2,873 results
All reviews the grand place deluxe room brussels city train station minute walk business hotel hotel is located convenient location shopping street gare du city centre waffles honors euros sauna status europe
Reviewed 1 June 2014

the hotel staff was friendly and professional. the facility was well kept and nicely updated The room was well designed and efficient, plenty of work space. I especially liked the use of a key card slot just inside the door to turn on lights etc. It made sure I never left without a key card! The Hotel is right next to station Rogier which will be easy to navigate once all of the construction is complete. Breakfast was typical European fare with plenty of choices. i would stay there again. Not sure why people are saying this is a "bad location" but transit to the airport is close, the subway is right across the street, shopping is close and there are numerous eateries within a block or two. it is 10 minutes walk from the Grand Place.

Date of stay: April 2014
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Thank you for your comment concerning our ideal location which reflects the vast majority of our guests feedback.

We are looking forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Granted, the Hilton Brussels City has "only" 4 stars, but at least one of those should be deducted. Although a Hilton Diamond Card holder, I was allocated a poky room, in need of refurbishing, and with a most uncomfortable bed. I arrived late, around midnight, so had no energy to return to the reception to ask for a better room. The fact that better rooms were available was proven when a colleague, a silver card holder, complained about his room and was given a better one. This is the first time that my Hilton status has not been recognised at check-in. Incidentally, the breakfast is poor by European standards (though perhaps commensurate with US Hilton hotels). It is a pity that this is now the only Hilton in Brussels; a better hotel in that city is desperately needed. For my part, my next visit to Brussels will definitely NOT be in the Hilton Brussels City.

Room tip: A good room wanted? Choose another hotel - the Crowne Plaza is right next door !!!
Trip type: Travelled on business
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on tripadvisor.

We regret to read that your stay did not meet up to your expectations.

Please note that we offer range of guest rooms which vary in also size from Classic to Deluxe and Suites. Rest assured that we do our utmost to grant room type upgrades to our most loyal HHonors customers in line with the availability of our hotel.

It would be a pleasure to have you stay with us once more and attempt to redeem ourselves. Please do feel free to contact me directly at res.brusselscity@hilton.com

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Notified the hotel that I was coming early and needed a super early morning check in and no problem. The front desk staff was not only very professional but friendly. My room was small compared to US standards but was nice enough room for one person. The morning breakfast spread was of good quality and varied enough. Dined in the hotel restaurant and although nothing out of the world, everything was fine. I found the hotel to be well located. Overall loved this Hilton property and would come back if ever in Brussels again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on tripadvisor.

We are very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and glad the reception team was able to accommodate you directly on your early arrival. With great pleasure I will share your nice comments concerning the team.

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Brussels City and look very much forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

stayed for a night on business. The location is far from being the best in Brussels, indeed there is a lot of construction around.

Keep in mind that the main square and galleries are within 10 minute walk.

However, that could be the only downside to otherwise great hotel. Staff was very friendly and helpful; check in/out flawless, and bartenders full of smiles and great suggestions.

One particular feature that SHOULD be copied by ALL hotels - the little panel by the bed with buttons for lighting control. So many times I have to wander around hotel room, trying to switch lights off but keep laptop charging...here its a push of "All Off" button - and bingo! - total darkness. Motion sensor in the bathroom to switch on the lights is another great thing, although I imagine might spook some.

Overall, solid and quality hotel. Keep it up.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review.

We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and especially appreciated our staff's efforts.

We are very pleased you noted our lighting system in our guest rooms. Indeed I believe myself and all readers can relate to your comment!

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Brussels City and we look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

I normally stay in the Novotel off Grand Place (which is very nice), however for a change I decided to stay at the Hilton, apart from the slightly shorter transfer time from the airport, that's where the upsides end. My room was perfectly pleasant, but my key wouldn't work in the lift, so I had to ask for replacement keys or try and nip into the lift when someone else's key was working. It wasn't the end of the world but it was a pain. The hotel location is at Place Rogier which is very close to the Gare Nord, which also means its very close to the red light district. At the time of my stay there was an extensive civil engineering project going on outside so there was a lot of noise from about 8am. Location wise it is in no man's land, trapped between the seedy area and the more upmarket/touristy areas around the Grand Place. It is probably a 1k walk to the Grand Place. I stayed for business and ate in the hotel restaurant (which was absolutely fine and had very attentive staff). If I was here as a tourist and wanted to explore I would be disappointed in the location.

Room tip: choose a high room if possible to get away from the noise of the building work

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to read that you overall enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for your nice comments on our restaurant staff.

Indeed works continue in the square in front of the hotel and will be reaching their final phases hopefully by the end of this year giving an uplift to the square. Concerning our location, a wide majority of our guests, also coming for leisure and despite the square we are facing, do very much appreciate it. Given the walking distance to the north station and the access to main attractions such as La Grand Place and St. Catherine church, surrounded by its characterizing brasseries, it is found very convenient.

We thank you for having chosen the Hilton Brussels City and look very much forward in welcoming you back in the near future.