“very good seafood”

Restaurante Casa Ines
Reserve with
Restaurante Casa Ines is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #459 of 1,821 Restaurants in Porto
Price range: US$25 - US$32
Cuisines: Portuguese
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2014

we read good reviews on TA and its in a book of restaurants recommended by chefs. we really enjoyed our meal. we had the hake and octupus which were both very tasty. we also had cod fritters. overall meal was amazing. we would definitely go back. also it was mon night right at opening and i did take out since we have 2 little kids that go to bed at opening time. the staff was very friendly, they took me back to kitchen area if i had question about specific food to show me. they were great.

1  Thank Warren J

Reviewed 30 January 2014

Went here due to TA rating and was not disappointed. Luckily we got a cab as I dont think we would have found it. very Portugese and very nice. The owner seemed aloof when we entered but was a best friend within 10 minutes! i ordered the stuffed squid with rice and am still dreaming of it. I did ask for salt (not a thing to do apparently in Portugal!) and the owner asked me why I wanted it. I treid my food and he was right - no salt needed as it was perfectly seasoned! My husband had the pork and the portion size was massive - even though he asked for a half size!! The wine was delicious and the owner gave me a recommended desert which was also delicious (vermicilli and french toast in syrup). All in all, a MUST to go to if you visit Porto. Missing it already!

1  Thank crocettesontour
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We were staying at the Pousada de Porto, and this is one of the few restaurants nearby without having to go into downtown Porto. We took a cab there and back as it was raining out, but you could walk there in about 25 minutes (but it's all uphill on the way there!). The taxi cost about 7 euro each way but it is definitely worth it for the excellent food and friendly service.

We took the waiter's suggestion to try salt cod balls to share for starter, and these were delicious. For the mains we shared a half portion of octopus which was a revelation - the most tender and delicious I have ever tasted. We then shared a half portion of veal which was also delicious but we were so full already that we couldn't finish it, and skipped dessert.

The waiter was super friendly and attentive, which was easy as we were unfortunately the only people in the restaurant... we didn't mind being by ourselves, but it was a bit disappointing to see such a good restaurant not being used. But on the other hand, it is the first week in January, so hopefully things will pick up in the summer season. The waiter kept apologising about his 'poor' English but it was fine and we really appreciated the effort he made to make us feel welcome.

Overall, I would really recommend Casa Ines if you are staying at the Pousada de Porto. The restaurant is not fancy but it was very good value and a great experience all round!

1  Thank Gavin F
Reviewed 15 September 2013 via mobile

If you are in the Pousada in Porto, you don't have much choices to eat out without driving into the city. The area had better times, most people left, most houses in the side streets are empty. We didn't expect to have the best food there in all Portugal. The olives were nowhere better than there, the octupus was tender and fresh that I didn't even recognized it as fish; the veal almost fell apart as it was perfectly slowly cooked, the dessert made it perfect (vermicelli pudding). Yes, also we were almost alone. It's a pity. He'd deserve a full house. BTW the metro stops just around the corner (Campagna).

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We found the restaurant from trip advisor. It is located close to the train station outside of the touristic areas of Porto. It is worthwile going there as it serves excellent Portoguese food especially fish dishes. We went a Tuesday night and we were the only people in the restaurant. The service was excellent, the portions are quite big so you can take the 1/2 portions and share if you like. We paid 64 euro for 2 persons but we ate a lot and we also ordered a bottle of wine.
The restaurant atmosphere is not special or unique and the area that is located is not so nice but we highly recommended.

1  Thank Vangelis_Athens