“Location, Location”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Hotel is really nice, a bit antique, but well kept, bathrooms were huge, and clean, bed not so much , but who care, F/D staff really nice, kudos to Michael, he was really attentive and took time to explain the amenities , Hotel across the street from City Center mall, lot s of dining options and also close to the metro

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
rm_hurkmans, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear I A,
It was our pleasure to be your host. Thank you so much for your nice and positive comments about our hotel and services. I shared your review with our Team and passed on the kudos to Michael. He was very appreciative.
We look forward to your next stay and will do everything again to make your stay enjoyable.
Best

There are newer reviews for Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Just returned from weekend there - fabulous hotel and excellent staff very good value for money close to the tube/tram and walking distance fr4om main places to visit - will definitely stay here again

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Stopped here overnight on our way to Amsterdam. Great location for looking around Brussells staff very helpful. Rooms upgraded which were lovely. Nice breakfast with good choices. Good beds with good air conditioning.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 July 2014

I stayed here for one night whilst on business and normally opt for IHG properties for consistency. As a Platinum member, I was upgraded but there is no club lounge in this property. I didn't have an inclusive breakfast rate which normally doesn't pose a problem because in a club lounge it is complimentary. I was a little bit unhappy to have to pay in excess of €25 for breakfast. The breakfast however was good as was the restaurant for dinner the previous evening. I would return here and recommend it but without gusto - simply put, it isn't the best CP I've stayed in.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Jonathan H,
Thank you very much for your stay and feedback! I'm happy to experience that you liked your upgrade to our IHG Reward Club member floor, where we offer additional amenities. As you mentioned, indeed, we don't have a Club Lounge. For your next booking with us, I can recommend you to book an inclusive breakfast rate, or to add breakfast to your room reservation at a discounted price. Both are available when reserving through the IHG/ Crowne Plaza website.
It would be our pleasure to welcoming you again.
Kindest regards

Reviewed 4 July 2014

A very nice and comfortable hotel. Situated a little away from the city center (Grand Place) but has a lot of facilities around.
The check in and check out procedure was very swift. Although the check in time is 3 PM but I got the room when I arrived by an early flight at 9.30 AM.
The hotel has two entrances. The entrance towards Rogiers parking is close to Rogiers Metro station (100 meters), restaurants (all around), Hip on Hip Off bus stop (200 meters). Hilton is next door and Sheraton just across the road.
The rooms and bathroom are very spacious according to European standards. In room facilities include a Nespresso machine, hot water kettle, hair dryer, in room safe etc. There is only one complimentary small bottle of water daily. If you need extra water, buy it from outside as the water, soft drinks, wraps, and salads bought from the reception are charged at eight euros a piece.
If you want a room with the view of the Botanic garden, there is a an extra charge over the standard twin room which have a window opening inside with other room windows a very short distance away. Some standard rooms are facing a wall.
The breakfast is sufficient but not lavish. One has a choice of breads, cheese, rice, noodles, scrambled egg. sausages, and bacon. An omelet can be ordered.
Room service is a little bit not up to the expectation. One day, the food had to be ordered through the reception as the room service phone kept on ringing for fifteen minutes with no response.
The reception also forgot to wake me up one day, although the wake up call was booked at the reception a night before. So keep your own alarm lest you miss your appointment or flight.
Just across the road from the hotel is the city mall with a lot of shopping alternatives. It also has a Carrefour store where one can buy daily needs.
A very nice pedestrian street, rue neveu, is also across the road which has a variety of shops. Most shops close around 7 PM.
Overall, a nice and good place to stay in Brussels.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 June 2014

這間旅館不論是工作人員、房間和餐點都相當出色。服務相當好,房間和浴室也都非常寬敞。自助早餐菜色之豐富最讓人難以想像,所以預訂時選擇包含早餐的房價絕對划得來。我們住了兩晚,而因為我們選擇了中間不要求客房清潔,旅館送我們免費的飲品券。另外,捷運站也很近。

The hotel has great staff, great room, and great food! Service was very good. The room we had was very spacious, so is the bathroom. The choice of items in the breakfast buffet is beyond belief. I therefore recommend reserving with a rate that includes breakfast because it definitely pays off. We stayed for 2 nights, and by electing to not have them clean the room between the 2 nights, we got free drink coupons! In addition, the metro station is close by.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Hereby a summary of the positive and negative aspects of this hotel from my point of view:

Positives:

+ free upgrade to Junior Suite
+ free wifi in rooms and the whole hotel
+ nice art nouveau style rooms
+ very nice promo-price received for the room + breakfast (even though booked last minute)
+ great breakfast selections
+ friendly and professional staff
+ special requests were honoured
+ location, very close to public transport

Negatives:

- minibar not filled, this is not acceptable for a 4 star hotel for me! You need to go to the bar to order your stuff...come on!
- hairs were to be found in the bathroom of my room (and I am not talking about 1-2 hairs only!)

A pitty about the cleanliness issue in the bathroom...I would have rated this hotel 4 stars overall with ease otherwize! Really a pitty...

At this moment, not recommended and I hope somebody reads my comments about the cleanlinness of the bathroom as this is easy to avoid!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Tommy D
rm_hurkmans, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear Tommy D,
It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you for choosing us. I'm happy to read that, in general you liked our hotel, especially our good location and friendly/professional staff. I'm really sorry to experience, that you found hairs in your bathroom. You are completely right, this is not how it should be and I would like to offer an apology. An impeccable cleanliness is one of our main objectives and I can assure you that we have taken this up in our housekeeping team and took extra measures to avoid it. If you want, you can drop me the room number you've stayed in under rogier.hurkmans@cpbxl.be, so we can investigate in more detail.
I do understand your remark on the empty minibar. Based on guest feedback, we have decided to empty it, to provide more service to our guests. The minibar can now be used to a guest his/her own convenience and we are able to offer a much broader range of food and drink items at a competitive price from our Grab&Go, than with the traditional minibar set up.
I hope we can convince you to return and recommend us after your next visit with us. It would be great to have to back.
Kind regards
Managing Director

Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
NH Collection Brussels Centre
Hilton Brussels Grand Place
Hotel BLOOM!
Hotel BLOOM!
#1 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace? Share your experiences!