results
All reviews rooftop pool squash court city centre blue bus large hotel euro taxi ride bus stop taxi rank executive room the hotel website buffet breakfast is the atlantic ocean lovely hotel underground parking the river hotel is located booked this hotel
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

Pros:
Nice room with great linen and powerful shower. Very good housekeeping and waiting team.
Foz beach area is a short bus hop or coast walk away.
Thankfully there is a good bus service to coast and town.
Quite nice breakfast with good choice although quite crowded dining room the tables are set very close together.
The bar is nice and they make a great margarita.
Cons
Neither town nor beach it is in a mixed residential area of nice and not so nice housing. In fact some of it is quite destitute looking.
There are very few local restaurants that would match the 5* hotel rating. We found one cafe/restaurant in walking distance the others accessable by bus or taxi.
The roof pool is small and not the sort of place we would spend time.
The hotel rooms, corridors and public areas are dark. Are they trying to be energy saving?

* Be careful crossing the roads outside the hotel - it's a busy junction with fast moving traffic. We nicknamed it kamikaze crossing after seeing two accidents in 5 days.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 August 2017 via mobile

I was there with my mother, aunt and cousin. We had two bedrooms and stayed there for five days. The rooms are very clean, hotel staff was very polite and the breakfast buffet had lots of fresh choices. The pool on the roof has a wonderful view over the city and it only takes five minutes with the taxi to get to the center of Porto. I'd highly recommend this hotel again.
Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 August 2017

Good hotel but a bus or taxi ride from the city centre or any amenities. The hotel was lovely with excellently service and helpful staff. The rooftop pool and bar has a view of the sea but can be windy. Towels for the pool are provided. Rooms were clean and comfortable with good air conditioning. View not wonderful but not dreadful. Breakfast buffet very good with a wide variety of choices ( even champagne which I had to try as never had champagne for breakfast)

Room Tip: Higher up rooms are cooler
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 August 2017 via mobile

A little far from downtown but definitly a good place to stay. Nice room with space, bedding was great and service was very kind.
Breakfast is pretty good and offers a large selection of food. We also tried the evening buffet and that was the only disappointment we had during our stay, it's better to eat outside. If you come by car, there's a parking under the hotel but you can park outside for free very easily.
Considering the price of rooms and quality, that's one of the best choice you have if you're okay to be outside of the heart of town.
I'll definitly come back...

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 August 2017 via mobile

Staff are wonderful, all helpful and polite, cannot be faulted.

We asked for a superior room with double bed, we were told superior rooms are twin bedded and so we had been provided a double room... I'm not sure if it was an executive double, this was never communicated to us.

Rooms are spacious and clean with lovely bathrooms, the pool is a great addition, spacious and with a nice bar area, lovely for cooling off and catching the sun, however kids running around yelling and splashing out of a lot of guests including us.

Location is ok, 10 minutes by cab into the city, 15-20 minutes by cab to the local beach.

Whilst there are positives the hotel falls down on a number of areas.

I was told if I wanted an iron I would have to go to a different floor and iron my shirt... hardly convenient.

No coffee or milk in the rooms, if you're a 5 star hotel at least provide something other than tea!

Asked for breakfast to be delivered to the room, ideal we thought, breakfast in bed before our flight, however we were told that even though breakfast was included in our package that it's chargeable per item, for example €2 for an egg... so we have to pay twice if we don't want to go down to the restaurant? Again, this is not 5* service.

Food overall is poor, the restaurant offered a buffet or A La Carte. Buffet provided veal or Hake with vegetables and a few desserts, that's it... no pasta options, no other meat options. We went for A La Carte and were offered a tiny portion of flavourless bolognese. Ended up going for room service but the hotdog came without the chips we ordered and the chocolate cake tasted off.

Overall I think this is a poor 4*, and for the money we paid it's not acceptable. Won't be returning.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple