“Couldn't find meeting place”

Porto Free Walking Tour
Ranked #4 of 168 Tours in Porto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We provide Free Tours in Porto City just for a tip.Come with us and become to know the city the better way possible, walking!
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I would love to give this walking tour an excellent review but after having emailed and confirmed the tour and the meeting place - I gave plenty of time to get there and the place didn’t exist. I asked 3 locals where the are was (printed out the name of the square) none had heard of it and therefore we missed this tour. I feel gutted but feel the meeting place should be a little more obvious as I got up extremely early in order to get there in time.

porto free walk... t, Proprietário at Porto Free Walking Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Hello
I am so sorry for what happened, but are you sure that this review is for Porto Free Walking Tour?
It can’t be because:
1st- We do not have any booking with this name.

2nd- We have a link to Google Maps on our website, about the meeting point.

3rd- When we confirm the booking by email, we always, always attach this same link.

4th- On our website there is a photo of the square.

5th- The square surely exists because at least 176 people (our reviews for the moment, not everybody writes them), made the tour.

6th- If you Google it there are dozens of entries about this square.

7th- You could have emailed me, asking for directions, there are several cafés in the area with wi-fi, the square also provides free wi-fi.

8th- As information given by email, I wait by the fountain, we do not have closer any other square with a fountain.

9th- The square could not be more central- 20meters from the Bookstore Lello, the 3rd most beautiful in the world, 150meters from the iconic Clérigos Tower, 30meters from a church with an huge façade covered by tiles, well known in the city (we have this photo on our website), one of the sides of the square is closed by the building of the Rectory of the University of Porto, as shown in the link to Google Maps and the Hospital is also closer by.

10th- The locals did not know the square because they were not “real locals”.

Because all of this you cannot be talking about our tour.
Please consider to remove this review, we do not deserve it, this must be a misunderstanding.
Porto Free Walking Tour

There are newer reviews for Porto Free Walking Tour

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We just finished our tour with Eugenia, a wonderful ambassador for Porto, and full of knowledge and historical information. The tour was relaxed and allowed the group to move at whatever pace we set. We walked a lot (wear comfortable shoes, obviously), but the frequent stops made it very easy. We had a group of 6 which was intimate enough to ask questions and be able to hear our guide. We loved that we were given time to explore the bookstore and some of the churches. My family is from Porto, but I still learned so much today. Eugenia ended the tour with recommendations and tips for restaurants and other tours and places to visit. We were extremely happy with her and the tour and recommend that anyone who wants to experience the city on a different level also take the tour. Reviews are bang on and was worth it 100%!!

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

Just the right mix of history and interesting details to be introduced to Porto. Eugenia shares her love and enthusiasm with pride and leaves one with warmth and fills your map with plenty spots to visit making one feel a few more days would have made a visit even better. Thanks SO much Eugenia - May you continue doing this great service for Porto. 'INVICTUS" ❤️

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We're really glad we chose Eugenia's free walking tour. She walked us through the city in a gentle pace and explain stories/history behind different architecture-I still remember the blue tiles in the St Bento station and her explanations. Recommended!

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Very nice tour.................. Beautiful sites and a very interesting local hiatory. ...........I highly recommend it!!