We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights and were not disappointed in any way. The hotel certainly lived up to the positive reviews posted by others on TripAdvisor. The staff were exceptionally helpful & polite, the rooms were spotlessly clean and well furnished. The common areas of the hotel were well designed and functional.
The buffet breakfast had many options & the attentive staff ensured that even most popular items were replenished regularly. The only niggle was that 1 morning, we went down for breakfast at the same time as a coach party of elderly spanish tourists. That morning there was a wait for tables and long queues to get your chosen breakfast items. The other 3 mornings though there was no waiting about and we were seated and fed straight away. For people with an early check out (prior to 7am) the hotel will arrange a breakfast box to be delivered to your room prior to departure which is a nice touch.
Other people have commented here about the hotel being 'out of the way' 'off the beaten track' etc. I think those comments are slightly unfair as the city is well spread out and has no real centre to speak of. As the city is built up the hillsides up from the river, at some point in your stay in Porto you will have to walk up & down hills - thats just a fact of life rather than the function of a badly placed hotel !
As for the comments about the hotel being in a 'dodgy' or 'rough' area, Porto is an old city and many of the properties appear ramshackle in appearance. As with all large cities there are problems with poverty and drugs, but I would say that these elements were more prevelant in the shopping areas, train stations or along the river (where many of the tourists head) rather than the area around the hotel. Again these things can not be fairly apportioned to the hotel or its location.
For getting to/from the Airport, don't spend unnecessary money on taxi's, take the Metro into the City Centre and then (depending on your hotel location) take a cab the rest of the way. The Metro leaves every 20 minutes and the journey takes about 20-30 minutes. The cost is 2 euros each way per person and the operating company have english speaking staff on hand to help you with the ticket machine & best choice of ticket for your journey.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- For people who love art. For people who appreciate port wine and know how to enjoy it with the necessary calm. For these people we have opened the Eurostars Das Artes. The Eurostars Das Artes has a total of 89 modern, spacious rooms, equipped with high-speed Wi-Fi connections, writing desk, air conditioning, mini-bar and satellite TV. The hotel also has 4 single rooms and 3 junior suites with king-size beds and generous extra space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, TripOnline SA, Eurostars, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Eurostars Das Artes Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Eurostars Das Artes Porto
- Eurostars Das Artes Hotel Porto