If you are comparing this to other Sheraton's, I would say this is an average one. It has a spacious room, it was clean, and the gym is OK. The room was modern, and over all it was a nice stay, nothing spectacular. One thing that did upset me was the maid, around 5 PM, just barged into my room without knocking. Thankfully I was just on my computer, and not coming out of the shower or something. Even more concerning is when I brought this up with the front desk, he really didn't feel it was a big deal, and said they were turning down the beds at that time. I asked if it was customary to knock before entering the room, and he really didn't say much to that, and kind of just shrugged.
As for the location, it does take a little effort to get into town. It's a 10 minute walk to the nearest train station, or a €20 cab ride. There isn't much around the hotel, so you need to venture out to town if you don't want to eat in the hotel.
Lastly, you do have to pay for the internet, which I find ridiculous in this day and age. That being said, it was only €7.50 a day for the two days I stayed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into a world where fine art, design and comfort blend beautifully at the Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa. Our hotel is a modern wonder of marble, wood, steel, and glass, situated in the heart of Porto. Enjoy the convenience of being only a short walk away from fabulous shopping, art museums and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Porto Hotel Porto
- Sheraton Porto Hotel And Spa
- Porto Sheraton