“Horrible staff manner. Very rude hotel staff” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel BLOOM!

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hotel BLOOM!
London
“Horrible staff manner. Very rude hotel staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2010

It was our first time in Brussels and we checked into Hotel Bloom. It was lovely at first sight but the hotel staff were plain rude and impolite. Rooms were comfortable but when asked for room slippers, staff simply said 'Only for VIPs' or 'Room slippers are not part of your package hotel deal'. As it was snowing heavily with bad weather condition in Brussels, our boots were soaked with water and all we wanted were just a pair of room slippers for us to step into the room, hygenically.

So, we gave up asking for slippers because we were not entitled to have one. When we checked out, the staff at desk wasn't delighted to serve us. She even issued the wrong amount and I specifically asked for a revised version of the receipt. To my suprise, she said "No, I can't do that for you". I didn't know what to say next - either she was dumb enough or she needs IT training. It was not a rocket science task, to get a revised receipt. To top that off, she was staring and me, giving me a very pretentious face the whole time.

One more thing to add is the horrendous food served in the restaurant. 25 Euro per person for a breakfast and it wasn't even good! The scramble eggs look like some beaten yellow powder all mixed together with water. Waffles were hard and cold.

No, I WOULD NOT recommend this hotel to anyone. Location was so-so. Better off getting a hotel near the city with the same price.

Also, remember to bring your own universal adapter/plug as the hotel charges 5.50euro for it, or better - bring your own room slippers during winter season.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank Hw3i

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (304)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2010

To be fair the hotel was clean and trendy. That's about it.

Hotel service was the worst you can imagine. Requested for cutleries and was told they don't have it?! Had to resort to "borrowing" it during breakfast. Asked for hotel slippers and was told it's only given to special packages or VIP guests?! Socks and shoes were too wet because of the cold weather and I had to walk around barefooted to use the Internet. Breakfast was way too expensive considering what was offered (normal english breakfast for 25 EURO!).

Never in my life have I gotten such bad hotel service before. Travelers be warned!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
1 Thank L0nd0nUKTraveller
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2010

We enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Bloom. The room was warm and inviting and very centrally located. Two blocks from the subway and with a market across the street, what more could we ask for. The staff was friendly and helpful and the fitness center was lovely.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2010

We stayed three nights at Hotel Bloom. The rooms were very large (we had an XL), bathrooms nice and clean and the decor is modern and attractive. The only downsides were the shower, which sprayed water all over the floor, and the bed which was large but very hard - I couldn't sleep on it at all but if you like really hard mattresses, you'll love it.

Staff were very helpful and friendly. It's a little out of the way, but it's an easy walk into the city and near to a Metro.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
Wellington, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2009

i love this hotel. why:
*quirky! every room is different and mine was a delight.
*great restaurant
*free internet
*close to cheap restaurants
*close to public transport

the downside is that in the weekends it is a bit away from activity (it was almost a ghost town on the roads outside on saturday morning). but since it is so close to public transport it is not a problem really.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled solo
Arlington, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 December 2009

The Hotel BLOOM! fit the bill for me, for an overnight stay in Brussels on a recent trip. My French is thin, and the staff were perfectly willing to let me muddle through, but when I switched to English, they were right there with me. The room was modern and a little cold (the art in my room was a little minimalist--a set of skylines in black paint or ink, fading out. I think it was supposed to reinforce that everything is temporary...)

I didn't sample any of the amenities the hotel had, although the free wifi was excellent both in the hotel and lobby areas.

I walked to the Grand Place (about 10-15 minute brisk walk), and there was a beautiful garden right next to the hotel, although in the pouring rain I didn't take advantage of it.) The hotel is right on Rue Royale, and appears to be well-sited for buses or trams.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank dprreal
Heidelberg, Germany
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 December 2009

Me and my partner stayed here for a weekend. This hotel has lots of things going for it - such as nice decor, comfortable beds, good location. But there are two reasons I rate this hotel as poor.

First, I had the impression that although presenting itself as chic and stylish, the hotel cuts corners to save money (for example the breakfast was dear (€25 per head) but not up to scratch for that price - for example scrambled eggs made from (I think) some kind of powder). I have no objections to hotels making a profit, but I don't like it if I feel it is at my expense.

The second reason is that the music in the bar downstairs was so loud that I couldn't get to sleep. I asked reception if they could turn the music down, but I was told that "this is not possible". I just had to live with it and wait till the music stopped. Next time I'll just look for somewhere else.

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Center
MEININGER Hotel Brussels City Ce...
#1 of 2 in Saint-Jans-Molenbeek
Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre
Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre
#3 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,066 reviews

Been to Hotel BLOOM!? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Hotel BLOOM!

Property: Hotel BLOOM!
Address: Rue Royale 250, Saint-Josse-ten-Noode, Brussels 1210, Belgium
Region: Belgium > Brussels > Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
#1 Romantic Hotel in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
#1 Best Value Hotel in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
#1 Luxury Hotel in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:4 star — Hotel BLOOM! 4*
Hotel BLOOM! is a unique hotel in the heart of Brussels where no two rooms are alike. Each light-filled room is decorated with a unique hand painted fresco created by a young European artist. You can pick a room to your own taste. From sober to crazy: the choice is all yours.Whether you’re here to work or to have fun, at BLOOM! you will immediately feel a creative vibe that will inspire you and bring you new ideas. Stay with us and live a unique experience. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TravelClick, Booking.com, Prestigia, Lastminute and Odigeo so you can book your Hotel BLOOM! reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Bloom Hotel Brussels