“Great Stay. Great Location.”

Hilton Brussels City
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I recently stayed at this location with my family of five. We had two rooms both of which were well appointed, clean and of a good size for Europe. The staff at check-in was very helpful, polite and efficient. We were given upgrades without asking. The breakfast was very good and we enjoyed the multiple choices offered. The hotel is located within walking distance of the Grand Place as well as many restaurants and shops. If my travels bring me to Brussels again I will definitely stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank abamagal2
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor.

We sincerely appreciated reading that you and your family fully enjoyed your stay with us!
With pleasure I will share your comments to the team.

Indeed we are centrally located making us the ideal starting point to explore all that this great city has to offer.

We thank you for having chosen the Hilton Brussels City and hope to have the pleasure in welcoming you back in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,473)

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We spent 2 nights in Brussels at this hotel.

On the positive side, it is very well located for transport, being close to Brussel Noord station and to the Place Rogier metro. It is also within walking distance of the main square and the art gallery. Our taxi arrived within 10 minutes of being called on the day that we checked out. There are also restaurants near by, but on our second night we found it easy to catch the metro to the art nouveau restaurant "la Porteuse d'eau" (which we recommend and which is outside the main tourist area).

Still on the positive side, our room was spacious and had good light from the window overlooking Place Rogier. We found the staff to be friendly, helpful and all spoke good English.

First problem is that unless you have gold or above status at Hilton, there is no wifi in the room (available at a hefty 20 euro per day) so you need to go to the lobby where it is free, but slow.
Secondly, we had problems with the air conditioning - first they tried to adjust it but left the heater on (we did not realise that it has manual adjustment). After turning the heater off it was better, but never got down to our desired temperature. We had other minor problems but generally would recommend the hotel

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly our location.

Indeed we are centrally located making us the ideal starting point in exploring all that this city has to offer.

We regret about the A/C issue you encountered, please note that we are in process of changing all our in room thermostats to improve the system.

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Brussels City and look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Well you can rate this Hotel as an average Hotel. I love to stay at the Hilton franchise and love the Budapest Hilton. Unfortunately you can't compare these two.
Yes it is in the middle of the Brussels city but that's it.

No car parking for the Hotel you need to park in an official park garage for about 12-16€ per night which is still fine for Brussels. As the place in front of the Hotel is currently rebuild traffic is a bit hard to oversee.

Staff was kind but not over the top.

Breakfast was a standard one you needed to get your coffee yourself. Breakfast opened at 6:30 CET so if you need to leave early to avoid Brussels traffic could get tricky.
Plates are standing around when you’re finished and you needed to wait before someone is cleaning up. Also just noticed one or two persons working there during the breakfast time.
Not comparable to Budapest for example where you get severed every kind of coffee on your table as well as fresh pressed orange juice.

No coming to the rooms. Most likely you don’t need a big room when on business leave but a bath room where you are able to turn around without touching the walls would at the end be nice.
Also the rooms are dark and small on the other day I searched the remote control for the TV….cleaning maid has hidden it below the blanket ;-)

Gym is nice but near the Spa so you start sweating before even able to do something. All available devices had been in use (3 out of 4) and one was broken.

Really don’t know if I choose it for another stay but would like to continue staying with the Hilton brand.

Breakfast

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2014

Dear Marc T,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor.

We sincerely regret to read that your stay did not meet up to your expectations.
All of our guests feedback is of true importance to us. Please rest assured that all of your comments have been revised with the team to pin point the specific areas for improvement.

I am pleased to read that you will maintain your preference towards the Hilton Brand and also hope to have the opportunity to welcome back here with us in the near future. This would be an opportunity for us to regain your faith on our property.

I remain at your disposal.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I'm sad to say this Hilton only has its location going for it. Though most of the staff tries hard, the hotel needs an upgrade in training and facilities. I had a problem with my room's air conditioning system. The staff on duty that night came to my room and confirmed that it was not functioning properly. Since they could not move me to another room, they sent up a floor fan. The room was still too warm and I slept very poorly that night. I was moved the next day. Upon check-out, I learned that the front desk person on duty that night never noted in their system of my situation. So, the check-out receptionist would not comp my first night, nor did she believe me when I told her of the situation, even though it was clear that they'd moved me after the first night. She took my contact information, but I have never received any correspondence from the Brussels Hilton, and it's been over a week since my stay there. The Brussels Hilton really dropped the ball.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor.

We regret to read about your experience at the Hilton Brussels City. We were able track your reservation and investigated also with our team concerning the follow promised where we feel there could have been a misunderstanding.
We apologize about this and please be advised that our team will be contacting directly to review your experience and attempt to redeem ourselves.

Sincerely hope to be able to welcome you back in the near future and ensure for you a great stay.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

the hotel staff was friendly and professional. the facility was well kept and nicely updated The room was well designed and efficient, plenty of work space. I especially liked the use of a key card slot just inside the door to turn on lights etc. It made sure I never left without a key card! The Hotel is right next to station Rogier which will be easy to navigate once all of the construction is complete. Breakfast was typical European fare with plenty of choices. i would stay there again. Not sure why people are saying this is a "bad location" but transit to the airport is close, the subway is right across the street, shopping is close and there are numerous eateries within a block or two. it is 10 minutes walk from the Grand Place.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Thank you for your comment concerning our ideal location which reflects the vast majority of our guests feedback.

We are looking forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Granted, the Hilton Brussels City has "only" 4 stars, but at least one of those should be deducted. Although a Hilton Diamond Card holder, I was allocated a poky room, in need of refurbishing, and with a most uncomfortable bed. I arrived late, around midnight, so had no energy to return to the reception to ask for a better room. The fact that better rooms were available was proven when a colleague, a silver card holder, complained about his room and was given a better one. This is the first time that my Hilton status has not been recognised at check-in. Incidentally, the breakfast is poor by European standards (though perhaps commensurate with US Hilton hotels). It is a pity that this is now the only Hilton in Brussels; a better hotel in that city is desperately needed. For my part, my next visit to Brussels will definitely NOT be in the Hilton Brussels City.

Room Tip: A good room wanted? Choose another hotel - the Crowne Plaza is right next door !!!
Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on tripadvisor.

We regret to read that your stay did not meet up to your expectations.

Please note that we offer range of guest rooms which vary in also size from Classic to Deluxe and Suites. Rest assured that we do our utmost to grant room type upgrades to our most loyal HHonors customers in line with the availability of our hotel.

It would be a pleasure to have you stay with us once more and attempt to redeem ourselves. Please do feel free to contact me directly at res.brusselscity@hilton.com

Reviewed 29 May 2014

Notified the hotel that I was coming early and needed a super early morning check in and no problem. The front desk staff was not only very professional but friendly. My room was small compared to US standards but was nice enough room for one person. The morning breakfast spread was of good quality and varied enough. Dined in the hotel restaurant and although nothing out of the world, everything was fine. I found the hotel to be well located. Overall loved this Hilton property and would come back if ever in Brussels again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on tripadvisor.

We are very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay with us and glad the reception team was able to accommodate you directly on your early arrival. With great pleasure I will share your nice comments concerning the team.

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Brussels City and look very much forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
0 mi away
Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace
Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le...
#2 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Hotel Metropole
Hotel Metropole
#71 of 199 in Brussels
Pullman Brussels Centre Midi Hotel

Been to Hilton Brussels City? Share your experiences!