“Good for the price”

Hotel BLOOM!
UK
“Good for the price”
Reviewed 1 January 2010

We stayed three nights at Hotel Bloom. The rooms were very large (we had an XL), bathrooms nice and clean and the decor is modern and attractive. The only downsides were the shower, which sprayed water all over the floor, and the bed which was large but very hard - I couldn't sleep on it at all but if you like really hard mattresses, you'll love it.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. It's a little out of the way, but it's an easy walk into the city and near to a Metro.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 28 December 2009

i love this hotel. why:
*quirky! every room is different and mine was a delight.
*great restaurant
*free internet
*close to cheap restaurants
*close to public transport

the downside is that in the weekends it is a bit away from activity (it was almost a ghost town on the roads outside on saturday morning). but since it is so close to public transport it is not a problem really.

Arlington, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 December 2009

The Hotel BLOOM! fit the bill for me, for an overnight stay in Brussels on a recent trip. My French is thin, and the staff were perfectly willing to let me muddle through, but when I switched to English, they were right there with me. The room was modern and a little cold (the art in my room was a little minimalist--a set of skylines in black paint or ink, fading out. I think it was supposed to reinforce that everything is temporary...)

I didn't sample any of the amenities the hotel had, although the free wifi was excellent both in the hotel and lobby areas.

I walked to the Grand Place (about 10-15 minute brisk walk), and there was a beautiful garden right next to the hotel, although in the pouring rain I didn't take advantage of it.) The hotel is right on Rue Royale, and appears to be well-sited for buses or trams.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank dprreal
Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed 9 December 2009

Me and my partner stayed here for a weekend. This hotel has lots of things going for it - such as nice decor, comfortable beds, good location. But there are two reasons I rate this hotel as poor.

First, I had the impression that although presenting itself as chic and stylish, the hotel cuts corners to save money (for example the breakfast was dear (€25 per head) but not up to scratch for that price - for example scrambled eggs made from (I think) some kind of powder). I have no objections to hotels making a profit, but I don't like it if I feel it is at my expense.

The second reason is that the music in the bar downstairs was so loud that I couldn't get to sleep. I asked reception if they could turn the music down, but I was told that "this is not possible". I just had to live with it and wait till the music stopped. Next time I'll just look for somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 2 December 2009

The hotel and rooms (at least mine and what I could see from other pictures) are beautiful. Comfy bed, lots of space, nice bathroom, clean, and relaxing. Across the street from a market for snacks and breakfast if you don't want to pay for breakfast at the hotel. Tram on the block that goes right to the museums. Metro station 1 block away for everything else. The staff were a bit strange. They were helpful and not rude. Just kind of a weird vibe. The concierge was really nice though. Overall, I loved staying here!

1 Thank i_heart_vaykays
Europe
Reviewed 25 November 2009

I expected maybe too much of this hotel based on previous reviews and the price I paid plus the hotel's webpages.
Yes, Bloom is beautiful, rooms are unique, lobby is very special, breakfast room and the breakfast itself it very very good. My room was spacious to be a single room, on the 7th floor with nice views. And it has great bed and nice bathroom, free water too.

But a good bed won’t help, if you cannot sleep. The noise coming from other rooms and from the busy street below (even I stayed at 7th floor) let me slept maximum 4 hours per night. It was so loud, I haven’t ever stayed in a hotel that noisy, not even in NYC. I could easily hear what other travellers spoke on the other side of the wall. But the good breakfast sort of compared the night bad slept. Honestly, the breakfast is very good.

The service at the front desk was not too friendly, vibrant or helphul. I found the persons serving me very unconcerned about my questions. Plus there was 20 minutes waiting line when I checked in. I would expecy much better service with that price.

The location is good, especially if you have duties at finance area. Then there’s small convenient store in front of the hotel. I give 10+ points for the exercise room! It is great and very good, not put together just to have it there, but it really allows you to work-out and watch the views from the 8th floor. That was the hidden gem of my stay. The free wireless is also good addition.

brussels
Reviewed 23 November 2009

i don't know that many hotels which i remember for the nice smell(s), but in Bloom they somehow make scents work to create atmospheres. The lounge bar is the best i know, really super. Staff at reception was efficient and friendly, but i missed the stylishness of a previous stay. Idem for the bathroom, it was OK but somewhat worn-out. Luckily the bath and shower products still had that powdery-rosy-relaxing smell...The artist-decorated room we had was very nice, again, it creates an atmosphere i really enjoy.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Made in Louise
Motel One
Motel One
#25 of 199 in Brussels
NH Collection Brussels Grand Sablon

Been to Hotel BLOOM!? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel BLOOM!

Property: Hotel BLOOM!
Address: Rue Royale 250, Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Brussels 1210, Belgium
Region: Belgium > Brussels > Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
#1 Best Value Hotel in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
#1 Luxury Hotel in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
#1 Romantic Hotel in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:4 star — Hotel BLOOM! 4*
Hotel BLOOM! is a unique hotel in the heart of Brussels where no two rooms are alike. Each light-filled room is decorated with a unique hand painted fresco created by a young European artist. You can pick a room to your own taste. From sober to crazy: the choice is all yours.Whether you’re here to work or to have fun, at BLOOM! you will immediately feel a creative vibe that will inspire you and bring you new ideas. Stay with us and live a unique experience. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelClick, Booking.com, Lastminute, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Agoda and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel BLOOM! reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Bloom Hotel Brussels