2,742 results
All reviewsthe grand placedeluxe roombrussels citytrain stationminute walkbusiness hotelconvenient locationshopping streetgare ducity centrewaffleshonorseurossaunastatuseuropeslippers
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I stayed in this hotel for 1 night as part of a business trip. I thought the hotel was well located just near the Rogier metro stop which is on the line direct from the Eurostar station. It is also only about 10 to 15 mins walk to the Grand Platz and less than that to a number of restaurants.
The room itself was nice and spacious. The breakfast in the hotel was very good, extensive, and the bar area in the evening was popular with good service. I will return to this hotel as a reasonably frequent visitor to Brussels.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on tripadvisor!

We are glad to read you fully enjoyed your stay with us and especially your breakfast experience and our Bien Belge Living Lounge.

Indeed we next to a metro station and walking distance to the North Train Station making it very comfortable to reach our property.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

The Hilton Brussels is probably one of the worst Hilton's in which I've stayed. Had trouble with electricity in room, the beds and pillows are uncomfortable, and the bar service was poor. The staff overall was helpful, wifi worked, and the lobby is attractive.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor.

We sincerely regret to read our guest room did not meet your expectation.
We usually receive positive feedback concerning our Swedish style beds nonetheless your comments will be kept into account. Also, we are indeed planning an additional selection of in room pillows so thank you for your feedback.

Thank you for your nice comments concerning the helpfulness of our staff and the appearance of our lobby.

We sincerely hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back in the near future and have the opportunity in ensuring you a most pleasant stay.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We arrived at this hotel on the Easter weekend 2014 to find that our booking actually started on the Sunday and not the Saturday (which was the day we travelled from London via the Eurostar)
Jean who was on the desk said please do not worry even though we are totally booked we will find you something and he did. The smallest room at the top of the hotel down the longest corridor but that did not matter because we had a place to sleep, next day we moved into our booked room and thoroughly enjoyed our stay which turned into quite a few more days. All the staff could not have been more helpful, rooms were a little small but that is Europe and that's the way it is.

Room Tip: Maybe if you are that particular about which room you want you should call ahead and talk with the staff about rooms needed. Then you would not be disappointed but I think most hotels do the best they can and again Europe's hotels can be on the small side but you are there to take in the fantastic history not spend that much time in your room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review!

We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and that Jean was able to make the difference upon your arrival in light of a difficult situation. I will certainly pass on your comments to him!

Thank you very much for having chosen the Hilton Brussels City and look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I felt the room was rather small, considering it's price, however the service met with expectations. The location was ideal for sightseeing in the city, and there was a metro stop adjacent to this hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Traveler,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to read that you overall enjoyed your stay with us.

Indeed we are centrally located making us the ideal starting point to explore what the city has best to offer!

Please do note that we do offer a range of guest rooms from Classic, Deluxe and Suites which also vary in size. We would indeed recommed for you one of our Deluxe rooms should we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future, we are sure it would best fit your needs.

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Brussels City.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

I had two major issues with my stay at Hilton: -I made a reservation using a corporate account, when I arrived I was told that this had not 'gone through' - even though it was 'in the system' and so I would not be getting the rate I was promised, and I would not be getting breakfast nor internet (which was included in my reserved rate). I was advised by the friendly reception staff that this would be fixed in the morning by the reservations staff. The following morning I called, only to be treated in a very rude manner by a lady that repeatedly stated that 'this is not her problem that I did not call to confirm the rate' and after I asked why I did not get an email or a call advising me that the reservation had a change, she said 'I cannot expect to email every single client with a problem or call them, this is not my problem' (!!!). Certainly NOT what I expect from Hilton, not what I expect from even a two star hotel. In any case, she managed to arrange my reservation so that -one- of the five nights I stayed was using the corporate account - I was not advised about breakfast nor internet. In general VERY DISAPPOINTED; taking into account that Crown Plaza and Sheraton are next door. - Second issue was room service. I usually work until very late, and rely on room service to get by. First night I ordered a club sandwich. It took an hour to arrive, it was ugly, appearance was terrible, chips were chewy, terrible. No protective cover for the tray had been used to preserve the heat of the food (how easy is that?!). Additionally, the wine this lady brought was NOT the one I ordered, it was 3x as expensive as the one I ordered - and was charged accordingly. I mention this to the girl, I told her I ordered another wine, of a significantly lower price - she reacted with anger took the wine and left ! I was called ten minutes later and was told of all the other alternatives of wines, the one I had ordered was not available (why not tell me that in the first place?). By the time the wine finally arrived dinner has been over for a while. Communication would have solved this issue. I was very very unhappy. - A third minor issue is the area. The area is simply dangerous. Guests should be alerted of this when they check in.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

All our guest reviews are dealt with true interest as it enables us constantly to improve our service levels.
It is with regret that we read your comments and do apologize for the inconveniences caused. Please rest assured that this does not reflect our usual standards in service delivery.

We were fortunately able to trace back your reservation and our team has recently contacted you with explanations concerning your room rate applied. We attempted to reassure you on the true intentions of our Reservation agent and informing you of our gesture concerning your in room dining experience.

We sincerely hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future and regain your faith in our product and service levels.

I remain at your disposal.