“beautiful decorated rooms”
Review of Hotel BLOOM!

Hotel BLOOM!
Reviewed 12 August 2014

A really novel experience to stay in these uniquely decorated rooms and loved the foyer area too. We didn't eat here so can't comment on the food.
As people have said, it's a fair walk in to town, but not boring, as you can take in the botanical gardens on the way. it's also right on the tram line (which we didn't use) so you can save your legs.
Only small niggles really, the reception staff were really slow and the price of water from the snack area was over the top (take your own)
I woudl recommend this hotel and would stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My sister and I enjoyed our stay here in April. The hotel and our room was modern, clean, light, comfortable and spacious. Right next to the pleasant bontanique gardens, but is also a good ten/fifteen minute walk through the uninspiring business sector to the city centre, which may be an issue if you don't fancy walking or prefer somewhere more charming or central. The staff were all friendly. Can't comment on breakfast as we didn't have it or on the bar which was being refurbished. The only slight issue we had was the slamming of the heavy doors from other rooms, which is more the fault of the other guests and their wild children than the hotel itself. The hotel has it's own signature fragrance, which is modern, but, while pleasant, they must pump it into the air conditioning in the foyer- it's a bit overwhelming! Overall I would recommend.

Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel is in the middle of a long term construction zone. Cannot get there by car, they have closed their own lounge, and most nearby businesses have closed, too. Very unpleasant, and the desk clerk was totally unapologetic.
The hotel seems to be run for the convenience of housekeeping rather than guests. After traveling for 20 hours, I arrived two hours early and they wanted to charge 26 euros for early arrival. Yet the next morning, housekeeping woke me up at 8 am, and even when I put a do not disturb sign on the door, she pounded on the door again at 10:30! You can't have it both ways, charge the guests for early arrival, and attempt to kick them out early, too. Oh, and the bed was lumpy.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Llyle M
Roxy B, Manager at Hotel BLOOM!, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Llyle, thank you for your review. It is true that the city is taking advantage of the calm summer period to do some road works and a lot of businesses are temporarily closed. The directions to our parking are available on our website, however we do apologise for the possible disturbance! We will also do the necessary follow up with our housekeeping and reception team to make sure this doesn’t happen again as this is unacceptable. If you are coming back to Brussels in the near future, we hope we can make it up to you!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

My stay here was overall very good. The room was really nice and I appreciated the free water bottle, tea, and coffee. It's close to the metro and tram stop. BUT the front desk service was not good. Their was only one lady who was helpful and the 3 other people we talked to at the front desk were awful. They gave us wrong directions

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

I was mind blown at the detail the hotel had gone too for the tomorrowland theme.

Upon arrival the staff was friendly and well informed with friendly local tips.

Our room was spacious, clean and had a feeling of home. The bathroom was great and modern with hot water 24 hours.

Breakfast and dinner was much better than I had experienced so far within Europe, great variety with flavour!

Overall I would return to the Bloom any time I go back to Brussels!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Graeme I
Reviewed 6 August 2014

For our last day off, we thought we would treat ourselves to a breakfast in hotel Bloom. Bad move.
I'll try to be as objective as possible, which will not be easy:

- first, we went to the breakfast room. Breakfast is served from 7:30 till 11. We arrived at 9:45. We were told that we need to go to reception first. No problem. However, there was only one receptionist. It took 12 minutes to handle the person before us.
- next, to the breakfast room. We headed for the buffet, only to notice that most of it was already gone. There was no bacon, no viennoises (croissant, ...), no ham or salami. The only thing left were 3 slices of industrial cheese (think cheddar), and 3 slices of meat, and some bread.
- when asked if things would be filled up again, we got a very clear and quite rude answer: "no, everything is gone". That's at 10:05
- we took some mushrooms. Once tasted, they were off (sour). Not debatable, but clearly off
- there is a sort of van, that allows you to bake your own waffles. We did that, tried them. Big surprise: they were also off (sour). The dough probably hadn't been cooled, and been sitting there since 7am
- to our surprise, suddenly someone brought in a plate with small croissants. The children took some, took a bite, and they were stone cold inside. Probably just defrosted. I kid you not.
- Empty plates were never removed from the table
- I've never eaten in a restaurant where the staff was openly shouting at each other. Until now. Literally. Things like "he doesn't do s..t here, I need to do everything, ..." In the middle of the buffet
- to top it off, we went to the restroom (just outside the breakfast area) at 10:30, only to find that... the door to re-enter the area had been closed. We stayed outside, knocked a few times, and after about 5 minutes, the door was opened by guests that were leaving
- at 10:40, suddenly 3 or 4 staff people started to clear all tables around us (about 25% of the tables had been filled with half empty plates for at least half an hour). The message was clear: get out.

Granted, 15 euros is not much. But it's way, way too much for the incredible spectacle we've witnessed here. Feel free to check my other reviews, I very rarely give a "terrible" on Tripadvisor (I think I've only done it once). I regret that I can't give a zero, this place surely deserves it.

I can't comment on the rooms, since we only had breakfast. But it's clear we won't try staying there.

Avoid. At all costs.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank fideba
Roxy B, Manager at Hotel BLOOM!, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2014

Dear, we are really surprised with your review as we always get compliments about our breakfast, so we offer you first of all our sincere apologies! May we make it right to you? Then please send me a small email to roxy@hotelbloom.com and then we can get in contact directly. Thank you very much for your feedback.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

very friendly staff. we enjoyed our stay. The guy at the front desk was very funny and kind and we directly knew that our stay was a hit ("Junior" from swiss).
the rooms are bright and clean, the breakfast is more than enough

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
NH Collection Brussels Centre
Radisson RED Brussels
Radisson RED Brussels
#2 of 15 in Ixelles
Adagio Brussels Grand Place

Been to Hotel BLOOM!? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel BLOOM!

Address: Rue Royale 250, Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Brussels 1210, Belgium
Region: Belgium > Brussels > Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
#1 Luxury Hotel in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
#1 Best Value Hotel in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
#1 Romantic Hotel in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Price Range: £63 - £131 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:4 star — Hotel BLOOM! 4*
Hotel BLOOM! is an artwork in perpetual evolution... A unique hotel in the heart of Brussels where no two rooms are alike. Each light-filled room is decorated with a unique hand painted fresco created by a young European artist. You can pick a room to your own taste. From sober to crazy: the choice is all yours.Whether you’re here to work or to have fun, at BLOOM! you will immediately feel a creative vibe that will inspire you and bring you new ideas. Stay with us and live a unique experience. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelClick, Lastminute, Expedia, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel BLOOM! reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Bloom Hotel Brussels