“An ok tour around Porto”

Porto Walkers - Free Walking Tours & Experiences
Authentic Portuguese Experience: Porto Tapas and Vinho Verde Tour
Ranked #1 of 180 Tours in Porto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: FREE WALKING TOURS, Wine tours, Pub Crawl - THE BEST WAY TO KNOW THE CITY. Sights, legends and secrets of Porto. With charismatic and knowledgeable local guides! Walking tour - EVERYDAY 10.45 AM and 15h30 on Praca da Liberdade by the Statue of Pedro IV. Look for the red T-shirt!
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I've took this free tour in the 13th may 2014. I'm a local, I live in Porto and I wanted to see the other side of my city so I went on this free tour. I just don't give 5 stars because I was a little bit dissapointted at the end. The tour started with a full energy of the give so the hopes were high, and we was always talking about some clues about the heart of Peter V, and at the end or he forgot to finish the story or... I don't know. He was also always saying to a girl who worked in marketing that he would explain her how we sell biscuits here in Porto ??, at the end he did not finish the story. I was also hopping for a little bit more explanation about the history of Porto itself. Maybe this tour is expected to be more entertaining than to give explanations. The guide was funny and we was a good entertainer, but I was hoping for a little bit more...

Write a ReviewReviews (2,394)

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I just returned from a 10-day, 5 city Europe trip and let me just say that Porto was BY FAR my favorite city and part of the trip. The main reason for this is because of the amazing time we had on the Pub Crawl and Walking Tour led by Ana at Wild Walkers! She is an amazing tour guide... very energetic, informative, funny, and easy to talk to. She did an amazing job on our tours and made our Porto experience that much better!!! We stayed at Yes! Porto Hostel which is an amazing 5-star hostel and we met the Wild Walkers bunch for a Pub Crawl which was such a great experience. I have done pub crawls before in Europe and normally I'm disappointed but this experience in Porto was the total opposite! They took us to great pubs and super fun clubs that played great music, had lots of locals, and were all popular spots filled with positive Porto vibes! Let me just say that they didn't skimp on the booze either... I was definitely hurting the next morning! And our guides Ana (and I can't remember the other guys name...) did an excellent job making sure we were all safe and together which I very much appreciated.

The Walking Tours are excellent. I did a Walking Tour in Lisbon also which was equally wonderful and we were very lucky to have Ana as our guide for the tour in Porto as well. She is an excellent guide... we learned a lot about the history and culture of this amazing city and I cannot wait to come back!! Thank you Ana and Wild Walkers for an amazing experience!!! 5+ stars!!!!!!!!!

Reviewed 8 May 2014

Wild Walkers Porto is one of the many reasons that Porto is such a great city to visit. I have been on walking tours and pub crawls all around the world, however none of them can compete with the activities run by this organisation. The tours are informative, educational and interesting, and the pub crawls are an absolute blast! Living only a short drive away from Porto I have been fortunate enough to have many great nights with the fun and energetic crew. Do yourself a favour and take a walk on the wild side!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We met our great tour gide Ana in the city. She was very open and invited us to go with her on the tour. We did and it was so nice. She was very open, enthusiastic and plays very well into the group. She asked for example what kind of tour we liked, more history, or she could also tell about the new things in Porto. The best thing of all, you could pay what you think it's worth it. If you don't like it, you give nothing and if you really love it you give more. We saw things which you otherwise never would have known. And because she tells you it this enthusiastic, you will remind it better as like in a boring book or something. I really recommend it!!

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We had an afternoon walk with Pedro. It was a nice walking tour with some good information and we enjoyed being hosted by Pedro, but sometimes we had to wait for a longer time and we also were a little bothered by the fact he spoke to the Portugese people on the tour in Portugese. It wasn't a big issue bit we felt a little uncomfortable. For the rest we enjoyed it, thanks for hosting us!