When we entered the lobby, we had some mixed feeling about the hotel. It does not strike you as a four star hotel at first. However the room was very comfortable and we had an excellent view on the roof tops of Porto (see photo). The staff was very welcoming and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble and they were eager to share tips about Porto. We had a very relaxing five nights there.
The location of the hotel is very good. It's located in a quiet street about ten-minute walk from the old centre. There's plenty of small shops in the street and a super nice cafe right at the corner (walking down the street, turn left as you exit) where we had breakfast on a couple of mornings (for just 8 EUR for two!). We enjoyed being a bit away from the fuss of the old centre, besides the tram and bus stop are just down the street, a mere 5 min walk tops.
Our room was of decent size and there was no problem with it. Nice selection of TV channels and the local channels broadcast films in original language with subs, so we could watch films. The room has a decent bathroom with all sorts of toiletries. It also has a safe and plenty of storage space.
The terrace is lovely (see photo). We enjoyed many a evening there sipping (huge) drinks for as little as 3 EUR for a very nice (again, huge) glass of Portuguese wine. That's where we met most of the people staying at the same hotel, the terrace was a nice place to chat in the evenings and watch the sky. True, the views from the terrace are not stunning, but then again, it was local and we enjoyed it.
The bar tender gave us a very good tip for a local restaurant just 3 minute walk from the hotel (turn right as you exit and you cannot miss the big pink sign outdoors). The food was absolutely delicious served in a very nice warm atmosphere and the portions were huge! Again, prices were more than reasonable, for 15 EUR we had a very big dinner for two with drinks!
We also had breakfast at the hotel in a nice dining room facing the garden. We quite enjoyed it (very nice and big selection of cold and warm dishes), but since we stayed there fore 6 days, we also went for breakfast outside (which was also much cheaper, but more limited in choice).
All in all, a very nice stay at the hotel. Albeit not the prettiest one we stayed at, it left a nice cozy and somehow nostalgic feeling. We would consider coming back. Staff and location were excellent and very good value for money (check the hotel website for offers, we booked directly).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For people who love art. For people who appreciate port wine and know how to enjoy it with the necessary calm. For these people we have opened the Eurostars Das Artes. The Eurostars Das Artes has a total of 89 modern, spacious rooms, equipped with high-speed Wi-Fi connections, writing desk, air conditioning, mini-bar and satellite TV. The hotel also has 4 single rooms and 3 junior suites with king-size beds and generous extra space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Agoda, Prestigia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eurostars Das Artes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Das Artes Porto
- Eurostars Das Artes Hotel Porto