2,740 results
All reviewsthe grand placedeluxe roombrussels citytrain stationminute walkbusiness hotelconvenient locationshopping streetgare ducity centrewaffleshonorseurossaunastatuseuropeslippers
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This was not your typical big city Hilton. The public areas were small but nicely appointed. Wifi in the public areas was free. We found the staff to be friendly and helpful. It rained every day we were there and the staff was very good about offering umbrellas to us and the other guests heading out for the day. We did not upgrade our room and found it to be very small. The bathroom was the smallest I have ever experienced in a hotel. If room size and view are important to you I highly recommend upgrading to a king deluxe room or jr suite. If you want a view ask for a room facing the front of the hotel. It was a easy walk to Brussels Nord train station, Grand Place, Rue Neuve shopping district, lots of restaurants and attractions. There is a metro station right outside the front door of the hotel. We considered the hotel a good location.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on tripadvisor.

We are glad your enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your comments concerning our staff.

We regret we were unable to upgrade your room to one of our king deluxe rooms on this visit and sincerely hope, should we have the pleasure of welcoming you again, to do so on your next visit.

Thank you very much for having chosen the Hilton Brussels city.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed here for a third time and was again pleased with the hotel. It is conveniently located near the Noord station and walking distance to the center of town. Checkin went fine, the room was small but typical for this hotel. Room service was a little inconsistent, but good. Wifi worked well. Rooms were quiet and beds were comfortable. A nice reception was provided to HHonors members one evening.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for your loyalty towards our property!

We are glad to read you have been enjoying your stays with us and that you had the opportunity to join us for the HHonors guests reception that we hold every Wednesday evening.

We sincerely hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back once again in your near future.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

Hotels in Brussels seem to think they can get away with anything on the basis that a) their guests are connected to the European Commission so don't quibble about the cost or b) they are only staying for one night so not likely to complain. The Hilton city hotel certainly seems to think this way - how else to explain why having paid more than £170 for a room, what I was allocated was more like a monk's cell in size and ambience. To its credit it was clean and serviceable but what it was not, was convivial. The window looked out onto a wall or down into the well of the hotel. The bed was tucked away in the corner - two steps and you were in the bathroom. No where to put the small suitcase other than squeezed in a space between the end of the bed and a wall.
At check in I was informed breakfast was not included but if I produced my Hilton Honours card they would do me a special package deal of 18 euros instead of the 22 euros normal price. Who in their right mind pays that for breakfast??
The staff were friendly and helpful - its not their fault the management believes its ok to squeeze their customers dry.

Room Tip: check that your room is not looking in the interior of the hotel
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on tripadvisor.

We sincerely regret to read that your stay did not meet with your expectations.
During the month of May the city of Brussels has had many peak nights which indeed made it more challenging for our guests to receive more favorable rate which are, for instance, usually available during weekends.

Please note that we offer a range of room types which also vary in size from single to classic, deluxe and suites.

On different note, thank you for your great comments concerning our staff which with pleasure I will share.

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Brussels City. We hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back in the near future and be able to regain your faith on our accommodation offerings.

Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

This whole experience was disappointing - from the service to the facilities. It has really marred the way I view Hilton overall, but it wasn't the worst or anything. Just not what you would expect from this brand at this price.

The location is great - very close to The north and Central train stations, 12 mins away from south/midi. Easy walk to Grand Place, Mont des Art and shopping.
There is a lot of construction across the street so definitely not a scenic area but great if you want to explore.

The view from my room was deplorable. I asked for a nice view or at least a big window with lots of sunshine. I got a lovely view of the AC machine and other rooms. Not great sunshine or pleasing to look at.

The room was surprisingly small for two people, even at European standards. It was hard for the two of us to do many things, someone had to move or go sit on the bed. The bathroom was ridiculously small with very very little counter space. The room did not have a make up mirror when we came, so someone came and installed one right away. It did come with a mini fridge, safe, iron, coffee and the normal stuff.

The toilet however did not work properly. I asked for it to be fixed twice then just have up and accepted my fate.

The housekeeping staff was ridiculously loud, chatting and slamming things down and around as early as 7am so that was not a pleasant way to wake up.

The room service was not good in any way shape or form and I was charged triple the cost listed in the menu and still have no explanation on why this happened and if it will be fixed. It better be taken care of by the time I check out.

The biggest issue was the wifi. I was up sold the business package which was wifi and breakfast for $66. Two different people told me dollars not euros. However it was euros. Which is then $90! The wifi was spotty, slow and kept kicking me off, even after I spoke with tech support. An the breakfast was cereal, toast and wet eggs. I had better food (and a better bathroom/shower) for less at the Delta Skylounge in heathrow airport. That is really sad when an airport lounge is better than a 4 star international hotel.

This hotel has a lot of conferences and business travellers so I guess it's good for that, especially if you can expense everything. It's not really great for couples who saved their money to have a nice stay in Brussels.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor.

We sincerely regret to read that your stay did not meet up to your expectations.
All of our guests feedback is of true importance to us and please rest assured that all of your comments have been shared with team to pin point the specific areas for improvement.

I would like to ensure that your order for the Room Service was corrected as needed, please feel free to contact me directly at res.brusselscity@hilton.com to allow me to review.

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Brussels City and remain at your disposal.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

After being booked into a terrible hotel across the square, we sought asylum from the Hilton. Overall, everything was excellent. Yes it was.pricey for what it was - a very small room, but it was clean, had excellent servuce, and was everything else that you would expect from a Hilton. Do yourself a favor, don't complain about the price or the size. The other hotel was roughly the same price, just as small, filthy, plumbing issues and rudeness, no air conditioning or thermostat control and a window that overlooked a filthy area covered in cigarette butts. Brussels seems to be one if thise cities where you pay a premium for a basuc room that is sufficient.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor!

We sincerely appreciate you fully enjoyed your stay with us and that your selection towards our Brand versus another hotel in the area fully met your expectations.
Thank you for your great comments concerning our service level and the cleanliness of the hotel.

Sincerely hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.