“A great place to stay!”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace
LEEDS, WEST YORKSHIRE
“A great place to stay!”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel for a week and it was a great base from which to explore the fabulous cosmopolitan city of Brussels. Situated quite close to the city centre (approximately 10-15 minutes' walk) we needed to use a back entrance due to building work but this was no hardship. We were immediately upgraded to an executive room (I think it was for the "inconvenience" of the building work going on) and the room was lovely, with great little additional treats such as "This Works" lavender pillow spray and pulse point balm to help with relaxation, super toiletries in individual dinky containers (a good make which unfortunately I can't remember but similar to Penhaligons!), dressing gowns and bottled water replenished daily. Large, airy and lots of natural light from large picture windows.
The breakfast was buffet style and had everything! Croissants, pain au chocolat, meats, cheeses, different types of breads, full cooked breakfasts and cereals....everything you may want!!!
The staff on Reception were courteous and very helpful. I was cheeky enough to ask for extra sets of the pillow spray and pulse point balm and these were given to me at no extra charge (these sets cost £10.50 on Boots!).
There is a great steak restaurant directly opposite the hotel and when in Brussels a visit would not be complete without a few specialist beers in A la Becasse which is about 10 minutes walk and is one of the oldest beer cellars in Europe....a real find!!!
All in all a great hotel in a pleasant location close to the centre of Brussels. I would happily go back!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank REETPETEET

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Spent 4 nights in February and very pleased. Excellent accommodations, friendly staff and well located.
Walked to several local points of interest and the front desk was very helpful with my train arrangements to Paris.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was doing a quick trip to Europe last June with a good friend of mine. We had a flight leaving quite early from the Brussels Airport to head back home and we wanted to stay one night downtown Brussels to enjoy their Beers, Chocolates and French Fries. I found this hotel on a travel Web site and booked it because of its location and comments from previous guests. I did not know what to expect!

The closest train station to this hotel is : "Gare du Nord" Only a 5 minute walk. If you get off at "Gare de Bruxelles Centre," you'll be walking much longer and easy to get lost because of the way street are indicated. From the Gare du Nord, you'll be walking straight all the way. Easy to get to the hotel, and easy to get back to the Train station. The train ride to the airport is only 20 minutes, from Gare du Nord to the Brussels Airport.

This hotel was constructed in 1908 and you can not tell once inside! A beautiful colourful hotel. The hotel was very clean, quiet and the staff at the front desk was very helpful.
The hotel location could not have been better! Close to the train station "Gare du Nord," close to the shopping street (La rue des magasins), close to Rogier Square, close to the Belgian Comic Strip Centre, and also close to the Cathedral of St. Michael. Also a few minutes away from the famous "La Grand Place" and Manneken Pis Statue.

There was construction near the hotel and we did not hear a thing from the room.

If I ever go back to Brussels, I'll be looking if this hotel has rooms left!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 17 June 2014

As an IHG Rewards Club Gold, I should have received an upgrade. This hotel apparently does not have a proper Executive floor with lounge etc., which is disappointing. The room I was given(supposedly upgraded) had no view to speak of. When I mentioned this to the person (trainee) who checked me in, she had to go and ask someone. She came back and told me that this was the upgraded room because it had a fancy coffee maker! I told her that I was not interested in fancy coffee. I was then given a room with a view of the garden. This room itself was definitely a downgrade from what I had, but no one cared to offer any compensation, not even an extra drink coupon. Bottom line: I actually ended up getting a worse room. I should have got an upgraded room with a view! This was disappointing at a Crowne Plaza. Also, why is there no proper Executive floor?

Room Tip: I have no tips because I did not get a good room in spite of my Gold status!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
rm_hurkmans, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Ravi4travel,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I'm very sorry to read, that you were not satisfied with the benefits we've offered you as an IHG Reward Club Gold member. As we always want to learn and increase our services, I reviewed your stay with us and as far as I can see, you have received all benefits you're entitled to within your status, inc the 10% bonus on base points, welcome drink voucher, etc. On top, we prepared you a room on our IHG Reward Club floor, specially created for our valuable IHG Reward Club members. These rooms are located on the top floor, have a Nespresso coffee machine, a mini bar filled with a selection of complimentary drinks and additional guest amenities. Indeed, we don't offer a lounge (not available in our hotel). Complimentary room upgrades on availability at check in are granted from a Platinum status. I really regret that you didn't like the Executive room, with a view on the Botanical garden, we've offered you, after your comments at the reception. Our aim is always to do everything we can to make your stay enjoyable and I'm, sorry we missed that.
Feel free to contact me at any time, if I can be of further assistance
Best regards
Rogier M. Hurkmans
Winnipeg
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Great hotel, upgraded our free room - used hotel points for this stay - wonderful. Lots of construction in the area - if you are taking the train from Brugge - it the 3rd stop in Brussels - we got off at the second stop and had to take a taxi after wondering around for 1/2 hour. Close to great shopping area.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
London, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This hotel doesn't look like that much from the outside. It's a bit understated when you walk in. But I found that in pretty much every regard, they performed very well. This hotel delivered everything I want from a hotel and a bit more, on pretty much every dimension. Good breakfast, good food, excellent conference facilities, and -- most of all -- I had a great night of sleep here. The bed was very comfortable. I liked the little kit they provided that helps you sleep. Central location, if a bit too many cars and commercial activity. But overall, this is a definite thumbs up.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank morl8tr
Bogota, Colombia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I traveled with my wife and my 2-year old kid and had a pleasant stay. Nice room with all the amenities, crib for my baby. Breakfast very good, but way too expensive. Very well located, 10-minute walk to Grand-Place through Rue Neuve, pedestrian street with shops and department stores.
I definitely recommend it!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre
Hotel BLOOM!
Hotel BLOOM!
#1 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Hilton Brussels Grand Place

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace? Share your experiences!