2,236 results
All reviews the grand place art deco junior suite quiet room minute walk rogier metro station business hotel mini bar gare du hotel is located city centre shopping area convenient location coffee machine an upgrade enjoyed my stay botanical gardens
Reviewed 16 June 2013

If you want a corkscrew in your room, this hotel wants to charge you 5 euros! I laughed so much when room service told me this, that the duty manager actually brought me one free of charge. Although I did have to hear how the charge was to discourage me from bringing wine into the hotel rather than buying it from room service! And there was me thinking that a Crowne Plaza was intended to serve guests, not just milk them.

When I asked why my room, clearly booked as double occupancy, had only one bathrobe and one (small) bottle of water, I was told that it was a "business hotel"...subsequently 2 water bottles appeared, but no additional bathrobe.

If this really is a business hotel, the wifi coverage is shameful. In my room it was impossible to connect for more than a few minutes at a time. Perhaps that's why the wifi (unlike the corkscrew) is labelled 'free'. From the number of people accessing wifi in the lobby and from the corridors, I would guess that my room was far from unique in being free-of-wifi!

Although the staff seem helpful, and the decorations are unique, the level of facilities for a Crowne Plaza are totally inadequate. In my room, nothing in the least bit technical functioned correctly. The TV showed the wrong time, and an error message at every turn-on; the remote changed channels erratically 2 or 3 steps at a time. Even the non-tech things didn't really work: the security chain on the door had been ripped out of the wall and not replaced; the cover on the bathtub water control was broken off; even the tissue dispenser was missing a screw and so plunged to the floor whenever a tissue was removed.

This hotel has seen better days, but not recently I suspect...

2  Thank ifenwick
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear ifenwick,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable accommodations. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Once again, thank you for your candid feedback. We hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Fairly convenient location about 5-10 minutes from Brussel Noord station (although if you exit the station on the Aarschotstraat side the walk is through quite a seedy area), and just at the edge of the semi-pedestrianised central Brussels area. It's an old building although fully modernised inside, with an understated fin de siècle / Klimt theme. I found the bed rather too soft for my liking. The bathroom had a tub with a shower fitting. Breakfast was very good. Decent wifi.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

This the first time we came to Belgium, Brussels. And the location of the hotel is perfect, only 6 minutes, we can go to the railway station, and 2 minutes to the city 2 shopping center.

Our rooms are business connecting room.The receptionnistes are very nice, the chambermaid is kind too.

The next time, we'll still choose this hotel.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Check in was quick & the door / reception staff were very courteous. Overall, the room was very spacious, not so silent but it is in the middle of the city so I think nothing can be done there.
They had forgot a used shower cap hanging behind the bathroom door and I had a surprise when pulled down my bed cover to go to sleep as there was huge very noticeable stain under the topper mattress (see photo attached) Otherwise the room was clean and there were toiletries. I was expecting more from the Crown Plaza for the price I paid.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank unally
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2013

Dear unally,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. It is great to hear your positive feedback on our staff and spacious rooms. We work diligently to ensure our facilities are well maintained and we try our hardest to provide not just good value, but comfortable, clean and friendly accommodations. We apologize for any inconvenience or discomfort you experienced in your room. The feedback we receive from you enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future.

We hope to have an opportunity to serve you again in the near future to provide you with the service you deserve and expect from us.

Lera P
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 June 2013

Stayed here on a business trip. Was upgraded to a business suite, which was very nice. The bed was comfortable and there was a kettle and a coffee machine. The breakfast was good. The location is great near to North station and a beautiful botanical garden.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business