“Great hotel with excellent location”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Nice old hotel with good locations. Excellent service attitude in reception. Direct check-out by tv-system. Works fine for work travels, a bit expensive for private travels. Everything worked as expected. There was studio for football Wold Cup set up in the bar also.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

After a long 10 days in Europe we were very pleasantly surprised when we checked in to this magnificent hotel. The check in process was flawless, the room was very spacious, the bathroom sparkled and the climate control was perfect. The bed was very comfortable. If I ever return to Brussels, this hotel will be at the top of my list.

The hotel is perfectly located near the main shopping area and tourist attractions. The architecture within easy walking distance was spectacular.

The hotel is very close to the Noord Train Station - which is easily accessible from the Brussels airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank TravelGirl181747
Reviewed 20 June 2014

First the good: The hotel is conveniently located only a short walk from Brussels North train station which means it is easily accessible from the airport. The staff are friendly, the rooms are nice, the place seems clean and pleasant. In general this is a fine place to stay for business travel and if you're in Brussels for pleasure you are also only about a 10-15 minute walk from the city center.

Now the bad (from least problematic to most):
1. For some reason the English language BBC channels on the television had horrible reception and were unwatchable. Not that big of a problem though obviously.

2. The wifi signal was extremely poor and slow. I was traveling on business and the poor wifi was certainly a problem for getting work done.

3. A guest staying on my floor obviously had too much to drink while watching the World Cup and vomited several times in the hall, in front of the lift, and in the lift itself. I informed the hotel staff around 9pm. The vomit was not cleaned until around 8 am the next day, meaning that myself and any other guests staying on that floor had to navigate a slalom of vomit every time we left our rooms. I understand that at 9pm in the evening the normal cleaning crew would not be in the office but in reality, there has to be an option for things like this to have it cleaned immediately. For guests to have to deal with foul smelling and unsanitary vomit in the hall and lift for more than just a few minutes is unacceptable.

2  Thank MEJOK
rm_hurkmans, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Mejok,
First of all I would like to express a BIG apology for the inconveniences you and other guests experienced with us. You are completely right, this should not happen and is unacceptable. I'm very much ashamed that we didn't clean the left overs from an incident from another guest, after you've reported it to our reception team members, but left it untill the next morning. I can guarantee you that we surely learn from our mistakes and this was one of the biggest learnings in recent history. That's why I also want to thank you for taking the time to share this with us. You've also filled out the IHG guest survey and based on that, we already implemented changes in our procedures to avoid such inconveniences in the future. We will also check the room on the wifi signal and BBC TV station. We recently invested a large amount in a new in-room entertainment system and our wifi. Both systems should work perfect, but unfortunately it didn't, so please accept my apologies for this as well.
Thanks for choosing our hotel and please let me know, when you will return to us (rogier.hurkmans@cpbxl.be). We are committed to doing everything we can to make it right in the future.
Kind regards to Vienna
Rogier M. Hurkmans
Manaing Director

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We stayed in this hotel for a week and it was a great base from which to explore the fabulous cosmopolitan city of Brussels. Situated quite close to the city centre (approximately 10-15 minutes' walk) we needed to use a back entrance due to building work but this was no hardship. We were immediately upgraded to an executive room (I think it was for the "inconvenience" of the building work going on) and the room was lovely, with great little additional treats such as "This Works" lavender pillow spray and pulse point balm to help with relaxation, super toiletries in individual dinky containers (a good make which unfortunately I can't remember but similar to Penhaligons!), dressing gowns and bottled water replenished daily. Large, airy and lots of natural light from large picture windows.
The breakfast was buffet style and had everything! Croissants, pain au chocolat, meats, cheeses, different types of breads, full cooked breakfasts and cereals....everything you may want!!!
The staff on Reception were courteous and very helpful. I was cheeky enough to ask for extra sets of the pillow spray and pulse point balm and these were given to me at no extra charge (these sets cost £10.50 on Boots!).
There is a great steak restaurant directly opposite the hotel and when in Brussels a visit would not be complete without a few specialist beers in A la Becasse which is about 10 minutes walk and is one of the oldest beer cellars in Europe....a real find!!!
All in all a great hotel in a pleasant location close to the centre of Brussels. I would happily go back!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank REETPETEET
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Spent 4 nights in February and very pleased. Excellent accommodations, friendly staff and well located.
Walked to several local points of interest and the front desk was very helpful with my train arrangements to Paris.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was doing a quick trip to Europe last June with a good friend of mine. We had a flight leaving quite early from the Brussels Airport to head back home and we wanted to stay one night downtown Brussels to enjoy their Beers, Chocolates and French Fries. I found this hotel on a travel Web site and booked it because of its location and comments from previous guests. I did not know what to expect!

The closest train station to this hotel is : "Gare du Nord" Only a 5 minute walk. If you get off at "Gare de Bruxelles Centre," you'll be walking much longer and easy to get lost because of the way street are indicated. From the Gare du Nord, you'll be walking straight all the way. Easy to get to the hotel, and easy to get back to the Train station. The train ride to the airport is only 20 minutes, from Gare du Nord to the Brussels Airport.

This hotel was constructed in 1908 and you can not tell once inside! A beautiful colourful hotel. The hotel was very clean, quiet and the staff at the front desk was very helpful.
The hotel location could not have been better! Close to the train station "Gare du Nord," close to the shopping street (La rue des magasins), close to Rogier Square, close to the Belgian Comic Strip Centre, and also close to the Cathedral of St. Michael. Also a few minutes away from the famous "La Grand Place" and Manneken Pis Statue.

There was construction near the hotel and we did not hear a thing from the room.

If I ever go back to Brussels, I'll be looking if this hotel has rooms left!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 June 2014

As an IHG Rewards Club Gold, I should have received an upgrade. This hotel apparently does not have a proper Executive floor with lounge etc., which is disappointing. The room I was given(supposedly upgraded) had no view to speak of. When I mentioned this to the person (trainee) who checked me in, she had to go and ask someone. She came back and told me that this was the upgraded room because it had a fancy coffee maker! I told her that I was not interested in fancy coffee. I was then given a room with a view of the garden. This room itself was definitely a downgrade from what I had, but no one cared to offer any compensation, not even an extra drink coupon. Bottom line: I actually ended up getting a worse room. I should have got an upgraded room with a view! This was disappointing at a Crowne Plaza. Also, why is there no proper Executive floor?

Room Tip: I have no tips because I did not get a good room in spite of my Gold status!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
rm_hurkmans, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Ravi4travel,
Thank you very much for staying with us and for sharing your experience. I'm very sorry to read, that you were not satisfied with the benefits we've offered you as an IHG Reward Club Gold member. As we always want to learn and increase our services, I reviewed your stay with us and as far as I can see, you have received all benefits you're entitled to within your status, inc the 10% bonus on base points, welcome drink voucher, etc. On top, we prepared you a room on our IHG Reward Club floor, specially created for our valuable IHG Reward Club members. These rooms are located on the top floor, have a Nespresso coffee machine, a mini bar filled with a selection of complimentary drinks and additional guest amenities. Indeed, we don't offer a lounge (not available in our hotel). Complimentary room upgrades on availability at check in are granted from a Platinum status. I really regret that you didn't like the Executive room, with a view on the Botanical garden, we've offered you, after your comments at the reception. Our aim is always to do everything we can to make your stay enjoyable and I'm, sorry we missed that.
Feel free to contact me at any time, if I can be of further assistance
Best regards
Rogier M. Hurkmans

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
NH Collection Brussels Centre
Hotel BLOOM!
Hotel BLOOM!
#1 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Hilton Brussels Grand Place

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace? Share your experiences!