“Nice business - hotel!”

Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

I spent 3 days in this nice, friendly and very well-located hotel! The personnel was very kind! The breakfast was a really good surprise! Only disadvantage the small space in the room! It was made just for one person! I strongly recommend it for people that come to Brussels on a business trip!!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,299)

Reviewed 20 June 2014

Actually, in Brussels there are lots of hotels but the reason why we stay this hotel is that it is nearer to brussels and historical alike city centre. When measuring the distance, it is about to 600 metres to walk. As to hotel, everything was fine except porc salamis and sausages in breakfast. Breakfast offers a wide variety of foods that u can affect in a good way. Rooms are so big and u can do both tea and coffee in your room without giving any fee. Beds are so comfortable to sleep in. I get 80 out of 100.

For the french version...

En fait a Brussels, il y a des hotels mais a cause de rester cette hotel est il y a proximite a Brussels a la fois Brussels ville et historique de la Ancienne Brussels. En ce qui concerne hotel ce tout est bien en dehors de salamis et du sausages. Au petit-dejeuner est include beacuoup des alimentaries. Et cette chambre est tres grande et tu faire du tea et coffee dans une chambre.

Room Tip: 17th floor ( au dix-huit etieme etage)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Very nice hotel. We spent two nights there on a business trip. The lounge area was very pleasant with good entertainment in the evening and a lovely bar area. The food was very nice and the staff friendly. Rooms were clean and functional for business. We had some problems at the reception - I had paid on-line but it didn't seem to come up on their system so I was asked a few times to pay twice! However, I would still return and recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with ThonHotels.no
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Nice hotel, but not in the prime tourist area. European sized rooms - so don't freak out if it seems cramped. But major construction out front is noisy and messy. You may want to take shoe polish along. Friendly service. They charge extra for wifi and it's spotty. Restaurant to the left of the hotel is palatable if you don't have the time to walk to nicer places. Nice grocer to the right as you exit the hotel and late night convenience store across the street. Metro is next to the hotel so that is easy.

Room Tip: Check wifi when you get to room. I had trouble in my first room so asked to be moved. They were obli...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Last weekend we stayed in Thon Hotel Brussels city center.. What a marvellous place to be! It was a clean,excellent hotel. We got an upgrade to a bigger room. We got two rooms and a bathroom. It was one of the nicest stays i ever had...
So GO THERE and let you surprise!!!

Room Tip: Just go there!! You will be surprized
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mosheleyah1511
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I will start by writing, I didn't stay here. However, after arriving from london with my 2 small children in tow, I realized I'd lost my phone containing my debit card, credit card and license. Luckily, I had a few hundred American dollars. Unlucky for me, arriving at 7pm on Saturday meant no open cash exchanges. After trying to exchange money at the Sheraton hotel to no avail, I went into the Thon. David Li, working behind the front desk, informed me that, although he couldn't exchange money for me, he'd help any way he could. He proceeded to walk my kids and I outside, with all our luggage, run across the street to a taxi, tell the driver our plight and at which hotel we were booked ( and, knowing I had no euros, I think he payed for our cab bc our driver said there was no charge!), and send us on our way, with a heartfelt, "if you need anything else, don't hesitate to come back". Had my hotel in brussels not already been booked, I would have absolutely stayed at the Thon, just based on their hospitality. If their staff treats a nonpaying customer that way, imagine what they do for the paying ones!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Katcase
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Helpful staff reception staff showed us sights on a map and even printed our flight tickets. Bar looked gorgeous even though we didn't have a drink. The breakfast restaurant is worth the money. Great variety of food on the buffet and coffee was good. The restaurant staff were lovely and one male staff member (originally from Albania) but I have forgotten his name was lovely and took the time to have a chat with us about our travels. Room was great! Great view! Pillows were a little flat so reception sent us up another two. Thank you, we had a great stay.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Saint-Josse-ten-Noode
Thon Hotel EU
Hotel Metropole
#69 of 198 in Brussels
Ibis Brussels off Grand Place
Ibis Brussels Centre Gare Midi

Been to Thon Hotel Brussels City Centre? Share your experiences!