“Ok stay but not for me”

Welcome To My Place
Reviewed 14 December 2011

Stayed here recently with my wife. It was something different from a hotel but to be honest I'd rather just stay in a hotel it's not much cheaper and just can't compete with a hotel on a city break. Erick is a very nice guy and I wish him well but as accommodation goes it's just not what id expected.

• Stayed: December 2011
2  Thank Toadstools

Reviewed 1 December 2011

I spent 3 nights at "Welcome To My Place", in november, 2010.

The building is really well-located, very close to a subway station (2-3 minutes) and with easy access to buses (bus stop in front of the building).

Erick, the host, is very welcoming and helpful.

I had a very good room, with lots of space for my stuff and a very comfortable bed. It was also quiet, although it´s easy to hear when someone opens/ closes the other doors of the house.The bathroom and the WC (common use) were always clean.

Breakfast was gorgeous, with a lot of items to choose and a splendid coffee.

I just regret that Erick was not there during my whole stay, so I couldn´t enjoy more of his company and useful tips about the city.

And, finally, Erick has 2 cats (at least he had in 2010), which I loved, but it may be a problem if you´re allergic to them.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Viking_Janaluna
Reviewed 23 November 2011

I have just stayed at Erick's place for the 4th time in 18 months - so that should be a good enough recommendation. It is very convenient for tourism and for business - 2 minutes walk from the Metro. Erick is very helpful. The rooms are nice and spacious; they are even better now there is a dedicated shower for each room. It is good value for money for this location. Remember that this is a B&B - it is someone's home, so don't confuse it with an informal hotel.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jennifer B
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Returned for another visit, this time with friends and they really enjoyed it too. It is the kind of place that you do go back to in the same way that friends return to meet each other from time to time
With the new bathroom and shower it really is a pleasure to stay in this B and B which is in a great location in a stylish art nouveau apartment block

• Stayed: June 2011
1  Thank MarcelM
Reviewed 29 May 2011

I stayed with Erik for three nights in late April 2011. My overall experience was very good - the room was pleasant, spacious and very clean. The super-duper en-suite shower and the sweet cat Josephine were, for me, the highlights. It's not that there's something wrong with the apartment or with Erik - I second every compliment given by previous reviewers in that respect - it's just that, in my opinion, there wasn't anything this B&B had that others did not have. Erik is indeed a nice guy and the place is indeed lovely, but it didn't sweep me off my feet, as I feel it did some of the other reviewers. It's simply a very nice apartment to stay in for people looking for accommodations in the medium price range and do not mind being just a bit 'off center'.
My bottom line is this: the place deserves every praise lavished upon it in terms of cleanliness and friendliness, but budget-conscious travelers looking to stay in the center would be better off somewhere else, as 63 euros per night is quite a tidy sum. I would, however, recommend it to people doing business in the nearby financial district - at least that's what I'd call the nearby cluster of high-rise office buildings close to Congres station and the Botanical Gardens. Staying with Erik would be ideal for such people.

Room Tip: The baldaquin room has an awesome shower!
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Lior667
Reviewed 19 May 2011

Amazing place, amazing owner! High level and really wonderful position for every tourist that wants to visit the best rated places in Brussels. Me and my friends enjoyed 100% our stay there, and the only thing we can say is a big THANKS for the great hospitality!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 May 2011

the best place to be in brxl!!! hosted by a fantastic guide 4 a brxl by night! near everything you may need, bycicle, tram, metro, park,, citycenter!

the owner is really a great person that will help to find everithing you need! and will make you a good company during breakfast.. more like a friend than a simply owner!

the best way to feel like at home far from home..! do not esitate and book here!

Room Tip: baldaquin room is the best!
Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
NH Collection Brussels Grand Sablon
#3 of 9 in Saint-Gilles
The Captaincy Guesthouse
The Captaincy Guesthouse
#6 of 211 in Brussels

Been to Welcome To My Place? Share your experiences!