“Incredible night views”
Review of TukTour Porto

TukTour Porto
Ranked #6 of 180 Tours in Porto
More attraction details
Owner description: Come visit Oporto City,Vila Nova de Gaia and Matosinhos with TukTour Porto, with the electrical Tuks, zero-emission, discover our scenic trails, driving in eco friendly vehicle with tour guide.Apply for an eco tour in one of our TukTour Porto and help to safe the planet.Leaving from Caves de Gaia (Teleferico) to 10H00 at 18h00.
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Our first time in tuk tuk.
We made the night tour 15€ per pax.
The city is amazing at night (more than during the day in my opinion) and we enjoy greats panoramic views fron different places.
Gonzalo, the tour guide, is very nice and he shows places where you probably wont accesss by your own.
Good tour with friends, families or couples.

2  Thank Elena_SRL

Reviewed 7 November 2013

What a great way to visit Porto !
We took the tour of the historical city with our 4-year old daugther and we did not see the time passing by : our guide, Juan, knew many things about Porto, the tuk-tuk is so comfortable and adapted to climb through the narrow streets and the electric engine is so quiet that inhabitants were happy to say hye or walk along to exchange a few words.
A "must" for any tourist in Porto :)

2  Thank Alexandra C
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Unfortunately only tour available on the Saturday was at 1700. This trip ended as a glorified taxi ride to Grahams, then onto Yeatmans hotel. Couldn't do the monastery as it was too dark, so we went to the Hotel for a view. Apart from the novelty factor of the 'Tuk Tuk', this in my opinion was poor value for 40 Euros. The Tuk Tuk was late picking us up and unfortunately my older family got wet and cold waiting. The 'Tuk Tuk' tour was way shorter than expected.

4  Thank QualityFoodie
Reviewed 30 September 2013

So, my alternative plan in Porto fell through and I was in a right strop when I got back to my lovely Guest House (Casa dos Loios.. read the review). They proposed a TukTour, called and within 5 minutes a little blue open plan Tuk (minibus/....thing) was sitting outside the door and I was whisked away for 2 hours.

I paid €15 (1 hour) for a Porto Tour taking in Gaia where the Wine Cellars are and then another €15 for a second hour taking in the river and ending up in a nature reserve (with a blanket provided by the driver). Gonçalo, the film student, surfer dude driver was typically Portuguese. Cute. Shy. Incredibly polite. Informative. Just great! We stopped about 5 times on the way so I could take pictures of the important things.

I learned what J.K Rowling had "borrowed" from Porto and included in her Harry Potter franchise, I was intrigued to learn why the wine cellars are on the "other" side of the river and yet the wine is still called Port wine and finally (and a bit reluctantly at first), I got to go to a public communal laundry and prompted by Gonçalo, I was able to get pictures of the women washing their clothes and gossiping.

Gonçalo really saved the day, as did Ines in La Casa dos Loios, whose recommendation made it all possible. I really recommend this - maybe even on Day 1 in Porto, so you can get a good feel for the city. By day 2, you realise it is all walkable.

4  Thank alejestem
Reviewed 30 July 2013

In our view, the best way to discover Porto. Tuk Tuks are clean, quiet and can get you to places that cars can't access. We took a tour (in French) of the left river bank for a day and had the most wonderful time. The tuk tuk picked us (two adults and 1 kid) up from our hotel and took us over the bridge to the left bank with all the port houses and the harbour on to the sea. There we had a walk along the seaside and were picked up an hour later. We were taken to a fishing village where we enjoyed a tasty and very plentiful lunch. We were then picked up again in order to take us to Graham's port house for a tour and free tasting. Before we were taken back to the hotel, we had a little detour via the old town and the most popular beauty spot with stunning views over Porto. All the drivers were very friendly and knowledgeable and gave us a lot of background infos throughout. The bill at the end of the day? 30 Euros! Wonderful.

4  Thank Upupandaway-1