Hilton Brussels City
  • Room Service
US$132
US$117
  • Restaurant
NH Brussels Bloom(Saint-Josse-ten-Noode)(Great Value!)
US$97
Hotel Villa Royale(Saint-Josse-ten-Noode)
US$90
US$81
  • Bar/Lounge
Best Western City Centre(Saint-Josse-ten-Noode)
US$88
  • Room Service
Hotel Siru(Saint-Josse-ten-Noode)
US$102
US$99
Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre(Saint-Josse-ten-Noode)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$72
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
2,555 results
All reviewsthe grand placedeluxe roombrussels citytrain stationminute walkbusiness hotelconvenient locationshopping mallcity centrewaffleshonorssquareeurossaunaeuropestatusslippers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in September with 2 business associates. We arrived late at night after a long drive and were told by the front desk clerk that the hotel's system was unavailable as a batch was running and he could not check us in until it was complete. After waiting for about half an hour, we were finally able to check-in. Our rooms were OK, but fairly small. As a Hilton Diamond member, I received complimentary breakfast in the morning. The buffet had a wide selection and was of good quality. The location is fairly good, but about a 15-20 minute walk to the Grand Place and there are other hotels closer.

After spending the day out in the city, my colleagues and I returned to find that none of our rooms had been serviced by housekeeping. Before I learned that my colleagues found their rooms in a similar state, I went to the front desk to let them know my room had not been cleaned. The front desk clerk seemed indifferent to the situation and just muttered something about other guests having reported this issue as well and wrote my room number down. No other resolution was offered and he simply said housekeeping had left for the day and nothing could be done. Apparently, since the prior night's desk clerk had run the batch process before we checked-in, our rooms were not listed on the housekeeping reports and he did not bother to correct this situation.

Upon departure, the front desk clerk who checked me and one of my colleagues out asked how the stay was. After we explained this situation, she expressed what seemed to be genuine concern about it and took letters both of us had written to the general manager's attention regarding our experience. She promised she would make sure the letters were delivered to him. Neither of us has heard anything in response.

To add to the issues with this stay, I checked my credit card activity on-line and found that, in addition to the charge for a 2-night stay, I had 3 no-show charges from the Hilton Brussels City (I had originally booked the rooms for myself and both colleagues before switching the other rooms to their names upon check-in). After confirming with both of my colleagues that they were each charged for the full 2 night stay, I contacted Hilton customer service regarding the erroneous no-show charges and also mentioned the lack of housekeeping service. They responded within 24 hours indicating they would refund the no-show charges.

Reversing erroneous charges was the absolute least that could have been done in this situation as they were not legitimate charges in the first place and I could have achieved the same result through filing a dispute with my credit card company. I found the experience at this hotel, particularly the lack of housekeeping service and indifference of the front desk staff, to be very unsatisfactory. I will certainly stay elsewhere next time I visit Brussels in spite of my status with Hilton.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank TLMurphy77
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Mr. TLMurphy77,

Thank you for taking the time you leave a review on Tripadvisor.

All of our guest correspondence provides us the opportunity to always improve the level of service we deliver.

We once again sincerely regret about the experience you encountered with us. The error during your check in process caused your rooms being missed from the Housekeeping list for service and also followed the faulty charge of no show bookings despite your arrival.

We sincerely hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future and have the opportunity to redeem ourselves for your experience. I remain at your full disposal.

Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

The staff at this hotel really enhanced the experience and were helpful and friendly throughout our stay.
The room was small but perfectly formed and decorated to a high standard.
The breakfast was wonderful and the bar at the front of the hotel was chic and well stocked.
The hotel also boasts a fantastic gym, sauna and steam rooms. Next time I am in Brussels I shall stay at Hilton!

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shakespeare89

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on tripadvisor.

We are very happy to read you fully enjoyed your stay with us and will share your delightful comments with the team.

Looking very much forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I stayed in this hotel for a week and it is not what one would expect from a Hilton. The lobby is nice and the personnel very polite, something extremely rare in Belgium.
The room was okayish, but definitely not worth more than 150 euros per night.
The beds and room decoration are basic.
Dinner in the room is not worth it as a burger costs 18 euros and the tray charges are 5 euros, which is too much for fast food. Nothing special in terms of quality. Better cross the road and get food from Boston Grill. Better quality and prices.
The ironing facilities provided are horrible as there is no light in the wardrobe where they are located and the iron is old without steam which requires ages to do the job. I asked for a steam iron and they brought it later, so this was fixed.
The bathroom although it seems partially renovated it is not something special. The wall around the sink and toilet has wood that has been destroyed by humidity and looks disgusting.
The heater in the bathroom was dirty.
Location is central, close to companies, supermarket, a few restaurants and metro lines 2 & 6.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

Dear Katharina H,

Thank you for your review on tripadviosor regarding your recent stay at the Hilton Brussels City.

It was a pleasure to read your kind comment concerning our Team which I will gladly share.
Regarding your feedback on your room, we appreciate your feedback and regret we were unable to meet your expectations. Please be advised that we are undergoing technical upgrades to all guest rooms and will prioritize on the wooden surface you have mentioned. Concerning the heater, we apologize for this and have addressed the matter with our housekeeping manager for prompt handling.

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Brussels City and sincerely hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Very convenient Middle of the City Location, Good Rates, Friendly Staff - is all most would say.
However the highlight here is the Steam Room and the Sauna, although most guests unaware of these.
The Breakfast is one of the best around.
The only negative is that the room food menu was limited.

Room Tip: No pool but the steam room and sauna make up for it
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your kind comments concerning our staff.

It is also a pleasure to hear that you particularly enjoyed our Scandinavian Wellness and Health Club featuring a sauna, hammam and work-out room with 24-hour complimentary access.

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Brussels City and look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We stayed here for two nights over an autumn weekend and enjoyed the stay. The rooms are spacious, well equipped and furnished, the bed is very comfortable and above all the rooms were quiet. One or two complaints - the Wifi costs an absurd €20 a day and the breakfast €30 each. We avoided the breakfast because we eat little in the morning - at least there was a tea and coffee maker in the room. The staff were friendly, the bar well stocked, the location great for walking into the city centre. Recommended

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear David N,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor

We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us!

Thank you for your feedback concerning the wifi cost in guest rooms. Your feedback will be kept into account for the future. Please note that we are currently offering complimentary wifi internet in our public areas.