2,744 results
All reviewsthe grand placedeluxe roombrussels citytrain stationminute walkbusiness hotelconvenient locationshopping streetgare ducity centrewaffleshonorseurossaunastatuseuropeslippers
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Hotel met my expectations, the rooms were nice and clean. Construction outside of the hotel created a few issues getting in and out of parking. I would stay there again. The staff was very helpful. They need to validate parking or provide some sort of in/out parking priveleges. The parking garage was not real easy to figure out.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
2  Thank John R
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on tripadvisor!

We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us.
Concerning the parking, we appreciate your comments which we will use to review opportunities. We are currently working on placing clear signage inside the parking lot.

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Brussels City and look forward in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

It started at reception. On Withsunday afternoon (beautiful weather, busy tourist season) there was only 1 receptionist, who was busy with another couple (having complicated questions on different bookings and rates). We had to wait rather long to be able to check in. The second person came in but made no gesture to help the first in queue. On the contrary, he was going to make a Phone call.
The room was rather small, but OK. Excellent bed, clean sheets, big towels, coffee/tea facilities etc. Fine.
The bathroom facilities: shower was very small. I have brooses from hitting the tap while standing under the shower. Also: the box with shower cap was empty. The tube with body lotion (I think refilled a couple of times) was unacceptably filthy. Not 4 star wearthy.
Luckily we had a discount price but the formal price mentioned in the room (409 EUR) is really out of league. Breakfast was OK, but not worth the normal 30 EUR. We paid 18 and the guys at reception discussed earlier paid 15. Strange system which makes you feel you are cheated.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
4  Thank RR22
VieriBiticchi, General Manager at Hilton Brussels City, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review on Tripadvisor.

We regret to read that not all areas of your stay have met your expectation especially concerning your wait time upon check in.

Please note we absolutely do not refill any guest rooms products and regret this was your impression. Concerning our breakfast we recently reviewed our pricing to be more competitive at Euro 23.00 and upon guest arrival, to be confirmed on the spot, we are offering it at Euro 18.00 for the whole duration of the stay. Review will be done with team to ensure the communication is passed on clearly.

On different note we appreciate your comments concerning our excellent bedding.

Thank you for having chosen the Hilton Brussels City and hope to have the opportunity in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Standard amenities. No executive lounge. Nothing to indicate any relation with Belgium. Being in Brussels, I went to the bar/restaurant to treat myself to a hot chocolate on a cool evening. The premade mix behind the bar had gone rancid and no one was capable of blending together cocoa powder, sugar and milk to make a warm beverage.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank TwixtTwain

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

We regret to read about your experience at the bar. Please rest assured that your feedback has been shared with the team to ensure a full review will take place.

Our bar is part of our Bien Belge Lounge and restaurant where we reflect classic and modern Belgian cuisine with an attempt to provide our guests a Belgian touch.

We sincerely hope that other areas of your stay have met your expectations and have the possibility in welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Now that the old Bruxelles Hilton on the Boulevard de Waterloo has dropped the Hilton branding and the Conrad is no more this is now Hilton's flagship in a major world capital. Judged as such it is wholly inadequate.

- No Executive lounge.

- A small combined restaurant and bar does not work particularly well as either. As a restaurant the choice is limited and overpriced and the bar is not open throughout the day. It is impossible to get so much as a drink of water in this Hilton in the early afternoon!

- Unable even to deliver newspapers to clients. A simple request for a copy of the FT each morning succeeded the first two days. The third day, a Friday, no FT but I received a categorical assurance that I would receive it on the Saturday. On the Saturday I am informed that they never supply newspapers at weekends!

- Special mention must he made of the wi-fi.The daily € 20.00 charge is a disgrace in what purports to be a business hotel. Wi-fi really must be included in the room price, like water & electricity. Happily I am exempted from paying given my Hhonors 'Diamond' status but there is an even greater problem with the wi-fi; it does not work. That is to say it did not work in my room in a high corner of the building. The problem was solved when I was moved to a lower floor, the inconvenience of which was compensated for with a complimentary dinner.

- Key cards that do not work. A key card is necessary for three operations in the hotel; to use a lift, to enter a room and to enable the lights in the room. Unfortunately the cards keep failing; three sets were required in the first two days and I gave up when I had two cards, one of which operated the lift but failed to access the room and the other accessed the room but did not work on the lift!

- Despite having a confirmed late checkout which I reconfirmed with reception the morning of departure my key cards were disabled the day of departure and the cleaning staff were overheard expressing consternation that my room was still occupied.

Overall this stay fell so far short of my expectations as a Diamond Hhonors member that I am unable to consider returning. The old Hilton may no longer be a Hilton but it is still a much be representation of what a Hilton should be than this will ever be.

• Stayed: June 2014
4  Thank SouthOxon
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for a week on business. Check in was quick and efficient; the reception staff were friendly and spoke perfect English.

The rooms are modern but not particularly spacious. The bathroom was well equipped with toiletries and plenty of towels. There is a large flat screen TV on the wall with three English speaking channels - BBC 1, 2 and 3. There is a well stocked minibar and room service should you wish to dine in your room.

There is a gym on the first floor. It is open 24/7 with guest towels provided. The equipment is modern. There are treadmills, cross trainers, bikes and a rower, but on my one multi gym resistance machine.

With first is available at a cost of 20 Euros for 24 hours or 40 Euros for 3 days.

The hotel is located on the Place Rogier, which is being redeveloped, so there is a lot of heavy construction work on going. There is a large shopping mall across the road and a pedestrianised shopping street.

The only criticism I would level at this hotel is the room rate. Very expensive given the size of the rooms and the noise from the construction work.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank LFCfan123

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor.

We are glad to read you enjoyed your stay with us and particularly enjoyed our wellness room and city location.

Our Scandinavian style Wellness and Health Club also features a sauna and hammam with a 24-hour access. Your comment concerning one additional multi gym resistance machine will be kept into account for a future review.