“Very Good”

City Tailors
Ranked #26 of 169 Tours in Porto
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Porto is our passion and we love to share it with people that visit us. We believe that our clients are friends that should have all the perks of friendship. For the City Tailors, the sky is the limit. There's no impossible in our dictionary when we create Tailor Made experiences for our friends. After meeting us and our City we'll have to find a house for you.
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The best way to discover Oporto, in the center of events, along with all but part of the great confusion. Thanks Ricardo!

2  Thank Antonio_Porto

Reviewed 30 March 2014

I travelled to Porto for a Colleague's wedding in late March 2014, Ricardo was at the Airport to pick me, he introduced himself as the guide that was pre-arranged by my colleague to assist with my 2 day stay in Porto.
On our way to my hotel, we branched at a local restaurant where I had my first lunch - grilled mackerel, with potatoes and sautéed vegetable - it was awesome!!! Ricardo dropped me at my hotel and was back to pick me for a walking tour of the city of Porto.
We visited the top of the old city wall, with a wonderful panoramic view where Ricardo took me through the history of the city with in-depth knowledge. We visited one of the Old Cathedrals and Santa Clara Church which has one the most beautiful altars I have ever seen.
We visited a few local pubs, where the people never get tired of discussing football and their undying love for their club FC Porto. We had dinner at Golfinho - a local restaurant where i had my first "Francesinha" with super bock beer. It was an excellent experience.
The next day, Ricardo drove me to the wedding venue at a beautiful wine farm where I witnessed firsthand Portuguese wedding event - the event went on from 11am to 2am the day after, all the people I met were warm and very friendly, we had so much to eat and drink - there was not a dull moment.
Ricardo was punctual at all our meetings, always 10-15 minutes before our agreed time, he had excellent knowledge of the city and its history, he was courteous and put me first all the time. Ricardo became my friend and no longer a tour guide; we exchanged a few ideas about business and life thus establishing a lifelong friendship.
I had an excellent time in Porto and definitely will be visiting again.
Thanks to the City Tailors for this wonderful experience.

4  Thank Gbenga20142014
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We at Anexo 82 - a film production company - have worked more than once with the City Taylors as location consultants and scouts. They have a great knowlodge of Oporto and of the other side of the city - filled with secrets and funny stories. And they are a pleasure to meet and work with.
I recommend Ricardo and Roger, hands down they are the best in what they do.
José Pedro Lopes
Anexo 82 (Film & Television)

1  Thank ZecoPeco
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Earlier this spring I visited Porto, what a beautiful city. I went back in late autumn, this time I even appreciated Porto more than before, thanks to City Tailors!! Before we started our city tour, Roger explained to me how our visit would be just to get an idea. Then He just kept surprising me about the church, up and down old historical city center stairs, where to eat and drink, amazing view...etc. I love history, with Roger I got 100% satisfaction as He is so well prepared. Everywhere we went and passed by He could always tell you something, about the history or story behind. He even kept asking "any questions?" What a profession!! Cy x

1  Thank tsaichingyi
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Making a tour with the City Tailors was an opportunity to find out some of the old city secrets, not only they take you there but they explained you the details and the history behind the wall and old buildings, i was particularly impressed the with influence of the Jewish community in old Porto. Roger an Ricardo are very well documented, they are both archaeologists, and that makes a huge difference.

1  Thank Davide F