I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Eurostar Des Artes hotel. It was lovely and clean, with nice decor and comfortable rooms. The funiture was modern and the rooms well equipped - the showers were very good, with plenty of hot water and good pressure. The aircon was very good - my only slight bug-bear was that the aircon couldn't be left on whilst you were out, so the room could get quite warm if you'd been out all day, but 10 minutes with aircon on full blast soon solved that.
The reception staff were very helpful and made some great restaurant recommendations - I particularly liked the Assador Tipico which does massive, great tasting steaks. True the hotel bar seemed to be unmanned early evening, but that was soon remedied by a quick word with reception. The bar and terrace was a nice relaxing place to be, although usually a bit on the quiet side - definitely more one for a drink before or after a night out, rather than somewhere to spend the evening.
Hotel gives free wi-fi if you ask the reception staff for the password and I found this always accessible both in the lobby and in my room.
The hotel was in a great location, not too far from the metro and easily accessible by bus. Hotel staff provided clear directions to all the key sights in Porto and free map that was easy to navigate by. True it was a bit of a climb back up the hill at the end of the night, but after a few ports that didn't seem too much hassle.
Food at the hotel was ok - not sure it was worth €12 when there are so many great little cafes around porto - I particularly liked Confeitaria de Bolhao near the old market in the commercial centre (about 15 to 20 minute walk from the hotel) although several of those near to the hotel were also pretty good.
Overall a very pleasant stay in a lovely hotel in a great city.
Travelled with a group of friends and stayed at the Eurostar Des Artes for 4 nights on a city-break.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For people who love art. For people who appreciate port wine and know how to enjoy it with the necessary calm. For these people we have opened the Eurostars Das Artes. The Eurostars Das Artes has a total of 89 modern, spacious rooms, equipped with high-speed Wi-Fi connections, writing desk, air conditioning, mini-bar and satellite TV. The hotel also has 4 single rooms and 3 junior suites with king-size beds and generous extra space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Eurostars, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eurostars Das Artes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Das Artes Porto
- Eurostars Das Artes Hotel Porto