“5 star service all the way...”

Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa
Ranked #10 of 111 Hotels in Porto
Reviewed 2 April 2008

5 star all the way. This hotel was the best experience during our week long holiday in the North of Spain and ending up in Portugal. Rooms were very modern, clean and spacious. Breakfast buffet was included and very nice. Lots of choices, caviar, champagne, hot omelet bar. Rates were very cheap compare to Spain hotels.
We went to Ferreira Port wine Bodegas and enjoy it very much. Also took a ride on one of the boats and enjoyed the views. Took the bus tour and also enjoyed it. The best experience we had was at dinner. We went without knowing to PRESUNTARIA ANTIGA, is on the same street as all the Bodegas. For excellent Portuguese cooking is the best place. I had the Bacalao(Cod fish) and my husband had the Pulpo(Octopus). It was Fantastic!!!! Then the boys had filet with french fries. Dessert was buffet style. Best way to try different Portuguese desserts. Our 4 year old fell asleep at the end of dinner and while my husband went to get the car, the restaurant's owner carried my son to the car....NOW THAT IS SERVICE... Ask for Alberto Lopes.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank cudafamily
Write a ReviewReviews (2,134)

Reviewed 17 February 2008

Just returned from a business weekend in Oporto.

The hotel is good in many ways. The location is great, the staff were all polite and attentive, the room very clean, the bed fabulous, nice bath amenities.

Room Service Food was good.

This would have to be one of the Starwood better Hotels!

• Stayed: February 2008
Reviewed 4 January 2008

I spend my christmas eve in Sheraton, I did book "normal" room for 110 euros but at check in I discovered that price did not include breakfast (17.5€). I asked receptionist to upgrade me to club level and i got special price 160 € as chrissy present.
I wound that club level room the best I have ever been before.
I was staying in Portugal for almost 4 months and I used a lot of different hotels.
Room had a complimentary tray, mineral water and port wine.
I didnt use room service but list seemed a good one.
Breakfast was being served 12th floor club lounge. Selection was equal to those you normally get in 4 star hotels, staff said that downstairs big restaurant has more selection but I liked that calm atmosphere in up. Club lounge also served complimentary drinks and snacks which were good quality.
My girlfriend and I went to have lunch in restaurant downstair and staff forgot us completely. They were busy serving co-owner of FC Porto. After I raised my voice to be served and gave my room number we got better service. This I have never experienced before. Food was not so good, maybe because poor service in the beginning got me angry.
Sheraton Porto is hotel I can recommend for everybody!
Next door there is Le Meridien but this one beats it 100-0.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 December 2007

I'm not a fan of Portugal -- not at all. But if you find you HAVE to go to Porto (and I don't know why you would), this hotel will serve you well.

The hotel is large and modern. The furnishings are a nauseating red and brown -- made me feel like I'd travelled back in time to the '70s... ick! Still, the furniture was solid and new. The bathroom was AMAZING... a large glass pane separated it from the sleeping area. There is a shower and a tub, plus a sound system which allows you to listen to music/tv/cds/dvd while you bathe, brush your teeth, what have you.

For 10 Euros a day, you can purchase access to the hotel spa, which -- all things considered -- is one of the better ones I've been to lately. The steam room is excellent, with a heavenly cold shower that defies description. The pool is ok -- it's heated... and as is the case with most heated, indoor pools... it can get pretty stuffy in there. There is also a "relaxation/yoga" area... where you can relax and do yoga, I guess.

The spa offers a number of treatments. I didn't have any, but it seemed to me they stocked good products and knew what they were doing.

There is the usual hotel restaurant and bar on site -- can't vouch for either. Be aware that parking in the hotel garage is NOT free, though it has been advertised as such on some Web sites.

The hotel is far from the city center -- you'll either need to drive or take a cab. The city itself is underwhelming, and I would not go there again.

In the end, the hotel is... a Sheraton -- exactly what the brand implies.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mqp2874
Reviewed 6 December 2007

we stayed at this wonderfull hotel. the building is magnificent but the service is horrible.the staff do not understand us and they are not helpfull. the location is very good.for the price of the rooms one would expect at least more cleaning. the bar is ok, but we didn't feel that we were welcome, as all the portuguese use to make us feel. we are going back to oporto wich is lovely but we are going to stay in a better hotel.
joe and antonella UK

Stayed: September 2007
5  Thank louta
Reviewed 5 November 2007

I stayed here for a weekend in November 2007 - the hotel is not located in centre of the City but in an area called Boavista. Its about 15 minutes walk from the nearest Metro ( the best way to get around Porto) Stop - Casa de musica. Cabs are inexpensive in Porto so dont let this put you off.

The Hotel is definitely a 5 star establishment - opened about 4 years ago. it is very comtemporary all glass and stainless steel.The public areas are very elegantly decorated and cleanliness is to the highest standard.

I loved my room and bathroom - chocolate browns with comfy bed and quality Linens.

I availed of Room service a number of times during my stay and the quality and price was generally excellent.

If I was to gripe about anything I though that the Internet access at €20.00 for 24 hours was expensive and that the extra price for the entry to the Spa at 10.00 euro was unnecessary .In addition they charge extra for treatments that are taken at the weekends.

The mainly young staff at the hotel are exceptionally well trained, hospitable ,and very obliging .

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel , I found it to be very relaxing well managed and hospitable I cannot recommmend it highly enough if you want to pamper your self .

I would also like to go back sometime.

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled solo
2  Thank 747/400
Reviewed 21 October 2007

A very fashion & trendy Hotel. Big rooms, nice washroom. Great breakfast. Good service. All the famous go there. The location is manly for business, as it is little bit far from all atraction, except Fundação de Serralves. Nevertheless it's worth it.

• Stayed: November 2005, travelled with family