2,190 results
All reviewsthe grand placeart decojunior suitequiet roomminute walkrogier metro stationbusiness hotelmini bargare duhotel is locatedcity centreshopping areaconvenient locationcoffee machinean upgradeenjoyed my staybotanical gardens
995 - 1,000 of 2,190 reviews
Reviewed 20 June 2013

Myself and my Husband Stayed here for weekend.Very good Breakfast- there were lot of choices. Centrally located and walk able distance from train station, city center, Grand-palace,Manneken pis and Comic Strip Museum.Room service is good. Receptionist were helpful too in guiding us with the routes.

I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bigbear_om
rhurkmans, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2013

Good day bigbear_om,
It was our pleasure to have hosted you. We are delighted that you liked our hotel and Brussels so much, so please spread the word.
We would be happy, if you would return to Crowne Plaza Brussels Le Palace one day.
Best, Rogier M. Hurkmans

Reviewed 18 June 2013

I stayed for one night at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Brussels. Unfortunately, my room was very dark and unwelcoming, as there was only a very small window at the side right in the back of the room. So if you are staying for a longer period or are in the room for a longer time, it might be worthwile to ask for a room with a proper window!

The Bathroom was nice, although the drain in the bathtub didn't work properly and the water stayed in the bathtub. This is not what I'm used from hotels in this price range and should be regularely checked by housekeeping.

All in all, I had a good night's sleep but wouldn't stay here again.

1  Thank citygirlloves2travel
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2013

Dear citygirlloves2travel,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. I'm sorry you were unhappy with the appearance of the room. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. We appreciate all guest feedback, and strive to provide excellent service to all of our guests.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 June 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a night during a long vacation and was very happy with the hotel.
Reception staff were very friendly and hotel very nice inside. We arrived a bit early and our room was ready for us which was great as we had a bit of a train ride from London and wanted to get changed.
Close to a train station and only 15 mins walk to the old town square. Would recommend.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank StephRen
Reviewed 16 June 2013

If you want a corkscrew in your room, this hotel wants to charge you 5 euros! I laughed so much when room service told me this, that the duty manager actually brought me one free of charge. Although I did have to hear how the charge was to discourage me from bringing wine into the hotel rather than buying it from room service! And there was me thinking that a Crowne Plaza was intended to serve guests, not just milk them.

When I asked why my room, clearly booked as double occupancy, had only one bathrobe and one (small) bottle of water, I was told that it was a "business hotel"...subsequently 2 water bottles appeared, but no additional bathrobe.

If this really is a business hotel, the wifi coverage is shameful. In my room it was impossible to connect for more than a few minutes at a time. Perhaps that's why the wifi (unlike the corkscrew) is labelled 'free'. From the number of people accessing wifi in the lobby and from the corridors, I would guess that my room was far from unique in being free-of-wifi!

Although the staff seem helpful, and the decorations are unique, the level of facilities for a Crowne Plaza are totally inadequate. In my room, nothing in the least bit technical functioned correctly. The TV showed the wrong time, and an error message at every turn-on; the remote changed channels erratically 2 or 3 steps at a time. Even the non-tech things didn't really work: the security chain on the door had been ripped out of the wall and not replaced; the cover on the bathtub water control was broken off; even the tissue dispenser was missing a screw and so plunged to the floor whenever a tissue was removed.

This hotel has seen better days, but not recently I suspect...

2  Thank ifenwick
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2013

Dear ifenwick,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. Guest comfort and satisfaction are of the utmost concern to us and our hotel is committed to making every possible effort to provide comfortable accommodations. Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced during your stay. Though we would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, we would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Once again, thank you for your candid feedback. We hope that you will give us the pleasure of hosting you again on your next visit.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 13 June 2013

Fairly convenient location about 5-10 minutes from Brussel Noord station (although if you exit the station on the Aarschotstraat side the walk is through quite a seedy area), and just at the edge of the semi-pedestrianised central Brussels area. It's an old building although fully modernised inside, with an understated fin de siècle / Klimt theme. I found the bed rather too soft for my liking. The bathroom had a tub with a shower fitting. Breakfast was very good. Decent wifi.