“Wouldn't stay here again......” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Siru

Hotel Siru
Zurich, Switzerland
“Wouldn't stay here again......”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012 via mobile

This place was like a youth hostel, rooms were very cold, atmosphere, quality...

I had housekeeping knocking my door at 0600 wanting to clean the room despite me checking out same afternoon, they were so persistent I had to eventually open the door and tell them politely to go away and stop knocking the damn door!!

I paid over €200 for one night, hotel true value would be €30 per night...

They share the building with three other hotels, thus the breakfast lobby is shared too!!

Rooms were really dreadful, basic, under furnished and very, very overpriced.....!!

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
HotelSiru, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor, we really appreciate the effort.

I’ve taken carefully note of your comments concerning the early cleaning of your room, the price and your remarks about the rooms and the building.

Please be assured that comments like yours are taken seriously, I’ve forwarded all the messages to the concerning head of department.

Despite your disappointment, I really hope you will give us the chance to welcome you back at Hotel Siru.

Victor Camhis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
  • Serbian first
Glasgow
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Lets just say that due to an exhibition in Brussels the hotel SIRU took full advatage of the limited hotel availability.

The hotel is situated close the the metro and arond 20 minutes walk to the grand Plaza.

The hotel room was small and dirty, the wind blew through the window so much that the curtain moved most of the time (it was very wet and windy in Brussels last week).

There is no buiness cenre and the free wifi was not working, Breakfast was in the hotel next door with a very limited offering for breakfast.

I was in room 706 and kept awake most of the night from the draft from the room and the noise of the traffic , the traffic noise reduced betweem 3.00am and 06.00am: you would have thought that in this day and age double glazing would be a priority.

The hotel charged €260 per night so for 3 nights € 780 !!!

On checking out O overheard a customer asking for one nights accomadition after the exibition has ended ...amazingly quoted €87 ....if he had been quoted €40 i would have said well thats what you get for €40

This type of excessive charges for poor hotels can only lead to one thing....a lasting memory of being ripped off in Brussels

Room Tip: Find an alternative hotel
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
HotelSiru, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this review, 2 May 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor.

I’m very sorry to hear our services were not at your satisfaction.
I have taken carefully not of your comments about the rooms, the WIFI, the breakfast, … and please be assured I’ve forwarded the message to the managers of the concerning departments.

Despite your disappointment, we hope you will give us the chance to prove you that comments like yours are taken seriously and we’re looking forward welcoming you back of Hotel Siru.

Victor Camhis

Travellers are raving about these Saint-Josse-ten-Noode hotels

Alexandria, Egypt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Good Location close to everything , Friendly Staff ,Clean small room ,free wi-fi

Room Tip: Higher floor is better
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelSiru, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this review, 26 April 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for sharing your experience on Trip Advisor.

We’re delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay in Brussels, and we appreciate your kind comments about Hotel Siru.

Please be assured that we shared your remarks with all the staff of the hotel.

Hoping to have the pleasure of welcoming you back at Hotel Siru, may I take this opportunity to thank you for staying with us.

Yours sincerely,
Alkmaar, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2012

After reading some reviews I booked a tower room in this hotel with a friend.
In general:
* Although the hotel staff didn't speak Dutch/Flemish, they were friendly and helpfull.
* We requested two separate blankets/duvets the room when we booked. Upon arrival the staff immediately told us they hadn't take care of that yet, but they were doing their best. In the evening they fortunately brought us as second blanket
* We had to pay upon check-in, but I already read that in a review, so we were prepared and it didn't bother us.
* Breakfast was in the hotel next to Hotel Siru and costed € 10,- per person. It was fine, but if you a light breakfast eater and only want a croissant and coffee/tea, I would advise to eat outside the hotel, for instance in the Coffee Club next doors (although that place is only open on weekdays).

Pros:
* The hotel is only a 5 min. walk from the train station Brussels-North
* It is very close to the metro station Rogier (only 2 min walk)
* Across the street you'll find a mall City 2, with a Carrefour in the basement, which is open until 20.00, and one of the main shopping streets: Nieuwsstraat
* The tower room was spacious and clean, we could walk around the bed.
* The toilet and bathroom are separate
* The house keeping was okay. Although we didn't throw our towels on the floor, we got fresh/new towels
* We didn't hear other hotel guests. We are not sure if that was because we were in the tower room or because there were no guests on our floor

Cons:
* Despite the double glazing, you could hear the traffic noise very clear. Since I'm not use to that I had a lot of trouble sleeping
* The air in the room and toilet was musty/not really fresh. An air freshner might help...
* The matrass of the bed was very hard
* The elevator is a bit slow and very small

All in all it was a good, not too expensive, very central located, hotel.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank KemangTiaree
HotelSiru, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this review, 13 April 2012
Dear Guest,

First of all, we would like to thank you for your haven chosen Hotel Siru and to share your experience on Trip Advisor.

We are very glad to heur that, in general, you enjoyed your stay in our hotel.

We have taken carefully note of your comments about the elevator, the air and the mattress, and we can assure you that we’ve shared your remarks with the manager of the concerning department.

We hope you will give us the chance to prove you that comments like yours are taken seriously and we’re looking forward to welcome you back at Hotel Siru

Wyncote, Pennsylvania, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2012

I chose Hotel Siru, being new to Brussels, because it was close to Gare du Noord, was very inexpensive and had great reviews online. My needs were modest, and I liked that the WiFi was free.

Upon check-in, the clerk really pushed me to pay for the entire weekend up front. That was because "it gets really crowded at checkout time" (which seemed strange since it's a pretty small hotel). I did so and then went to my room. Small. Very small. But that was the least of the problem. The hotel had a strange, fecal-like, odor as soon as you ascended the elevator. When I went into the room and checked out the bathroom, I noticed that it was really cold even though the heat was on. The window in the shower had a permanent opening (they have a metal plate to cover a gap of a few inches in the window, and it was completely open). The clerk first told me that they were booked, but gave me an "upgrade" at no charge, which I appreciated. Then I changed to that room and for the life of me, other than a closed shower window, there was no difference in quality whatsoever. And the WiFi kept going down and required multiple modem restarts by the front desk.

It was also extremely difficult to sleep. For starters, it's noisy. You can hear everything going on outside. And the bed, which is basically two beds pushed together under a sheet, was pretty hard and uncomfortable. Every morning I woke up with back pain. Finally, the smoke detector had flashing lights that were strategically placed right over the bed so it flashed in your eyes all night long.

At the same time, the staff seemed pretty nice. That, and the price/location, were about the only good things. I can only think of 1-2 hotels that were less pleasant in terms of my stay.

Room Tip: Give it up. There are none. At best, try to get a room that does not have any connection to the stre...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
7 Thank gynmd
HotelSiru, Directeur général at Hotel Siru, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Dear guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor,
We have taken carefully note of your comments concerning your disappointment and we have forwarded the message to the Manager of the concerning department.

Despite your disappointment, we hope you will give us the chance to prove you that comments like yours are taken seriously and looking forward to welcome you back at Le Siru Hotel.

Best Regards,

Victor Camhis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Hotel des Colonies
Queen Anne Hotel
Queen Anne Hotel
#101 of 200 in Brussels
Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace
Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le...
#2 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,769 reviews

Been to Hotel Siru? Share your experiences!