The hotel is very modern and clean albeit a little bit sterile. There are several glass elevators in reception or alternatively there is an enclosed one a bit further down the corridor. You will need to use your key card to operate the elevators. We found that our key card didn't work on several occasions for the lift and also for the door to our room. My husband had to keep taking it back to reception until one of the receptionists finally told us to not keep it with our phone as it will cancel it. Rooms are modern with electric blinds that operate along the glass window between the bedroom and the bathroom. There is a bathtub, separate toilet and walk in shower and also quite a powerful hairdryer.
We had breakfast and dinner at the hotel on each day and all was to a high standard. We particularly noticed the good standard of service delivered by the staff in the restaurant. There was a Happy Hour in the hotel bar at 7pm each evening where you could buy 2 glasses of wine for 5 euro. Also if you buy a bottle of wine at dinner and don't finish the whole bottle they will cork it for you and save it until the following evening. There is free wi-fi in the reception/lounge around too so you don't need to stay in your room and pay for it. If you need access to a PC and the internet there are 2 in a room to the left of reception and they're also free to use.
Although the hotel is not in the centre we walked to the promenade (turn left out of the hotel) and we also walked to the botanical gardens. We also visited the Kadoorie Synagogue - Mekor Haim which is within walking distance of the hotel and signposted. This was a fascinating tour and a must do. It's not necessary to be of the Jewish faith to do the tour. There is a plaque on the front gates stating the tour times. Our tour was at 10.30am, just turn up and ring the bell and someone will come out and greet you. Cost is 5 euro per person.
All in all we had an enjoyable stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Step into a world where fine art, design and comfort blend beautifully at the Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa. Our hotel is a modern wonder of marble, wood, steel, and glass, situated in the heart of Porto. Enjoy the convenience of being only a short walk away from fabulous shopping, art museums and nightlife. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Sheraton Porto Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Porto Hotel And Spa
- Sheraton Porto Hotel Porto
- Porto Sheraton