“charming and cosy”

Ranked #74 of 106 Hotels in Porto
Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
“charming and cosy”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

I stayed here for a week, and chose the location both for its proximity to the sea, and to my workplace. I loved the character of the room: comfortable, with solid vintage furniture. Breakfast included fresh juice, home made fig marmalade, bread and pastries, and a wonderful ocean view. Above all, the staff were wonderful. Genuinely friendly, yet never intrusive, they made me feel at home with their thoughtfulness and attention.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank livlaura

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We stayed there for the Optimus Primevera Festival. I don't know where to begin but the generosity and benevolence of the owners and worker's was remarkable. They allowed us to have breakfast late after the curfew and helped us with all of our need's. The hotel is a beautifully quaint residence that feel's very unchanged. It's situated right at the mouth of Porto's river. Exceptional, we really lucked out.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
5 Thank joshtaylor11
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I have been through many years a regular client to Porto Foz on my business trips and can only say the best.

The location could not be better in Porto. Just in front of the seaside, where you can find many excelent restaurants and cafes or take a releaxing walk.

The service is personal and very very friendly. After a long day of work I like to hang out a bit at the little bar with sea view and have a talk with Jorge, the service manager. I find that very relaxing when traveling on business and very refreshing compared to other no-face-hotels.

Porto Foz is a classic and without doubt my choice when staying in Porto.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank Alex C
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed 23 April 2007

I sometimes travel for work to Porto, and I and my family have found the hotel referenced here most congenial. The rooms are immaculate, quiet, and well appointed. The setting is full of charm, and very convenient to lovely places to stroll, to public transport, taxi stops, and the ocean and good restaurants. The staff are responsive, helpful, and generous. The breakfast, complete with ocean views, is abundant, and good! We will return for our third time in a matter of days and are looking forward to it.

Stayed April 2006