“Nice hotel - I would return”

Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre
Dublin, Ireland
“Nice hotel - I would return”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Very nice hotel. We spent two nights there on a business trip. The lounge area was very pleasant with good entertainment in the evening and a lovely bar area. The food was very nice and the staff friendly. Rooms were clean and functional for business. We had some problems at the reception - I had paid on-line but it didn't seem to come up on their system so I was asked a few times to pay twice! However, I would still return and recommend the hotel.

Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Nice hotel, but not in the prime tourist area. European sized rooms - so don't freak out if it seems cramped. But major construction out front is noisy and messy. You may want to take shoe polish along. Friendly service. They charge extra for wifi and it's spotty. Restaurant to the left of the hotel is palatable if you don't have the time to walk to nicer places. Nice grocer to the right as you exit the hotel and late night convenience store across the street. Metro is next to the hotel so that is easy.

Room Tip: Check wifi when you get to room. I had trouble in my first room so asked to be moved. They were obli...
voorburg
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Last weekend we stayed in Thon Hotel Brussels city center.. What a marvellous place to be! It was a clean,excellent hotel. We got an upgrade to a bigger room. We got two rooms and a bathroom. It was one of the nicest stays i ever had...
So GO THERE and let you surprise!!!

Room Tip: Just go there!! You will be surprized
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mosheleyah1511
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I will start by writing, I didn't stay here. However, after arriving from london with my 2 small children in tow, I realized I'd lost my phone containing my debit card, credit card and license. Luckily, I had a few hundred American dollars. Unlucky for me, arriving at 7pm on Saturday meant no open cash exchanges. After trying to exchange money at the Sheraton hotel to no avail, I went into the Thon. David Li, working behind the front desk, informed me that, although he couldn't exchange money for me, he'd help any way he could. He proceeded to walk my kids and I outside, with all our luggage, run across the street to a taxi, tell the driver our plight and at which hotel we were booked ( and, knowing I had no euros, I think he payed for our cab bc our driver said there was no charge!), and send us on our way, with a heartfelt, "if you need anything else, don't hesitate to come back". Had my hotel in brussels not already been booked, I would have absolutely stayed at the Thon, just based on their hospitality. If their staff treats a nonpaying customer that way, imagine what they do for the paying ones!!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Katcase
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Helpful staff reception staff showed us sights on a map and even printed our flight tickets. Bar looked gorgeous even though we didn't have a drink. The breakfast restaurant is worth the money. Great variety of food on the buffet and coffee was good. The restaurant staff were lovely and one male staff member (originally from Albania) but I have forgotten his name was lovely and took the time to have a chat with us about our travels. Room was great! Great view! Pillows were a little flat so reception sent us up another two. Thank you, we had a great stay.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Altrincham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I have stayed in this hotel many, many times, because the location is reasonable, I can generally get a room there at fairly short notice, and I know what to expect. Some of the staff are exceptional, all are polite, some a little slow but well trained and willing. The breakfast is something of a rugby scrum, with business people and tourists falling over each other to get to the (limited number of) coffee machines first. The breakfast buffet is plentiful and varied but stupidly overpriced. There is sometimes live music in the bar (which offers a daily happy hour). My tip is to use the service lifts during the busy periods and avoid taking the scenic route, when the lift stops at every floor just so we can tell eager guests that they will have to wait for the next one. There's a paucity of good restaurants around the hotel. The Brussels Grill next door suffers terrible service and a limited menu of fairly non-descript food. Best to walk down towards the centre and eat around the Bourse area.

Room Tip: Get one on the highest floor possible.
Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 June 2014

There are several aspects of this property that are good, for example I have always found it very clean and tidy in both the rooms and public areas. I have stayed in their suites that also offer great floor space, light and comfort and on one occasion even had a private sauna. The quietness within the rooms have also been very good with no excessive or intrusive noises from above, below or corridors, and these are greatly above and beyond many hotels that I have stayed in and are much appreciated aspects.
The location to the centre is also excellent; however the list of what I dislike is equally as long if not longer.
The hotel itself is very reminiscent of a conference hotel and often the lack of personal attention from staff that you find in such establishments, where they are geared up for the mass check in and mass check out.

The lifts are some of the most annoying you will come across and despite being four of them, I do have the impression that only one ever works at a time! and then is a struggle if more than one person with a piece of luggage is in the lift before you !.

Likewise with the breakfast service, this is very much a canteen style buffet quick in out self-service with poor greeting on arrival and non on departure whatsoever !, one can only hope that your day will be far better than the one that the greeter taking your room number is having !.
Coffee is also self-service with a very slow machine, so easy to find yourself in another cue.
In the evening there is no food available (not even a sandwich) which I find remarkable for a 4 star hotel. And finally if you are fortunate to have a bright sunny morning forecast, then there is no need to set the alarm as the curtains do a very poor job at keeping out the light.
If you need a shirt ironing then you need to treck (using the lifts again) to the 13th floor to do your own ironing so make sure you plan your crease removal away from any peak travel times such as breakfast.

Room Tip: If you can, then go for a suite on the 27th floor great floor space, peaceful and good views.
1 Thank AlanCoxon
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Hotel BLOOM!
Hotel BLOOM!
#1 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Thon Hotel EU
Thon Hotel EU
#14 of 199 in Brussels
NH Collection Brussels Centre
Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le Palace
Crowne Plaza Hotel Brussels - Le...
#2 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Hilton Brussels City
Hilton Brussels City
#4 of 13 in Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Hotel Le Plaza
Hotel Le Plaza
#42 of 199 in Brussels

Been to Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre? Share your experiences!