“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurante Camelo

Restaurante Camelo
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Gotham city
“Good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013

The staff was friendly, the food really good and Waow the quantity they put in the plates is absolutely amazing, think we could have been three to eat my all plate.
Recommend it, it worth the price.

• Visited July 2013

• Polish first
Ulverston, United Kingdom
“Top Class Portuguese Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

I love this restaurant, the menu is a bit different - the roast shoulder of lamb is specially good. The interior of the restaurant is good, crisp white table linen and good wine glasses.

Unfortunately this year we arrived at the restaurant for my birthday only to find it was closed. We will try again next year for sure......

• Visited July 2013
Ascot, United Kingdom
“Brilliant local restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

we were recommended this as a local restaurant serving a good selection of local food.
It was truly amazing, we went on my birthday and had possibly the best meal and service we had in Northern Portugal.
The menu was extensive and service was very good.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Jane0303
Braga, Portugal
“Not as good as I expected”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2012

A few years ago I went on a vacation trip to Serra da Estrela and had dinner at the Restaurante Camelo in a local hotel. It was superb. I get water in my mouth just thinking about that.
After that, a friend of mine told me about this Restaurante Camelo near Viana do Castelo as being from the same owner and I always wanted go there. Well, I went there in the end of November and...

The place is nice, the service is very good and familiar - if you like this kind of atmosphere.
But being a lover of this kind of food, I cannot say that it was superb. Just regular.
In terms of food quantity, although it is not cheap, you eat what you pay, probably a bit more!

Summarizing, it is fine if you want to have dinner (and are hungry) in a quiet and not expensive restaurant.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank jjaa1974
Warsaw, Poland
“Best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is a very good local place. Best octopus I´ve ever eaten! Vino mi casa!
I don't eat meat but my friends said that it was delicious too.
And the home made Baba de camelo was just divine ;-)
If you´re lucky you can join portuguese wedding since it is a very popular place for such a party.

Enjoy!