“Funky, fresh and just a tad bit over the top. Enjoyable.”
Review of Hotel BLOOM!

Hotel BLOOM!
Marietta, Ohio, United States
“Funky, fresh and just a tad bit over the top. Enjoyable.”
Reviewed 1 November 2012

My third trip to Brussels I chose this hotel to stay Sunday night through Friday check out. I knew this was an interesting/unique place to stay and had high hopes. My hopes were met in almost all ways with this quirky hotel. If I had to equate this hotel to something I've experienced before, it would be to the Aloft hotel chain.

The lobby is an excellent showpiece for the hotel's modern take on a functional fun hotel. Lots of white, interesting decor, lighting that changes color throughout the day and driving rock & roll beats on the radio-- and in the elevator. Beware early morning elevator rides, they may rock you awake!

I was a bit disappointed by the room size, while typically smaller in Europe I did realize I landed the smallest room in the hotel. It did fine for me for the week, and while I appreciated the white theme, it was a bit washed out in my particular room.

The hallways were modern, fresh and welcoming. The elevators were quite fun. The bathroom in my room was fun & well modernized, with only the slightest showing that the hotel had had a rehab in the past-- the door jambs were older but well repainted.

The bed was quite harder than I expect in most hotels in Europe or the US, but it did leave me feeling fresh and without any muscle or back pain. The window opened only a bit, and during this mid October stay I found that the AC was only enabled one night I was there-- which left for some quite warm nights of sleeping.

The only drawback I found in the room was that the desk space was extremely limited-- the TV shares the desk space. Other than that, each room is unique and I do feel interested to try another larger room.

The lobby does have a cooler for quick drinks, quick dinner foods (salads, pasta salads, and other cool meals that will serve you well if you arrive late and don't want to go to a restaurant. The hotel does have an evening lounge and a very large, almost spectacular looking breakfast room. The breakfast was very good, variety was great and the bass thumping in the breakfast room reminded me that I wasn't in the average hotel.

The front desk staff were able to accommodate my English with no issues at any time that I stopped by, and they too were young modern & fresh.

I can fully recommend this hotel with no hold-backs. My only issue with the heat is a pretty unusual thing for being so warm in late October and I did not approach to ask about the cooling policy.

Room Tip: If you require quiet, request a room that doesn't face the lobby side of the building.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Athens
Reviewed 28 October 2012

I travelled to Brussels on an arranged business trip and stayed at the Bloom Hotel. The overall experience was great: the atmosphere of the public areas of the hotel, the room and its comfort, the impeccable and friendly service provided by the personnel, the arrangements for the meeting that took place there, the easy access to metro station nearby, the views to the Botanic gardens, the easy access to the airport, everything was great, making this modern hotel recommendable and a hotel to revisit on my next business trip in November.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Florence
Reviewed 28 October 2012

From the first moment, Bloom! impressed with its lobby decor. Modern, spacious and attractive. The room kept the same feeling. Large, with floor to ceiling glass windows that overlooked the Brussels skyline (even the Atomium), with tasteful decor, a comfy bed and a restful armchair.

We experienced a bit of cold in our room but the receptionist immediately rectified our problem by providing an electric heater that made the room seem like the tropics. Wifi connection was speedy and reliable, and we appreciated also the free coffee machine in the lobby.

We booked Bloom! on a special weekend rate, and I must say it was a really good deal given the unmistakable quality, central location and newness of this hotel. Definitely a must try if you're passing by Brussels (which you must, if you love good beer)

Room Tip: Get a room with a good view of the skyline.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 2 nights. I really enjoyed our time at Bloom. I requested room with nice view and we actually got room from the top floor with view over the rooftops. The view was amazing in the morning. The room itself was large and very cosy, we really loved it.The bed was super comfortable and we slept like babies. The room was facing the street and we could hear a bit noise but it was not really disturbing.

Breakfast wasn't included to our deal and it was overpriced anyway, so we decided to make our breakfasts. There's small shop on the otherside of the street where one could find nice selection of breakfast items.

It's a bit of walk to the old city, but when the weather was fine it was pretty enjoyable. There's also nice shopping street nearby, near the Rogier metro station. Botanique metrostation is very near to the hotel and I found it very handy as the metrolines goes near the European parliament and reaches as far as the Atomium.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Finngirll
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 26 October 2012

We stayed there for one night in October. This was a wonderful hotel, but I would not recommend this if you plan to take train. The hotel was very clean and modern, and the staffs were very friendly. However, there was a long walk (but not long enough to take taxi) to the closest train station (Gare de Bruxelles-Nord). We took train from the airport to the train station. According to Google map, it should be a pretty straight forward 11-minute walk to the hotel. However, it was all uphill and passed through many small weird streets in a weird neighbourhood, which we did not feel safe, and it was definitely much longer than 11 minutes. Once I got to the hotel, everything was great. We ended up leaving earlier than expected in the next day to catch a train to Antwerp, as we did not feel safe to walk after dark.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2012 via mobile

This hotel in October came at a very reasonable price for a family of 3. We stayed for 3 nights. The hotel interior is awesome. Very artistic, interesting rooms. The restaurant downstairs is innovative with its menu, and overall it was a good stay. Would recommend it to friends.

The only real negatives were its location near Botanique. The surrounding area has no real restaurants and is quite run down. Lots of graffiti and stuff. The subway is luckily just a 2 minute walk away and should be used.

For any guests wanting a good nights sleep on a Friday or Saturday, insist on a high floor. They run a disco at nights on those days and on the 2nd floor it was too loud for comfort for most. My wife and I are both heavy sleepers so we didn't mind but others were likely less lucky.

The restaurant is excellent for food but service can be slow. For most it's only a minor annoyance. Our 1 year old daughter needed to go to bed so for us it was worse to wait. They did give us complimentary drinks for our patience.

All in all its a lively hotel with a vibrant look and very helpful staff.

• Stayed October 2012
London
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Booked this hotel for one night after some good reviews on tripadvisorblooms, however big mistake!
They had also booked their bar area fr a paid function. This meant thar the use of he hotel amenities were limited, to actually get to the hotel you had the walk through a mist of smoke as the revellers gathered outside.
This was not half as bad as the thundering music in our room from when we arrived until the early morning. I did complain, however no manager was on duty that could assist. In all a nightmare stay and if you are sensible look at the many other hotels in Brussels as looks can be deceiving!

Room Tip: Don't book it!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Made in Louise
Motel One
Motel One
#25 of 199 in Brussels
NH Collection Brussels Grand Sablon

Been to Hotel BLOOM!? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel BLOOM!

Property: Hotel BLOOM!
Address: Rue Royale 250, Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Brussels 1210, Belgium
Region: Belgium > Brussels > Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
#1 Best Value Hotel in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
#1 Luxury Hotel in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
#1 Romantic Hotel in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:4 star — Hotel BLOOM! 4*
Hotel BLOOM! is a unique hotel in the heart of Brussels where no two rooms are alike. Each light-filled room is decorated with a unique hand painted fresco created by a young European artist. You can pick a room to your own taste. From sober to crazy: the choice is all yours.Whether you’re here to work or to have fun, at BLOOM! you will immediately feel a creative vibe that will inspire you and bring you new ideas. Stay with us and live a unique experience. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Expedia, Lastminute, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel BLOOM! reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Bloom Hotel Brussels