“Great stay in brussels”

Hotel BLOOM!
Suresnes
“Great stay in brussels”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We went for a short week end in brussels. This hotel in term of prices and location and confort was great ! 20 min walk to downtown. Great quality in the bedroom. This hotel made our trip very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Eindhoven
Reviewed 4 June 2014

From the internet and 4 stars we had expected more comfort. We experienced a refurbished hotel, with design for sure, but did not give the feeling we were looking for. Also expect to pay another EUR 27 for parking costs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Ivo K
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Booked this hotel off of a deal online and crossed my fingers that it would be acceptable on arrival. I was very impressed with my overall experience.

The hotel is nicely located next to the Botanical Gardens (free entry) and a block away from the Metro (subway). It is only a 15-20 min walk (pretty much a straight shot) to the city center at The Grand Place. I arrived by train (North Station) and walked only 15 min to get to the hotel. Continued on my journey via the airport which was a 20 min taxi ride (though I could have taken the train, metro or bus).

The hotel had a lovely restaurant and bar in addition to the huge breakfast room. I did not eat in the hotel due to limited budget and desire to get out into the city. However, the menu and atmosphere of each was very nice and relatively affordable pricing. The breakfast was a bit more than I would pay at 13 Euro for a continental and 18 Euro for a full breakfast.

The room was very spacious for European hotels and was quite clean and crisp looking. Evidently each room has a mural painted by different art students from around Europe which I thought really gave the hotel a unique and modern feel. I love that they support artists in this way. Great idea!! The toilet and shower facilities were comfortable western standard nothing complicated to operate like many European traditional hotels. Bottled water, Coffee and tea was complementary in the room.

I would love to stay at this hotel again and next time I would stay a few extra nights and enjoy what seemed to be a lovely dining experience in the Smoods restaurant off the lobby.

Important points to consider:
1. There seems to be an additional "city tax" on the room that was not charged with my prepaid booking. It was 7 Euro per night. This was a surprise at check in.
2. The hotel does not have a gym, pool, spa or other type of facilities but that was not needed for my 2 night visit to a new city on my list. They do have meeting space in case you are looking for that.
3. The hotel booked a taxi service for me claiming that it would be a flat 30 Euro fare which was news to the taxi driver when we arrived at the airport and he charged me 43.30 Euros. I was clearly not happy. I called hotel to confirm that price and left it to the driver to work it out.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank getawayguide
Roxy B, Manager at Hotel BLOOM!, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Hello Getawayguide, we’re pleased to find out you were impressed by our hotel. When you come back, you should definitely have dinner in SmoodS, our restaurant. For your points to consider, we do have a gym at the 8th floor, make sure to ask about it next time so you don’t miss out! Thanks for your review.
Zottegem, Oost-vlaanderen, Belgium
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Modern, light hotel. Great room but cleanliness not 100 pct, excellent breakfast. Suprisingly calm being so near to a busy road. Close enough to the centre of Brussels. 1 negative is that the receptionists didn't speak dutch. But overall a nice experience and I would definetely stay there again when in Brussels.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Great hotel, great location! The room was super! We didn't have breakfast because we thought it was too expensive. The parking is also very expansive so I recommand to find another one near hotel. The staff was nice and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Goteborg
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I nearly spent 1,5 years of my life in Hotel Bloom, between 2010 and 2012, always liked it, the atmosphere, the welocome drink and honoured guest, friendly and Brazilian reception, the rooms, the young concept.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Windsor and Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014

A colleague had stayed here recently and recommended it to me. And I am so glad I took him up and booked myself and two others in here. An excellent nights sleep in a lovely environment. Wifi was good and easy to get into. Hotel restaurant is excellent and the staff leaning on quirky but made for an interesting night.
We always needed a taxi in the morning and was in a good location to pick one up.
Don't see how this is a "interesting/dangerous" neighbourhood I thought it was ok.

Parking available which we used for our business host to park in, an all round good stay

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Roxy B, Manager at Hotel BLOOM!, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Hi MissElainey, thanks for your high score! We’re very pleased to hear you and your guests enjoyed your stay and thought the hotel restaurant was excellent. We’ll keep up the good work and would love to have you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Made in Louise
Made in Louise
#1 of 16 in Ixelles
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Center
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Ce...
#1 of 2 in Saint-Jans-Molenbeek
Motel One
Motel One
#23 of 199 in Brussels
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,335 reviews

Been to Hotel BLOOM!? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel BLOOM!

Property: Hotel BLOOM!
Address: Rue Royale 250, Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Brussels 1210, Belgium
Region: Belgium > Brussels > Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
#1 Luxury Hotel in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
#1 Romantic Hotel in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
#1 Best Value Hotel in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:4 star — Hotel BLOOM! 4*
Hotel BLOOM! is a unique hotel in the heart of Brussels where no two rooms are alike. Each light-filled room is decorated with a unique hand painted fresco created by a young European artist. You can pick a room to your own taste. From sober to crazy: the choice is all yours.Whether you’re here to work or to have fun, at BLOOM! you will immediately feel a creative vibe that will inspire you and bring you new ideas. Stay with us and live a unique experience. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Hotel.de, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel BLOOM! reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Bloom Hotel Brussels