2,840 results
All reviews the grand place deluxe room brussels city train station minute walk business hotel convenient location shopping street gare du city centre waffles honors euros sauna europe status belgium
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Overall, I was satisfied with my stay. However, I have a few complaints/suggestions about my room: (1) There were no power outlets near the nightstand. This is becoming a must-have feature at a time when most people use their smartphones and tablets at night (e.g., as an alarm clock, for reading the news). You should upgrade your rooms accordingly. (2) The bathroom had a motion-detector switch which turned itself off when I was in the shower, leaving me to grope my way out in complete darkness! This is a dangerous feature, which could lead to accidents in a slippery bathroom. (3) I was grateful that the room had an iron and ironing board (a must-have for business travelers). However, the equipment was small and difficult to use. It was impossible to even get the ironing board out of the closet, because it was blocked by an armchair. Once it was out and opened, I found the equipment very cramped and had a difficult time ironing my clothes before my meeting.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded 2 December 2013

Dear Gautam J,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on tripadvisor.

We are glad to read that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and very much appreciate your constructive comments concerning your room. We will glady review your points to seek opportunities in improving the rooms layout in the future.

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Brussels City and look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 27 November 2013

The staff at the hotel were extremely nice and as helpful as they could be. The hotel is 50 yards away from the exit to Rogier Metro station - which is only 5 stops away from Midi Station. The bar area is nice and the restaurant is what you would expect.

The hotel is small, but placed over 9 floors. Our room was nice and had the biggest bed I have ever seen. There were tea and coffee making facilities and the TV had BBC 1,2,3 and World news. As well as a safe and mini-bar. The toiletries in the bathroom were also good. The bathroom had no windows in it and the floor was very bouncy. The shower was the only thing that I could complain about - if you have a shower at around 7pm, don’t!!! The water was luke warm at best. The only time the shower had hot water was on the Monday morning. The shower also needed a good clean, there was mould on the bottom of the shower door.

The hotel was quiet and the bed was fine to sleep on. We walked through the Crowne Plaza next door and that also looked a nice hotel.

The location is ok. It’s a 15 minute walk to the Grand Place, but lots of shops on the way as you walk down "Shopping Street", I hate shopping, but this breaks up the walk.

Apart from the shower, our stay was good. I wouldn’t return to Brussels (because there is nothing to do there and its boring), but if i had to, i would stay at the Hilton again (or maybe try the Crowne Plaza next door).

• Trip type: Travelled with family

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and especially your room.

We appreciate your comment concerning the bathroom that we will pick up with the Housekeeping team.

Please note that we also offer a Scandinavian Wellness and Health Club featuring sauna, hammam and work-out room with a 24-hour complimentary access.

We sincerely look forward to welcome you back at the Hilton Brussels City should you plan a future visit.

Reviewed 26 November 2013

Being very familiar with the hotel standard in Brussels from many years of business travel, I was positively surprised of the value for money ratio at Brussels Hilton Down Town. The previous Hilton at Place Stephanie, which has now turned into another brand, used to signal a high end hotel. The Hilton Downtown however, has a concept which turns out more cost effective without jeopardizing the perceived quality.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Per Arne S

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for your review!

We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and especially the value for money our product has to offer.

We sincerely hope to become your hotel of reference when travelling to Brussels in the future.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

Stayed for the first time and found total service and facilities satisfactory. Though not close to the railway station but subway station of Rogier is just a couple of minutes walking distance and it connected to the main station of train in 15 minutes trip.

Room tip: No specific idea.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to read that your stay met your expectations.

Please note that the Hilton Brussels City is located 600 meters from the Brussels North Railway station. Hope this information may be useful for your future trip.

Thank you for choosing the Hilton Brussels City and look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 24 November 2013

I stayed for 2 nights in September with 2 business associates. We arrived late at night after a long drive and were told by the front desk clerk that the hotel's system was unavailable as a batch was running and he could not check us in until it was complete. After waiting for about half an hour, we were finally able to check-in. Our rooms were OK, but fairly small. As a Hilton Diamond member, I received complimentary breakfast in the morning. The buffet had a wide selection and was of good quality. The location is fairly good, but about a 15-20 minute walk to the Grand Place and there are other hotels closer.

After spending the day out in the city, my colleagues and I returned to find that none of our rooms had been serviced by housekeeping. Before I learned that my colleagues found their rooms in a similar state, I went to the front desk to let them know my room had not been cleaned. The front desk clerk seemed indifferent to the situation and just muttered something about other guests having reported this issue as well and wrote my room number down. No other resolution was offered and he simply said housekeeping had left for the day and nothing could be done. Apparently, since the prior night's desk clerk had run the batch process before we checked-in, our rooms were not listed on the housekeeping reports and he did not bother to correct this situation.

Upon departure, the front desk clerk who checked me and one of my colleagues out asked how the stay was. After we explained this situation, she expressed what seemed to be genuine concern about it and took letters both of us had written to the general manager's attention regarding our experience. She promised she would make sure the letters were delivered to him. Neither of us has heard anything in response.

To add to the issues with this stay, I checked my credit card activity on-line and found that, in addition to the charge for a 2-night stay, I had 3 no-show charges from the Hilton Brussels City (I had originally booked the rooms for myself and both colleagues before switching the other rooms to their names upon check-in). After confirming with both of my colleagues that they were each charged for the full 2 night stay, I contacted Hilton customer service regarding the erroneous no-show charges and also mentioned the lack of housekeeping service. They responded within 24 hours indicating they would refund the no-show charges.

Reversing erroneous charges was the absolute least that could have been done in this situation as they were not legitimate charges in the first place and I could have achieved the same result through filing a dispute with my credit card company. I found the experience at this hotel, particularly the lack of housekeeping service and indifference of the front desk staff, to be very unsatisfactory. I will certainly stay elsewhere next time I visit Brussels in spite of my status with Hilton.

Date of stay: September 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank TLMurphy77

Dear Mr. TLMurphy77,

Thank you for taking the time you leave a review on Tripadvisor.

All of our guest correspondence provides us the opportunity to always improve the level of service we deliver.

We once again sincerely regret about the experience you encountered with us. The error during your check in process caused your rooms being missed from the Housekeeping list for service and also followed the faulty charge of no show bookings despite your arrival.

We sincerely hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future and have the opportunity to redeem ourselves for your experience. I remain at your full disposal.